Chapter 7

Her Small Boy; His Little Girl

Dear diary,

Today, I was really happy I spent the whole day with that special him… :-) he made me feel beautiful, and he didn’t even have to say it. I know that he is my boss and I shouldn’t be crushing on him like that but I can’t help myself. Imagine being around such a HOT guy and having not fall for him. Either your chromosomes have got some problems or you’re homoual. -_-

Checking out!

 

“Oh dear what should I wear…” IU paced around her room nervously, vexed over whether she should dress like a lady or like a tomboy or… Gahh. Why oh why does her first time going out with a guy have to be so brain teasing?!

 

3 knocks were heard. IU got even more nervous.

 

“IU, are you in there? Myungsoo is looking for you.” Min Hyuk knocked thrice again. IU quickly threw on an oversized shirt which covered her shorts and wore her pink strawberry decorated bunny bedroom slippers before opening the door.

 

“He’s downstairs?”

 

“Yeah.” Min Hyuk looked at how IU was dressed and realized how cute and small sized she actually was.

 

“Why did that idiot have to come? I’m supposed to be getting ready for my date with Min Hyuk like right now. Picture the biggest jerk of the world, and that idiot is even bigger than he is.”

 

“What do you want?” IU folded her legs and made herself comfy on the couch. She didn’t even bother offering him a cup of coffee or a seat on the couch. Awkwardly, Myungsoo sat down on the couch, letting out a fake cough before shifting his gaze to Min Hyuk, signaling for him to serve some drinks since he was the third party here.

 

“Is that the way you should be talking to your boss?”

 

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t know your ego was so big.”

 

Myungsoo’s fists clenched because he knew he couldn’t outtalk her. She should’ve gone and be a lawyer or a debater, not a fashionista freak of nature.

 

“Anyway, the reports you sent in yesterday were not up to standard.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Now, as the two continued their yammering and often snipe comments on each other, Min Hyuk sat in the kitchen, resting his head on his hand as he listened in to their very loud conversation. He was shy by nature, and he wanted to be able to talk to IU the way Myungsoo did. Excluding the snipe comments, which would be replaced my compliments.

 

Min Hyuk being the way he was, could tell just by the tone of how Myungsoo spoke to her that the feelings he carried for her wasn’t hate, neither a boss-employee feeling. That feeling was unexpected, something that he should not feel.

 

Love.

 

“Guess I can forget about going out with IU afterwards.”

 

In America…

 

“Ms Son, it’s me, secretary Park. May I come in?”

 

“Sure, come on in.”

 

The tall and slim figure got up from her black leather chair and walked over to her mini meeting area, her hips gently swaying from side to side as she walked in a runaway fashion. She offered secretary Park a seat next to her and they got down to business.

 

“As instructed, Ms Son, I did some research as to wear Ms Lee is located. Apparently, she lives in a small apartment. To be exact, “Hana Apartments” located in Taepyeongro. She lives with a young lady about her age,” he slipped out a picture from the brown parcel he had in his hands.

 

“Conduct a background check on her.”

 

“Will do.”

 

In Korea…

 

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t know our jerk of a boss would make me redo all the reports. I was really anticipating our date today. Unfortunately, he is a sadist who builds his happiness upon other people’s sadness! Well if he even knows and experiences what happiness is…” IU sat opposite Min Hyuk and raged after Myungsoo left the two alone.

 

“IU, it’s fine. Work before dates.”

 

“Thank you for understanding, oppa.” IU grabbed onto Min Hyuk’s hands. Through her eyes, he could see genuine appreciation. That alone cheered him up.

 

And so just like that, their mini “vacation” in Korea came to a hectic end, with IU and Min Hyuk unable to go on their little date.

 

IU successfully hauled her luggage to the front door of her apartment. “Ah, home sweet home.” She grabbed her keys and unlocked the door, but was faced up with an empty apartment. Jiyeon was nowhere to be seen, so she assumed Jiyeon was at the grocery store, considering her flight brought forward and Jiyeon wasn’t informed.

 

She set aside her luggage and plopped herself on to the couch, feeling jetlagged.

 

Her eyes roamed around the interior as she breathed in the familiar scent of mahogany, which was used to build almost everything in the apartment.

 

One thing caught her eye. A document that she had never seen, lying there on the coffee table. Being curious like she always was, she picked it up and started reading the title aloud.

 

“Marriage certificate to certify the marriage of Lee Byung Hun and Park Jiyeon, issued 2nd May 2005.”

 

“WHAT?! Jiyeon is married?!”