Cold or Awkward?

The day I turned 16, my matoki bunnies turned alive.

"Hyung. Are they awkward or cold?" Zelo asked the one year older Jongup as he snesed the silence between the usually close  Youngjae and Hyojin.

Himchan looked up furtively, stealing glances at Youngjaw who did not look too happy. Like soulmates, Yongguk did the same but to Hyojin. Daehyun just ate as if he did not know what happened. But the truth is he sort of guessed the expression Youngjae had on his face,"Jokomato is bad in lying. And he is probaby upset with Hyojin."

Daehyun was right. Hyojin was munching slowly and could see her sometimes glancing at Youngjae as if she feared him.

Jongup innocently said,"Hyojin. Are you two awkward or cold?"

Zelo literally facepalmed and Himchan in a sharp breath. As for Yongguk he quickly ducked into his food. Only Daehyun bravely looked up. Youngjae was not giving much response , pretending to be okay but frowned slightly.

Hyojin had her words stuck again.

"cold." she muttered. And sighed. The last person she needed to anger is Youngjae. Daehyun realised Youngjae's face harden. There was not the case for Youngjae, Daehyun smartly noted. Youngjae just felt awkward. Daehyun chuckled to everyone's surprise.

"yah. Yoo Youngjae, did you... " he said but his mouth was soon stuffed with food from Youngjae.

"Jung Daehyun!" Daehyun munched while nodding. As if he would not say on.

"We just have a sort of argument. We would be okay. By tomorrow." Youngjae stated. Everyone did not dare to say anything.


"Urm... do you know how to write an apology letter?" Hyojin asked Yongguk who was the only one in the kitchen washing the dishes with her.

Yongguk lifted his eyebrows slightly,"Urm... I am not good at this. But I can help."

Yongguk grinned when Hyojin looked happy. "Youngjae is close with... Daehyun?"

Yongguk nodded, "They are made in a pair for a reason."

Hyojin nodded. Sehun. Her mind suddenly thought of it. And she felt guilty. She made the two distant because of Sehun. Yongguk sensed her momentary silence,"Do you want to know us more?"

Hyojin nodded. She did want to. Yongguk smiled,"Ask me any questions?"

"Is Jongup gullible?" she asked, earning a gummy smile from Yongguk.

Yongguk smiled,"Not really. He is just innocent and quite cute."

Hyojin nodded. There was this very evident awkwardness between Hyojin and Yongguk.Himchan was always playful and Jongup always made her feel warm while Zelo's shyness got her act like a cool noona. As for Daehyun, she always avoided him. Yongguk had this hidden protective layer around her but the lack of communication made her and Yongguk a bit awkward. She felt she was in front of a teacher.

Hyojin proceeded,"Are you the first one to be made?"

Yongguk paused,"I think so."

He put on a perplexed look," I wonder why did you say you wanted someone like your father?"

"I did?" Hyojin recalled but she did not really remember a lot. Yongguk looked down, silently cursing, "So she didn't want someone like a father..."

"But it is good to have someone like a father." Hyojin said, smiling,"I adored my father."

Yongguk looked up tunable to hide the gummy smile. Hyojin was just focusing on the plates and drew in a deep breath,"Is youngjae angry at me?"

Yongguk heard it and laughed,"I don't know what happened to you two but it seemed like Youngjae looked more embarassed than angry. Just that he was more of angry at himself?"

Hyojin looked at Yongguk,"Really? You knew them really well!"

Yongguk rubbed the back of his head,"No. Actually it was Daehyun who told me."

Hyojin tried not to let out a sigh.Daehyun and Youngjae, she felt indebted. Yongguk titled his head a bit,"Maybe you like to ask Daehyun to help you.He is close to Youngjae."

Hyojin nodded,"Thank you. Yongguk, you really feels like my dad."

Yongguk smiled gently,"Oh yes. Thanks princess."

Then  Hyojin giggled.


Hyojin waited for a chance to drag Daehyun out to the convenience store. Youngjae did not volunteer to go with her like he usually would, he looked away as if he had not heard it. Daehyun obliged but that was not before he asked if he could have some cheesecake nearby.

"Urm. Daehyun?" Hyojin said as Daehyun walked beside her. Daehyun wearing a mask, looked at her,"yes?"

