Restoring You

Smudged Reflection

At first Sungjong has been a bit hesitant about the whole idea of Sungyeol helping him out. His mind was racing with worries when he had gone to bed that night, after having been almost forced to eat some dinner, he was scared. He still knew Sungyeol didn’t understand the situation, and that he would continue to force him to eat, and get angry when he couldn’t, because to Sungyeol it was just chewing and swallowing and it was as easy as that. But to Sungjong it was a big leap, especially when this wasn’t his fault his mind played this way with him. He also clearly didn’t want his crush to get even more annoyed at him shouting at him because he couldn’t even achieve basic things. Wait-

Sungjong mentally cursed his brain for still considering Sungyeol as a crush, he thought he got over the fact his friend would never like him back ages ago, he’d lost those feelings now.

He let out a deep sigh as he lay in the pull out futon on Sungyeol’s bedroom floor, staring at the inky blackness above, as he chewed his bottom lip with uneasiness. He couldn’t get himself to lull to sleep, his mind racing with the problem, maybe in the morning he’d have another chat with Sungyeol and tell him this wasn’t going to work out, he was still having trouble coming to terms with the whole ordeal anyway.

But when Sun rose, Sungjong let out a groan when he felt a huge weight on top of him. He guessed he must have fallen asleep at some point. So he peered opened his tired eyes only to come face to face with Sungyeol’s dashing grin, a blush started to tint his cheeks at the close proximity.

“Get up, you’re heavy.” Sungjong whined, now trying to shift his body so Sungyeol would move, the other just let out a hearty laugh before jumping up.

“Come on it’s like 11am, I don’t want to waste the whole day in bed.” Sungjong just hummed in response as he brought himself into a sitting position and rubbed at his eyes. To Sungjong sleeping all day sounded like a good idea, seeing as though he barely got any the night before, so he let out a disappointed pout.

“I’m really hungry.” Sungyeol suddenly announced. Then the younger could feel his body immediately going into a state of panic. He was so full right now from last nights forceful stuffing, and the idea food repulsed him, he was afraid Sungyeol would only try and force him to eat more. He could feel his body shaking as worries from the night before were brought back.

“Come here.” Sungyeol’s calm voice broke his inner turmoil, making Sungjong snap his gaze up to him. But Sungyeol just kept looking at him expectantly and so he reluctantly made his way over.

“If you really can’t I’m not going to force you Sungjong, I don’t want to scare you more, we’ll take it at your pace, until you feel comfortable again. But can you at least help me make my own breakfast? Preparing food might help out. You might just want to try a nibble too.” Sungyeol suggested, trying to calm his friend down. 

“Thank you.” Was all Sungjong could utter back; he doubted he’d eat anything but he’d at least help prepare something if Sungyeol was hungry. As the taller opened the wooden door, and exited the room, he quickly turned and gave his friend a bright smile.

“I just wanted to say you did really well yesterday Jong. I’m really proud you opened up to me, and we actually got you to eat some things, even if you did nearly puke about six times, but hey, it’s progress.”

Sungjong lips bloomed into a smile; it felt nice to hear those words of encouragement as he began to follow the other out his bedroom.

As weeks went by, Sungjong felt he got closer to Sungyeol, though he could feel himself opening up more and joking around with everyone, but when it came to just being alone with Sungyeol there was never awkwardness or feeling like he needed to hide himself. They decided to have one on one lunch sessions from time to time, he felt more comfortable eating in front of Sungyeol than a full group. Though still he would only have little portions and sometimes he could only manage a few bites, Sungyeol would always give him encouragements and praise, with the brightest grins, and Sungjong would always unconsciously blush.

 “Hoya pretends, he’s cool, but he’s really not.” They were both sat on a separate table, Sungyeol chatting enthusiastically like usual. “His favourite colour is purple. Purple isn’t a cool colour, there is nothing cool that is purple. He wants a purple car for Christ’s sake. How are you going to pick up ladies when you whip out a purple handbag, then a purple wallet, and then purple money which he uses to pay for their gift." Sungyeol had a deadly serious look on his face as he ranted. 

“What are you even talking about?” Sungjong began to laugh. “Is there any colour you can like that would make you cool? Plus your favourite colour is pink so you have no room to talk.”

“I admit I might not be the coolest.” Sungyeol rolled his eyes, and Sungjong let out another bark of laughter.

“Your laugh is so cute.” Sungyeol muttered.

“What are you saying!?” Sungjong joked, as he continued to giggle, trying to hide his face with his hand. His laugh was anything but cute.

“You should smile more often is what I’m saying.” Sungyeol continued. “You look prettier, it brightens your face.”

“You sound like Woohyun, stop.” Sungjong could feel that familiar heating on his cheeks, that he felt much more often now.

Stupid crushes that don’t go away.

 

Sungjong strolled along with the pavement, with his hands slid deep in his pockets. He was lost in thought, thinking about the fact Sungyeol had started to compliment him a lot more now, even if they were just walking along together down the school corridors he’d just shout out a random, ‘your hair looks great today’ or  ‘Sungjong you’re so smart’ always random mix of things really. He would also coo at pretty smiles the younger would make after his compliment. Sungjong found it all endearing.

“Hey, I need to talk to you when we get home.” Taemin spoke suddenly, making Sungjong give him a questioning glance but he just shrugged. They both turned away and the only sound that was between them was the clipping of their shoes against the path.

As soon as they reached the house, Sungjong followed his brother back to his room, he thought he noticed him being a little fidgety on his way up, truly Sungjong had a sick feeling in his stomach, but he shrugged it off, he assured himself it wasn’t bad.

Once they had made themselves comfortable on the bed, sat across from eachother Sungjong decided to begin. “What is it?” He asked, peering curiously at Taemin, who was tracing his fingers over the soft blue duvet they were seated on.

“Do you think it’s wrong, to like someone of the same gender?

Sungjong was a little taken about by the question, but of course, he didn’t agree that it was wrong, considering he was attracted to men himself.

“If you like someone, then it shouldn’t matter.” He answered finally.

“Then what would you say, if I w-was... gay?” Taemin suddenly uttered, staring directly at Sungjong. His eyes widened in shock. He hadn’t really considered this, it took him a while to process the news.

Taemin didn’t seem to like this reaction though, and tears instantly started spilling from his eyes, he cast his face downwards to mask his expression. 

“Taemin-”

“Don’t.” His brother cut him off, “Just don’t alright. I know you’re probably sickened." 

“No Taemin, it’s okay.” Sungjong took a deep sigh. “It’s okay, because I like a guy too.” he admitted, trying to reach his hand over to his twin brother. “Didn’t I just say, if you like someone it shouldn’t matter.”

But Taemin’s interest was had piped up by the first point. “Wait, you like someone?” he repeated, wiping away at his stray tears. “Actually, I’m crushing on someone too.”

Suddenly Sungjong was curious. “Oh, oh? Who, come on you got to tell me now! Which class is he in?”

“I’m not telling.” He pulled a tongue in response, which only made Sungjong pout disappointedly.

“Oh, I can easily guess your crush anyway. Is it Sungyeol?” Taemin waved it off like it was nothing and if Sungjong had been drinking something, he’d of surely spat it out right there.

“W-what, how- I mean, n-no!” Sungjong tried to recover himself but Taemin was laughing at him manically, almost rolling about on the bed now, as Sungjong made flustered excuses. “I don’t even know what you’re talking about.”

“It’s pretty obvious. It’s been since forever. I thought you actually were dating; you’re always eating lunch together, alone.”

“There is nothing romantic about eating lunch together in a school hall full of screaming students.”

“What I’m trying to say is, you probably have a chance. You should really go for it.” Taemin finished, shuffling closer to his brother, so he could wrap his arms around the other. “It’s okay Jong I’ll be here for you.”

Though he was a little taken aback at first, and even though they weren’t much of the hugging type, Sungjong quickly adjusted. “Me too Min.” Sungjong mumbled while closing his own skinny arms around his brother, closing his eyes peacefully at the sweet comfort the hug gave him. 

 


A/N: heeellllo!! here's the updatee, I hope you enjoyed it !! 

the next chapter which I'm writing out now is turning out to be really long, I might split it into two, but we'll see ^^ I'm trying to get it all written before I start college next week oh nooo :c 

I'm currently watching sungyeol ft hoya's y back live ahhh ;~; *drools all over screen*

but yes comments and feedback are much loves *kisses you all*

-Sydney