Chapter 3

Her Small Boy; His Little Girl

It’s been 2 hours since IU started her new job, but she merely felt bored since all that she was assigned was to read a gazillion documents that consists of tons of reports done by staff members that have done their part as an international researcher.

 

Though the reports were vivid, some might have elaborated too much and that seriously ticked IU off. She was more than bored; she felt like taking a knife and drawing hearts and stars on her arm with it.

 

“Hey guys, I’m back. And I brought presents!”

 

At the sound of that somewhat familiar voice, IU turned to meet eyes with that polite gentleman she had bumped into 2 days ago --- Lee Min Hyuk.

 

“Oh? It’s you!” Min Hyuk excitedly exclaimed. He literally ran over to IU and examined her. Dressed in a very professional outfit like the rest of the female staff, IU was simply stunning. And to Min Hyuk, she was like Aphrodite, the most beautiful Greek God.

 

“Hello. What a um, pleasant surprise to see you…? What’re you doing here?”

 

“I’m the head of this department!”

 

IU’s eyes widen so big, it almost seemed as though her eyeballs were gonna shoot right out and break off from their sockets. Min Hyuk laughed inwardly, and thought that her expression was really cute. It was the first time he saw a girl behaving this way, and since it brought out her inner beauty, he felt nothing could be more beautiful than this.

 

“Hi, boss! I’m the new trainee here. Is there anything you’d like me to do?” IU didn’t really care what he had installed for her. All she wanted was to run away and escape the torture of reading all these reports. She didn’t opt for this job to sit around and read stuff you know.

 

“Come into my office. I’ll see what I have.”

 

IU looked around the spacious office. Everything was simple; a glass-surface table that sat in the middle of the room had a vase of orchids on it with 6 leather chairs surrounding it. They probably held mini departmental meetings in Min Hyuk’s office, since they probably didn’t own a private meeting room for their use.

 

His desk was made out of mahogany, and behind it was a comfy chair, not made out of leather. Stuck to his walls were rows of shelves, each and every stacked with books and documents. She looked at the labels that were pasted on each shelf, and realized that Min Hyuk was a voracious reader, since he collected so many different kinds of books.

 

Example, he collected the Hardy Boys series, not one book missing. Each book’s pages had already turned yellow, proving how old those books were. He probably had an interest for reading since he was young, which was something that made IU admire about him.

 

“Okay, so, I’ll be leaving for Singapore in 2 days for a look at the Daesoo franchise over there. Apparently there have been signs of bankruptcy and we need to look into it. Would you like to come along? It will be a good learning experience.” Min Hyuk carried his MacBook over to the glass table and turned the laptop to face IU so she could read the information.

 

“It sounds cool! A trainee like me can really go?”

 

“Well, sure, I mean, everyone needs a first right?”

 

“Thank you, sir, for awarding me with this opportunity! I won’t disappoint you!”

 

Min Hyuk chuckled. Although he was an introvert, something about her made him open up a little. Honestly, he couldn’t wait to leave for Singapore. I mean, he’ll be there for 2 weeks with IU, the girl that makes his heart flutter!

 

“For now, you can follow our designer, Suzy, to visit the fabric factory to produce new clothes for our upcoming winter collection.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Min Hyuk escorted IU out and brought her to the desk of Suzy Bae, the international fabric and design researcher.

 

“Suzy, IU. IU, Suzy.”

 

Both girls exchanged their greetings and somehow, they seemed to click very well although they’ve just met each other. Min Hyuk gave instructions efficiently and they were ready to set off. Suzy handed IU a notepad as well as a pen, since Min Hyuk had clearly given instructions that IU was to be Suzy’s secretary for a day.

 

“So, where are we heading to right now?” IU asked as the two got onto Suzy’s hot pink sports car.

 

“Dongdaemun. At night it’s too crowded to go, so we usually go in the afternoons or mornings to retrieve and shop for fabric. There’s a shop that we patron regularly, and the ahjumma there is really friendly, and usually gives us an extra metre but charges us the price for the amount of fabric we ask for.”

 

Throughout the journey, the two chatted happily, and IU felt really excited that she was going to be working with Suzy. She gave off this really happy vibe, and IU couldn’t wait to introduce her to Jiyeon. Something told her that the two will get along really well.

 

“Could you get Lee Min Hyuk to come up, please.” Myungsoo spoke into the beeper.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

After about 5 minutes of waiting, the employee knocked on the door. In walked Min Hyuk, just the guy Myungsoo was looking for.

 

“You were looking for me, sir?”

 

“Yes. I wanted to notify you that I’ll be going along with you to Singapore, but I’ll take an earlier flight. As for who to bring along, that new trainee, U or something, she will come along. She needs the experience eventually.”

 

“I will sir. Anything else?”

 

“No, go back to your post.”

 

“IU, I’ll make sure to make you look bad so the report Min Hyuk submits to me will be good enough for me to insult a country bumpkin like you in the face.”

 

Hey guys :)

So I've been reading all your comments and most of them are about the couplings you guys desire...

I just want to let you guys know that I'm happy you guys are all rooting for the different couples you want, but as the story progresses, IU and Jiyeon as well as Suzy will end up with the person I feel makes most sense for them to end up with.

I'm sorry if this disappoints you guys but yea... I hope you can understand. :/

Oh and special thanks to chachavip for the upvote! :)

Keep the comments coming, but it'll be appreciated if the comments were actually about the story itself, and not the couplings you guys want. :x

Kay love you subbies~ bye :)