Chapter 1- The Gates

The Underworld: Sgimao
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I’m here again, thankfully.

It’s such a nice thing to be able to feel thankful. How could I live my first ten years without knowing what a feeling that was? I don’t know.

I will make my first attempt today. I know I won’t be successful but I must try anyway. If I don’t try, I can’t find the right way. If I can’t find the right way, I can’t get out of this place.

I will go to the gates. No, they’re not real gates with all that iron and locks and stuff. They’re the graves that were dug way too deep, like Lee Chaerin’s grave.

I will probably use hers, or more like try to. Normally I can’t reach it, since it’s way too high up for me. But I will definitely find a way.

Maybe I can go find some Sgimians and tell them to die, so that I can climb on their corpses. I’m sure that would work since it’s enough for them to die if you just go and tell them so.

But I can’t do that. Although they don’t value their lives, I do. Although they don’t think living is special, I do. So I can’t ever go and do that.

Maybe I will just go and look at how it looks and make some plans for later. Yeah, that’s a good idea.

Go, Chaerin. Go and look at what you can do.

I’m at the gates now. It looks more refreshing and calm here. the always lifeless trees look like they’re almost smiling, almost. Here in Sgimao, nothing can express any emotion. Only here at the gates can you find some signs of normality.

And I’m there, breathing in the fresh Earth air.

“Someday,” I mumble. “I will go up there and see that chaotic world with my own eyes.”

If I can survive, that is…

“I will!” I shake my head. “Why wouldn’t I? Don’t I know the importance of a life? Didn’t I learn how to protect my life?”

Yes, I’ve lear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter