Chapter 6

Her Small Boy; His Little Girl

Within 2 hours, the swift duo, Min Hyuk and IU managed to interview 5 people already. All of their street fashions differed from checks to crop tops to denim shorts to leather jackets and all sorts of different clothing.

 

“Here, have some water.” Min Hyuk handed IU a bottle of water and took out a pack of tissues. While she drank, he helped her wipe off her sweat. At the same time, she held out a handheld electric fan, sharing the cool air with him.

 

After resting for about 5 minutes, the two got up and set off again.

 

“Oh Min Hyuk look! That’s one unique fashion!” IU ran toward the stranger she spotted and lightly tapped him on his back, getting his attention.

 

“Oh, I have company Jiyeon. Call you later.”

 

The stranger hung up the phone and kept it in his pocket, diverting his attention to the duo.

 

“How may I help you?” IU examined his face, feeling that he looked somewhat familiar. Unfortunately, she couldn’t recall where she had seen him. Oh wells, she was on the job right now, not her personal life.

 

“Hi, we’re from Daesoo Company. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of it before, but anyway we’re doing interviews for street fashion and your fashion really caught our attention. Is it alright if we interview you? If you’re lucky, you might be able to appear on our magazine, hipSTARS Magazine.” IU rushed through her speech, only with the intention of quickly finishing this stupid interview nonsense, going back to the hotel and soaking herself in a warm hot bath where she could relax from her nose to her toes.

 

“Um… Uh… Yea, sure.” The stranger stammered.

 

“If you don’t mind, I’ll begin the interview.” Min Hyuk nodded at IU, who already got ready her pen and notebook to write down all the information she needed.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Lee Byung Hun. But everyone calls me L.Joe.”

 

L.Joe’s heart started beating faster and faster. IU, no, Lee Jieun, his ex, was standing right before him. She may or may not have recovered the past, but nonetheless, he was anxious to get out of this interview. If she recognized him…

 

Flashback

 

“Jiyeon, please, take her in.” L.Joe grabbed Jiyeon’s hand while her eyes were still fixated on the skinny figure lying on her pink couch.

 

“Please…” L.Joe got on his knees. He was desperate.

 

“I have no other choice, do I?” Jiyeon shook off L.Joe’s grasp and headed for the kitchen to pour a cup of water. She needed to simmer down. For Pete’s sake, it was 2 am in the morning, you looked like a wreck.

 

Here comes a knock on the door, Byung Hun carries some skimpy looking girl in and dumps her on your couch. Tells you to take her in, feed her likes she is your own blood-related sister. Oh well, tell me, if you were sane, wouldn’t you find this situation ridiculous?

 

“Thanks dear!” L.Joe embraced Jiyeon.

 

End

 

“Well thanks for your time and cooperation, Mr Lee.” Min Hyuk shook hands with L.Joe before he headed off to his own business.

 

Meanwhile, IU was in her own world. Her brain was throbbing from her forceful way of trying to figure out who he was. The minute he said her name she felt some sort of vibe which spoke to her, telling her this guy, is someone she definitely knows; or once knew.

 

“IU, IU!”

 

Waking her up from her thoughts was Min Hyuk. He stared at her notebook. It was blank. Like literally. The only thing she had written down was “#6”.

 

“What have you been doing?!”

 

“I’m so sorry…”

 

It was getting awfully late. So Min Hyuk, being the gentleman he is, decided to not pursue the matter and let her be. He had no other choice anyway. He was worried that IU wouldn’t have enough time to rush out the reports by 10:59. Knowing his boss, she would suffer if things weren’t done.

 

It was 10:55. IU was still in her room and she hasn’t came down. Worried, Min Hyuk quickly brewed a cup of hot milk tea and brought it upstairs.

 

3 knocks, followed by IU’s hectic gasp. “Come in!”

 

Min Hyuk walked in to see IU already typing out her email with the reports file attached. He smiled. He should’ve had more confidence in her then to doubt her.

 

“Here’s some tea.”

 

“Aww thanks!!”

 

Min Hyuk folded his arms and leaned against the glass table, watching as IU’s delicate fingers picked up the glass of hot tea, sipped it and a big smile took over as her lips began to show some life.

 

“So… tomorrow’s our day off. Shall we go somewhere together?”

 

“Oh sounds fun!! Where do you suggest we go?”

 

“I don’t know, we’ll see. See you tomorrow, IU.”

 

Min Hyuk walked out of the room and placed his hands on his chest.

 

“Did that actually just happen?”

 

hello haha. i've really been trying to update as often as possible so yea. :)

so far the story's developing well (i feel) and yea. everything is in place and i'm quite sure none of you can predict what comes next ;)

oh wells, comment and upvote if you'd like! :D

the more comments, the more inspiration~