Chapter 5

Her Small Boy; His Little Girl

IU woke up, feeling something heavy on her head and a searing pain at the nerve of her neck. She didn’t remember sleeping in such a position before. She shifted a little only to realize it was Min Hyuk who had his head on hers, sleeping like a baby.

 

She didn’t want to wake him up, so she closed her eyes again.

 

Remaining in that position for about who knows? 30 minutes longer, she felt like her head was as light as a feather as Min Hyuk yawned and detached his head from hers, cracking his neck and stretching his back.

 

“Slept well?” he asked, realizing she had already woken up.

 

“Thanks to you, yes.”

 

She gave him a small smile, thankful that he actually let her rest her thousand kilogram head on his shoulder. He didn’t even budge for the whole time, being considerate and most definitely a gentleman. She looked at him through the corner of her eye, smiling to herself. She was more than happy that her boss was so… priceless?

 

Okay. She may not have the best vocabulary. But you get the point.

 

The two walked out of the plane to be greeted by a nice view of Changi Airport, Singapore. It was summer all year round here, so the two decided to have a change in clothing at the nearest washroom so they’d fit in and not sweat their way to meet the boss and Suzy who were already awaiting their arrival at Holiday Inn, one of the hotels in Singapore.

 

Swiftly taking off her crop top and feeling accomplished, she headed out to wait for Min Hyuk.

 

Min Hyuk on the other hand, took quite a while to remove his jeans and long-sleeve top to change into bermudas and a sleeveless top. He also put on sunglasses and a straw hat, classy huh?

 

The minute IU saw him walk out of the toilet, she felt that this guy was one rich kid. But then again, why would he be working in an office taking up such a lowly position? Passion? Or independence? Either way, she found that Min Hyuk was somehow her ideal type and no words can describe how comfortable she is with him.

 

The two left the airport and headed to Holiday Inn to check in.

 

“Boss, I just received a text from Min Hyuk. He says they’ve already arrived and are already on the taxi, on their way over.” Suzy handed her Note II to Myungsoo, revealing the text she had received from Min Hyuk seconds ago.

 

“Great! Tell him we’ll be meeting them at the lounge once they’ve settled their luggage and room.”

 

Knowing IU and Min Hyuk, they swiftly checked in and got everything settled within less than half an hour, which of course, included the ride time.

 

“Are you ready to meet the boss, IU?”

 

“Haha yes. I’m a little nervous, though.” IU let out a small smile. She has always wondered who and how a guy as young as her boss managed to build up such a huge company loved by many. It’s one of the 10 most famous companies in the world!

 

IU fidgeted, she was moments away from meeting the boss.

 

“Oh, there they are!” Min Hyuk waved back at Suzy. She sat opposite a Myungsoo, facing the entrance where she spotted her two colleagues and immediately waved to obtain their attention. Myungsoo, obviously knowing IU was there, didn’t bother turning around.

 

“Boss with an attitude. Eww.” IU shrugged a little before approaching her stuck up boss who had no manners at all.

 

“Mr. Kim, it’s a pleasure to see you again.”

 

“Oh it’s more than just a pleasure, Mr. Lee. And you must be Ms IU.”

 

Myungsoo smirked as he extended his hand, waiting for her to meet eyes with him.

 

“Gasp! The jerk who I bumped into the other day. What a snob.”

 

Remaining calm and collected, IU extended her hand and shook her boss’ hand with the use of a lot of strength. Clenching her teeth and tightening her grasp, she forced a smile and spoke, “Hi. I’m IU, it’s a PLEASURE to meet you.”

 

Suzy, watching how IU reacted, could feel the tension.

 

“Oh why not we all sit down and start discussing?” Suzy tried to raise the atmosphere.

 

And so the group of 4 discussed and discussed, Myungsoo purposely picking on IU at times of course. Nonetheless, IU chose to close one eye and not react to his outrageous, egoistic, rude, crude, jerkish, all that shizz attitude.

 

Finally, after 4 hours of their very detailed and long discussion, everything was settled.

 

“Tomorrow, I’d like to receive 6 different street fashion from 6 different people you meet on the streets and a detailed interview plus report in by 11:59 pm.”

 

“I can feel the stress already.” IU murmured under her breath.

 

“Excuse me? Is there a problem, Ms IU?” Myungsoo smirked once again, thinking she was already admitting defeat.

 

“Oh no, of course not. In fact, I can get everything done before 10:59 pm.”

 

“Sounds like a challenge. Very well. If by 10:59 your reports aren’t in, be prepared for a surprise punishment.”

 

“Deal.”

 

“Jerk face. Be prepared to kiss your goodbye.”