Hyojin gulped. "Urm...."

Daehyun was perplexed. Hyojin smiled bitterly at her bad communication skills. "Do you all need clothes, new clothes?"

Daehyun looked straight and commented,"The men's basic t-shirts are alright. The jeans are okay too. Since we are lacking of money, we shall really cut down costs."

"Oh. "Hyojin stated, glad that he knew her plight well. 

"You want to ask me about Youngjae?" Daehyun smiled, knowing she been wanting to ask for his help. Hyojin nodded earnestly and her eyes sparkled. Daehyun was exceptionally happy to find finally relxaing in front of him. Daehyun smiled,"Youngjae is embarassed."

"Yongguk oppa told me that too."

Daehyun nodded,"He did some kind of confession?"

Hyojin tilted her head in confusion,"What confession? "

Daehyun gulped. Youngjae should not been embarassed. He did not know what to say no more. Until Hyojin suddenly went, "Ahh, for hating my crush?"

Daehyun frowned. He hated the fact he resembled her crush. Hyojin found that frown on his face and went quiet.

"Youngjae is going to be okay by tomorrow, he meant it." Daehyun said, not even trying to hide his disgust at the mention of her crush and Hyojin sensed it. Hyojin said awkwardly,"Do you and Youngjae hated Sehun that much?"

"I can tell you I do n;t know about others but me and yOungjae, quite a lot of hatred here and there." Hyojin gulped at his straightforwardness.

"i see." the words she managed. 

The silence continued as they walked into the convenience store, the exact one she worked in earlier today. She greeted her boss and the boss nodded, smiling. It was not long that she spotted...

Andra. She was standing there, looking around. With a slight tug on Daehyun's sleeves unknowingly, she began dragging Daehyun out of the convenience store. Daehyun just obliged and they finally settled at the park. 

"She is Sehun's girlfriend, right?" Daehyun stated and Hyojin looked away.

"Yes." she had to admit her one word sounded harsh as if there was a despise in the tone. Daehyun rolled his eyes,"Hey, stop treating me like sehun, seriously."

She was shocked at Daehyun's tone. She turned to face Daehyun who looked somehow hurt,

"Shall I tell you how me and Youngjae felt?"Daehyun said with a tinge of pain in his heart. Hyojin froze.

"Sehun is supposedly a past tense. And we are supposed to be your present tense. The difference you treated Sehun and me. Although we are alike, you treated me as if I would hurt you and while the one thatt really hurts you get away with it. So what am I? You treated me liek a real robot , don't you?" Daehyun said, his chest rising and falling in great pace and Hyojin could sense how much he been hiding this in his heart. They had been together for a few weeks and her coldness hurt him a lot.

And it was really her fault. Daehyun looked down,"And youngjae, he been telling me to be patient. I always thought youngjae wouldn't understand since you two are close. But it seems like he been taking it hard in his heart today. If you... are going to apologise, tell us you would forget sEHUN AND PUT IT to action. Please. "

She saw Daehyun shivered and his voice sounded a bit husky like he is holding back some tears. She walked towards Daehyun and suddenly, she lfited Daehyun's head. And then she saw him ,looking all hurt and then Daehyun muttered to her,"The last thing we all want to know is that the one we love the most treats us like robots."

Hyojin felt a pang of giilt and sadness crept to her. She reached out her last finger and said,"Daehyun, I promise. To forget Sehun."

Daehyun looked straight at her,"Really?"

"Yes." Hyojin thought she was looking at Sehun for a while, but then as her vision went clear, she smiled and said," Is Daehyun. You are whole lot different from Sehun. A lot."

"Let go for cheesecake." Daehyun said. 

She chuckled,"Okay."

Daehyun became a child. And then she smiled.

Daehyun won't hurt me. Youngjae won't hurt me. Everyone won't hurt me. So I had to stop hurting myself too.

And the moment she stepped back into the convenience store, she knew what to say to Andra...


Thanks! I am truly happy that there are two new subbies. And thanks for the comment! It really did me energy! The story is proceeding a bit slow but bear with me, there would be a big blow in school and I would love it that you all comment more! Thanks.

If you find it worth a read so far, Subscribe^^