Giving a helping hand.

Our Fate

“If she was still alive?” Sehun asks and Taeyeon nods her head. He lets out a heavy sigh and glances down at his hands, “It would be great to know that she is still alive but,” he flips his hands around and stares at the ring on his engagement finger, “I’m not sure if I can go back to her since I am an engaged man now.”

 

“I see,” Taeyeon whispered and looks up, “but it’s ridiculous right Sehun?”

 

“What’s ridiculous?” he asked. Taeyeon let out a chuckle and stood up from the bench, “To think that a dead person can still be living,” she said, walking forward a bit then slightly turns around to face him, “it’s absurd.”

 

Sehun chuckles and glances up at the night sky, “Yeah I guess so,” he breathed out, “but it would be nice to see her again, just once.”

 

Taeyeon gave Sehun a few seconds stare before glancing up at the sky as well, “Maybe if fate is nice enough she’ll show up in front of you again,” she said.

 

“You think so?” Sehun asked, “but then she’s already dead.”

 

“Oh yes I forgot,” Taeyeon laughed and glanced back at Sehun, “but maybe in your dreams.”

 

Sehun let out another chuckle and took in a deep breath, “Yes, in my dreams at least.” Taeyeon stayed silent and rocked and back and forth on her heels, “We should get going before the others awakes and notices that we’re both missing,” she suggested, making her way back to the car.

 

“Go on ahead to the car, I just want to sit here for little more,” Sehun told her. Taeyeon nodded and headed back to the car by herself. Once she reaches the car, she leans against it and glances at Sehun’s figure, “Not sure if you can come back to me huh,” she murmurs and reaches for her necklace hidden underneath her shirt. She fishes it out and glances down at the pendant, “maybe it’s best I don’t ever tell you the truth oppa, because if I do, I will only ruin your future with Yoona-ssi,” she sighs and glances back at Sehun who was making his way towards her. Taeyeon quickly stuffs her necklace back into her shirt and straightened her posture, “Ready?” she asked.

 

Sehun glances up and nods, “Yeah, ready.”

 

---

 

“Coming!!” Tiffany shouted from the hallway as she quickly ran to open the door, “oh…hello you’re finally home,” she greeted Taeyeon who was standing before her. Taeyeon gave the younger one a good morning smile and walked in, “Who sent you home?” Tiffany asked, closing the door behind her. Taeyeon kicked off her shoes and dragged her feet into the living room then plopped down on the sofa, “I’m tired and exhausted,” she complained, lying down on the sofa.

 

“How come?” Tiffany asked, moving Taeyeon’s feet so that she can sit down as well. Taeyeon placed her left arm over her forehead and sighed, “I didn’t get any sleep at all whatsoever,” she answers, closing her eyes.

 

“How come?”

 

“Because I was up all night that’s how come,” Taeyeon said.

 

“How come?” Tiffany asked once more. Taeyeon groaned and kicked the younger one on the thigh, “Ow! Unnie that hurts,” Tiffany complained.

 

“Good because it was supposed to,” Taeyeon said with a satisfied smile on her face, “you ask too much questions.”

 

Tiffany pouted and crossed her arms across her chest, “But I was only asking how come.”

 

“Exactly, that’s too much questions,” Taeyeon pointed out, “leave me alone, I have to go to work in 3 hours and I need my sleep,” she mutters before flipping onto her side. Tiffany stuck her tongue out at Taeyeon and got up from the sofa, “Fine, you’re just going to miss out on my breakfast then.”

 

“Mmmm,” Taeyeon hums, ignoring Tiffany who stuck her tongue out at the older one again before leaving her alone to rest.

 

---

 

“Welcome to Kwon’s Café, how may I help you today?” the lady from behind the counter asks Sehun.

 

“Mm…,” Sehun ponders and glances up at the menus, “I would like…,” he sticks out the tip of his tongue and bites on it, “I would like…”

 

Just then Taeyeon comes walking out and gasps as she sees Sehun standing there glancing up at the menus, “,” she quietly cursed and unpinned her name tag from her shirt. She slips the name tag into her apron’s pockets and made her way out to the floor to clean up the mess some customers left. As she brushes pass Sehun, he notices her presence and reaches out to grab her wrist, “Hayeon,” he calls.

 

Taeyeon glances up from the ground and gives Sehun a smile, “N…nice seeing you here Sehun,” she said nervously.

 

“Hayeon?” The girl from behind the counter says, “but it’s…”

 

“Ah how wonderful it is to see you here Sehun,” Taeyeon cut off the girl loudly and pointed at their specials for the day, “if you can’t choose what you like on our menus, you can always try out our specials today,” she suggested.

 

Sehun squints his eyes and leans in closer to get a better look at their specials, “Black Tie,” he read the large hand writing, “what is that?” he asked.

 

“It’s a traditional Thai iced tea which is a spicy and sweet mixture of chilled black tea, orange blossom water, star anise, crushed tamarind, sugar and condensed milk or cream, with a double shot of espresso,” Taeyeon answers, “if you order our Black Tie beverage, you also get a lemon iced pound cake for free as well.”

 

“Hm…this sounds tempting,” Sehun pondered and rubbed his chin, “but I like the deal so I’ll get this instead,” he told the lady behind the counter.

 

“Coming right up sir,” the lady punches into the register and rings up his order, “what’s your name sir?”

 

“Sehun, Oh Sehun,” Sehun answers and she wrote it down on a piece of paper.

 

“Alright Sehun-ssi, your order will be right up, just go ahead and wait at one of our tables please,” she instructed before getting down to work.

 

“So, what are you doing here?” Taeyeon asks as she walked with Sehun to the empty table, Sehun took a seat and clasped his hands together, “No special reasons, I was just near by and thought that I’ll pay you a visit,” he explained. Taeyeon nodded her head and pulled out the cloth from her pocket, “Well enjoy your time waiting for your order Sehun while I clean up this mess.”

 

“Hayeon,” he calls.

 

“Hm?” Taeyeon hums while wiping down the dirty crumbed table.

 

“When are you off from work?” he asks.

 

“Late,” Taeyeon answers, “and don’t you have to go home and spend it with Yoona-ssi?” she asks him.

 

“What time is late?” Sehun asks, totally igorning Taeyeon’s question.

 

“Late as in late when the café closes,” she answers and stops wiping the table, “I don’t’ want Yoona-ssi to get the wrong impression on me, thinking that I’m out to fetch her fiancé when she finds out that her fiancé was out late with a girl he barely met,” she explained. Sehun gives out a chuckle and leans back into his chair, “Don’t worry, Yoona isn’t that kind of girl and plus, who said that I’m trying to cheat on Yoona with you? You are a friend after all and I’m sure Yoona knows that about you.”

 

Taeyeon gave Sehun a weird stare before going back to her work, “So tell me Hayeon, what time does this café closes?” he asks again.

 

“I’m not telling you,” Taeyeon answers and walks to the next dirty table.

 

“Oh come on Hayeon,” he pesters.

 

“Not telling you,” Taeyeon repeats herself.

 

“Fine,” Sehun gave up and glances through the window, “it’s always pretty after it rains is what she used to tell me all the time.”

 

Taeyeon stops wiping and stares at the table in front of her, “I would always chuckle at her how she’ll take in a deep breath of the after rain, she told me that it was her favorite smell,” Sehun says mindlessly.

 

“Why do you still talk about her when you already have Yoona?” she asks and goes back to wiping.

 

“I don’t know, I’m not sure why either but what I do know is that when Yoona isn’t around, I go back to think of her, it’s like she never leaves my mind, as if she never really passed away,” Sehun answers and glances at Taeyeon’s back, “don’t you think it’s funny how they were able to find Taeyeon’s parents bodies but couldn’t find hers in that fire?” he asks.

 

Taeyeon stops wiping immediately, “What are you trying to say?” she asks without facing him.

 

“What I’m trying to say is, yes I do believe that she passed away but somehow something deep down inside of me is telling me that she is still living but then I brushed that off long time ago until you asked me that question earlier today when we were at the park,” he explained. Taeyeon chuckles and turns to face Sehun, “I’m sure you’re just over thinking it Sehun,” she says.

 

“I don’t know,” he replies with a sigh.

 

“Oh Sehun,” the lady from behind the counter calls for him.

 

“Ah my order,” Sehun said and walks up to get his order. The lady gave him a bow and thank you before turning back around to clean up her mess, “Excuse me,” he calls.

 

“Yes?” she asks, spinning around to face him again.

 

“What time does this café closes?” he asks.

 

“9pm sir,” she answers.

 

“Thank you,” Sehun tells her before going back to his seat. He walks back to his table and took a seat, “Watching you clean like this makes me want to hire you as one of my maids,” he says mindlessly. Taeyeon stops cleaning and frowns at Sehun, “Thank you but no thank you,” she tells him before going back to cleaning. Sehun chuckles and takes a sip from his drink, “It’s a nice offer Hayeon,” he explained.

 

“No it’s okay, I love my job here,” Taeyeon said without caring to look up at him. Sehun gave Taeyeon a shrug of his shoulders and places his cup back down, “Suit yourself then,” he told her before picking up the piece of lemon iced pound cake and took a bite out of it. For the rest of the time, Sehun sat there watching Taeyeon clean and watching do her job while he finished his drink and cake. After finishing, he leaves a tip for Taeyeon beside his finished cup of Black Tie beverage and leaves the café without saying bye to her. Taeyeon glances up from the cashier and pouts as she watches Sehun leave the café, “Could have at least said bye,” she murmurs sadly before going back to her job.

 

---

 

“Alright bye Taeyeon,” her coworker said as she opened the door. Taeyeon glances up from the cashier and waves at her, “Bye Luna, see you tomorrow morning,” she said back. Luna gave Taeyeon a wave before leaving the café and leaving Taeyeon to be in there alone. Taeyeon closes the money machine and walks towards the door to lock it and just as she was about to, a loud crashing sound came from the other side. Taeyeon screams and jumps back as she sees Sehun standing there with a smile on his face. He opens the door and walks in while Taeyeon calmed herself down from freight, “Oh Sehun!” she screams and smacks him on the arm. Sehun laughs and closes the door behind him, “Sorry did I scare you?” he asked.

 

Taeyeon took in deep breaths before smacking him once more, “Yes you bastard,” she answers, “and what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be home with Yoona-ssi?” she asks.

 

“Yes but not really?” he answers.

 

“What kind of stupid answer is that?” she asks.

 

“Good question but I don’t have an answer to it,” he answers and laughs. Taeyeon glares at Sehun and smacks him on the arm for the third time, “You need to leave, we’ve already closed the café.”

 

“I know,” Sehun said.

 

“So then leave,” Taeyeon told him.

 

“Didn’t I tell you that we’ll hang out after you get out of work?” He asks.

 

“No,” Taeyeon answers.

 

“Okay I tried to imply that earlier today but I guess you didn’t get it but since now you do, hurry and clean so that we can go hang out,” Sehun explained. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and locked the door and shut the blinds one by one, “You can wait here all you want but I have a lot of cleaning to do, you’re just wasting your time you know that?”

 

Sehun rolled up his sleeves and placed his hands on his hip, “Well then I’ll help,” he said.

 

Taeyeon scoffed and walks to the money machine, “As if a rich boy like you can clean, you might just end up giving me more mess to clean so no,” she replied.

 

“Are you challenging me Kim Hayeon?” he asks.

 

“And what if I am?”

 

“In that case, I’ll prove you wrong, give me song thing do,” Sehun said, puffing out his chest. Taeyeon snickers and grabs the mop, “Mop,” she shoves the mop into Sehun’s hands and goes back to the money machine.

 

“Mopping is what I shall do then,” Sehun replies and got down to mopping.

 

Taeyeon smiles and chuckles a bit as she watches Sehun go from one end of the room to the other while concentrating hard on mopping, “Still the same as ever,” she murmurs quietly to herself before spinning around to clean up the mess behind her. After Sehun was done mopping, he places the mop back into the bucket of water and wipes away the sweat on his face, “What’s next?” he asks. Taeyeon grabs a rag and a spray bottle and made her way over to Sehun, “Spray down all the tables and chairs and wipe it up,” she explained, shoving the two things into his arms. Sehun lets out an ompf, “Yes ma’am,” he salutes Taeyeon and gets down to work which caused Taeyeon to chuckle, “what’s so funny?” Sehun asked, spraying the table.

 

“You’re determined to prove me wrong aren’t you?” she asked.

 

“Once I say something I’ll do it,” Sehun answers and stops wiping then faces her, “that’s one thing you’ll learn about me Hayeon,” he said and then gets back to work.

 

I already know that about you, Taeyeon thought before retreating back to the counter. After another good hour of instructing what Sehun needed to do, the both of them finally finished cleaning the café, “Oh my gosh,” Sehun groaned and fell onto one of the chairs, “that was tiring.”

 

Taeyeon walks up to Sehun with a cold glass of water and hands it to him, “That’s what you call hard work Oh Sehun,” she said as he takes the cup from her.

 

“Thanks,” Sehun breathes out and gulps down the whole cup of water, “ah~ that’s refreshing,” he places the empty cup on the table and wipes his mouth from the excess water. Taeyeon took a seat beside Sehun and glances around the room, “You did a good job Sehun, maybe you should work for me instead of me working for you,” she joked. Sehun laughs and glances around the room as well, “Nah I still think you working for me is better,” he teased. Taeyeon laughs and stands up from the chair, “Never,” she replies and grabs his cup from the table then made her way to the kitchen. Sehun watches as Taeyeon walked away from him but was interrupted by his phone vibrating in his pocket. He fetches his phone out and glances down at the id calling him…

 

Lim Yoona

 

Sehun quickly silences his phone and stuffs it back into his pocket, ignoring the non-stop vibrating that was emitting from his phone.

----------------------------

Oh Sehun you bad fiance!!! Why did you ignore Yoona's phone call?!!! LOL. Comment below~