Familiar place.

Our Fate

“Taeyeon-ssi,” Yoona calls and walked into the room that Seohyun and Taeyeon were in, “what happened?’ she asked, handing Seohyun the first aid kit.

 

“Thanks,” Seohyun takes the kit from Yoona and placed it down beside her then opened the box. She takes out some cooling gel and uncaps it, “yeah Hayeon, what happened?”

 

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip and watched Seohyun apply the gel on her burnt spot gently, “I guess I didn’t have a strong grip on the cup,” she replied and flinches a bit.

 

“Sorry,” Seohyun apologized, “there you go, we don’t want to put on a bandage because it’ll kill off the oxygen that the burnt spot needs,” she explained. Taeyeon nodded her head and retreated her hand away from Seohyun who was cleaning up the mess, “You should be more careful next time,” Yoona said and took a seat beside Taeyeon, “good thing the hot chocolate had cooled down a bit before it spilled on you, if not, it would have been much worse than this,” she picked up Taeyeon’s injured hand and examined it, “although, this was the first time I’ve seen Sehun reacts so quickly towards someone out of this house,” she mutters.

 

“I’m sure it was because I’m Luhan’s friend that’s all,” Taeyeon laughed nervously and Yoona shook her head, “No, not even with Luhan’s other friends,” she places Taeyeon’s hand back down on her lap and smiles at her, “are you tired?”

 

“A little,” Taeyeon answers. Yoona nodded her head and stood up from the sofa, “I’m sure Seohyun is tired as well, I’ll have her tidy up her room so that the both of you can sleep together,” she said and walked up to Seohyun.

 

---

 

Luhan eyes Sehun as the older one paces back and forth while glancing at the staircase once in a while, “Hyung,” he calls with a smile on his face. Sehun stops pacing and faces the younger one, “What?” he asks.

 

“This is interesting isn’t it?” Luhan asks instead of answering.

 

“What’s so interesting?”

 

“You.”

 

“Me?” Sehun pointed a finger to himself and Luhan nodded, “what’s so interesting about me?”

 

“I’ve never seen you react that fast towards someone out of this house,” Luhan pointed out, “it was as if…”

 

“It’s nothing,” Sehun interrupts him, “I was just worried that’s all since,” he sticks out his tongue and swipes it across his dried lips, “iaskedhertobemyfriendtoo,” he quietly and quickly said.

 

“You what? I didn’t get the last part hyung,” Luhan calls out, sitting up from the sofa.

 

“Nothing,” Sehun replies back and began to pace back and forth again.

 

“I should go check up on her,” Luhan suggested and stood up from the sofa.

 

“Wait, I’ll go with you,” Sehun says, following Luhan to the staircase and just when they got there, Yoona came descending down the stairs, “Yoona.”

 

Yoona looks up to see her fiancé and Luhan standing at the bottom of the stairs, “She’s fine,” she tells the boys, “she’s going to bed in a bit with Seohyun so don’t worry too much.”

 

“How’s her injury?” Luhan asked.

 

“Not bad,” Yoona answers, “it would have been worse if the drink was still very hot but it wasn’t,” she walks down the rest of the stairs and gives Sehun a hug, “I’m tired, lets go to bed too.”

 

Sehun wraps his arms around Yoona and nods, “Okay,” the two both told Luhan good night before heading up the stairs themselves.

 

---

 

“Can I just call you unnie?” Seohyun asks as she hopped into bed with Taeyeon. Taeyeon gave the younger one a smile and nods, “Sure,” she answers. Seohyun gets under the blanket and lies there staring at the ceiling, “Unnie,” she began.

 

“Hm?” Taeyeon hums.

 

“I just wanted to thank you again for that one time,” she says and turns her head to the side so that she was facing Taeyeon, “if you weren’t there, I’m sure I’ll get humiliated by those girls.” Taeyeon locks her phone and places it down beside her, “That wasn’t the first time they bullied you like that?” she asked, sticking her hand under the pillow. Seohyun shook her head and heaved out a sigh, “Luhan oppa and his group of friends are admired by many girls on that campus and apparently I’m dating one of them.”

 

“What was his name again? I heard the girls mentioning his name but I forgot,” Taeyeon asks.

 

“Suho, Kim Suho,” Seohyun answers.

 

“Doesn’t he come from a really rich family?”

 

Seohyun nods, “Yeah, that’s how Suho oppa and I met,” she replies with a smile, “but…”

 

“You shouldn’t care what other girls say about your relationship with Suho-ssi,” Taeyeon piped in, “because Suho-ssi loves you and you love him, I’m sure those girls are acting on pure jealousy.”

 

Seohyun exhaled heavily and nodded, “I guess you’re right unnie,” she says with a smile then yawns. Taeyeon chuckles and flips back onto her back, “Seems like someone is sleepy, I think it’s about time we go to sleep yeah?”

 

Seohyun gives out a heartily laugh and nods, “Yeah,” she answers then shut her eyes. As Seohyun slept soundly, Taeyeon was still up with her eyes open. She fixated her gaze on the ceiling and thought about what happened hours ago, “Sehun,” she whispered and brought her injured hand up to look at it, “this is bad, I should get out while I still can,” Taeyeon swings her legs over the side of the bed and grabs her phone. She unlocks her phone and texted Tiffany.

 

From: Taeyeon

Message: I can’t do this Tiff, I just can’t. I’m coming home so make sure you’re still up when I get there.

 

Taeyeon harshly grips onto her phone and quietly made her way towards the door of Seohyun’s room. Just as she was about to open the door, her phone vibrated in her hands.

 

From: Tiffany

Message: Don’t back out now unnie, this is fate, fate is telling you to get back with Sehun and tell him the whole truth about what happened. Are you going to let him marry another girl and allow her to replace your spot?

 

Taeyeon frowned and replied back.

 

From: Taeyeon

Message: Didn’t I tell you that I wanted to put it all in the past? I knew this was a bad idea, I’m coming home and that’s final.

 

She hits the sent button and locked her phone again. Taeyeon lets out a breath and turns to glance at the sleeping Seohyun before placing her hand on the door knob and softly opened it. She softly stepped out of the room and closed the door as quietly as she could.

 

“Hayeon?” came a voice behind her. Taeyeon jumped from freight and spun around quickly to face the person, “Sehun?” she calls out, “what are you doing here?”

 

“I should be asking you that,” Sehun says, walking up to Taeyeon, “what are you still doing up? It’s 2am in the morning.”

 

“I…I wanted to get some fresh air,” Taeyeon lies, “I couldn’t sleep since this isn’t home for me.”

 

“I see,” Sehun said while nodding his head, “is there a way I can make it feel like home for you?” he asked. Taeyeon shook her head and gave him a smile, “That’s okay Sehun-ssi, just let me get some fresh air and then I’ll head back to bed,” she then spun around and headed towards the stairs but was stopped by Sehun’s hold on her right elbow, “hm?” Taeyeon hums and looks back.

 

“I’ll go with you,” Sehun says, letting go of her and walk ahead. Taeyeon opens to protest but gave up as she watches Sehun round the corner of the hall and disappeared, “This isn’t how it’s supposed to be,” she grumbled and followed Sehun. As she made her way down the stairs, Sehun was at the bottom of the steps waiting for her, “Ready?” he asked once she was beside him.

 

“Where are we going?” she asked, as she watched Sehun slip on his shoes.

 

“Somewhere, “he answers, “come on, put on your shoes.”


Taeyeon gave Sehun a weird glance and hesitated to do what she was told. Sehun chuckles and grabs her shoes for her, “Don’t worry I won’t kidnap you and if I wanted to, I wouldn’t be taking you out like this since you’re already in my confines,” he said and handed her the shoes. Taeyeon slowly grabs her shoes from Sehun and slips them on, “Okay,” she said softly.

 

“Great,” Sehun grabs Taeyeon’s hand which took her by surprise and dragged her towards the door. The both of them left the house and headed towards the parking lot, “Where are you taking me Sehun?” Taeyeon asks again. Sehun unlocks his car and opens the passenger side, “Here get in,” he instructed.

 

“But…”

 

“Don’t worry about it, I’m just taking you to a place where I go whenever I have a lot of troubles on my mind,” he explained and slightly shoved Taeyeon towards the car.

 

“Okay okay I’m going,” Taeyeon says and enters the car with Sehun closing the door right after. She sits and watches as Sehun walked around to the driver side and got in, “Buckle your seatbelt,” he said and reached over Taeyeon’s body to grab the seatbelt and buckled her in, “I wouldn’t want you to be flying out of the car now,” he joked. Taeyeon rolls her eyes and chuckled, “Are you saying that you’re a horrible driver? Should I trust you driving?”

 

Sehun laughed as well and started the car, “You should always trust me Hayeon,” he said and pulled out of the drive way.

 

Taeyeon smiles and glance at the side of Sehun’s face, “Should I?” she asked. Sehun turns to look at Taeyeon and smiles back, “Always.”

 

---

 

Sehun parked his car by the curb and glances to see a sleeping Taeyeon. He smiles softly and unbuckles himself then leans in towards her and stops. Sehun leans there examining all the small little details on Taeyeon’s face, his eyes traveled from the hairline of Taeyeon’s head down to her beautiful clear forehead and then to her full and straight eyebrows. His eyes falls down to Taeyeon’s closed eyelids and took noticed of her long black eyelashes. Just as Sehun was going to go lower down to her small little nose and to her pink kissable lips, Taeyeon stirs in her sleep and slowly open her eyes.

 

“S…Sehun?” she calls out softly once her vision focused onto the person leaning down. Sehun’s eyes widen and he flew backwards to his seat, “Um,” he cleared his throat and glanced outside, “we’re here and I was trying to unbuckle you but then you woke up and…”


Taeyeon unbuckles herself and opens the door then walks out and stretches, “Ah~ this is refreshing,” she breathes out and opened her eyes to see where they were at. The place in front of her got her frozen in her spot as she glanced at the familiar setting. Sehun steps out of the car as well and shut the door behind him before walking over to the park, “Haeyeon,” he calls, “are you coming?”

 

“I…I…yeah,” Taeyeon shut the door behind her and slowly made her way over to Sehun, “why did you bring me here?” she asked.

 

“I told you already, I was bringing you to a place where when I have a lot of things on my mind, I’ll go to,” he re-explained himself, “come on, there’s a special place I like to sit and think about everything that happened in my life,” without thinking twice, Sehun grabbed onto Taeyeon’s hand and lead her to his destination. The both of them silently walked hand in hand towards a certain bench under a familiar tree, “Take a seat,” he instructed and Taeyeon did what she was told. Sehun then sits down beside her and the both of them just sat there not saying anything else.

 

“I used to bring her here,” Sehun began.

 

“Hm?” Taeyeon hums.

 

“The person whom I used to love and maybe still do to this day,” he said softly, “sometimes I sit and wonder how different it would be if I had refused to go over seas with my parents.”

 

Taeyeon stayed quiet as she sat there listening to Sehun talk.

 

“When I got back to Korea and to find out that she passed away in the fire, I was so…lost, confused, sad, depressed, every kind of emotion you can think of that is the opposite of feeling good or happy. I didn’t know what to do because she was the first person I wanted to see when I got back, but to come back and hear that the love of my life passed away…really…”

 

“Sehun,” Taeyeon calls softly and placed a hand on his shoulder, “can I ask you something?’ she asked. Sehun glanced at her and nodded, “What if…you found out that she was still living?” Taeyeon asked and bit her bottom lip.

----------------------