Chapter 8- The Earth

The Underworld: Sgimao
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

So, we were climbing up the ladder now.

Sera was on top of my head, really excited because of the oxygen level raising higher higher with my every step up.

She was making strange but happy noises and it almost sounded like she was singing. But I didn’t really know what singing was and the only singing thing I ever saw was the boy climbing the ladder above me. So, I couldn’t really say if Sera’s noises would be considered as singing.

“Are you tired?” Yong Junhyung asked, looking down and smiling at me.

I could see that he was tired.

“Yeah, should we sit for a little bit before continuing?” I smiled back at him.

It wasn’t like I was tired, heck I didn’t feel even one bit tired! But I had an heart, I strongly hope so, and that heart wouldn’t allow me to say that we should continue because I wasn’t tired, not when I could clearly see the exhausted expression on Yong Junhyung’s face and his trembling hands.

We sat down on the ladder and started talking about random things. Ah, it was more like a question answer session with me doing the asking part.

“How is the live on Earth?”

“Uh, simple I guess. You wake up, go to work or school, then you go back home and sleep.”

“What’s a school?”

“A place where children are taught about different subjects.”

“Then, what do you do at that time? Work or go to school?”

“Me? I’m still a student, a person who goes to school, but I work part-time which means I work at somewhere not all day but for a few hours after school.”

“How old are you?”

“Probably around the same age as you.”

“Then how old am I?”

“Uh, sorry. I forgot…”

I didn’t respond to that, I was curiously waiting for his answer.

“I’m 28.”

“Is that old?”

“It’s not. But it’s not so young either I guess.” He scratched his head.

“Then how old am I?” I asked again, but this time it was directed towards myself.

“I’m sorry.” Yong Junhyung mumbled before standing up and continuing climbing. “Let’s get out of here first.”

He was trying to be cheerful.

I nodded and climbed after him. Sera was still on top of my head, playing with my hair.

“Sera, can you please stay put?” I said to her with a soft voice. “We will fall down.”

She whined a bit but stopped her hyperactive actions. Then she went down to my left shoulder and encircled her tail around my neck, holding onto it with her front legs at the same time.

“Good girl.” I smiled at her. “Now stay like that until we reach the graveyard.”

But it seemed that that would take a bit too long.

“Oh God,” Yong Junhyung mumbled. “I didn’t expect it to be this high. My fall took just a few seconds.”

“Falling is always easier, don’t you know that?” I smirked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter