An important matter.

Our Fate

Taeyeon stood in shock as she watches Luhan walk pass her, him not even acknowledging her presence as he walks up to Seohyun, “We were waiting for you but you never showed up,” he said, placing a hand on top of her head. Seohyun gave Luhan a smile, “I was running late that’s all,” she lied and averted her eyes back to Taeyeon, “oppa, this is a new friend I met while coming to meet you guys,” she grabs onto Taeyeon’s hand and yanked her over to her side.

 

“Really?” Luhan asked, eyeing Taeyeon up and down and then stuck his hand out to her, “I’m Luhan, you are?”

 

“Uh…,” Taeyeon opened to introduce her name but stopped. Luhan cocked up an eyebrow and tilted his head slightly to the side, “Kim…Kim Hayeon,” she said and grabbed onto Luhan’s hand to shake.

 

“Well it’s nice to meet you Kim Hayeon,” Luhan replies back and pulls his hand back from Taeyeon’s, “Seohyun, you want to bring your friend along with us to the café?”

 

“Sure,” Seohyun chimed, “want to go with us Hayeon-ssi?” she asked.

 

“Um…I guess,” Taeyeon answers.

 

Seohyun grabs onto Taeyeon’s hand and follows the group of boys out of the building they were in and walked down the stairs to the opening of the university ground towards the café. Luhan turned his head slightly to the side to watch Taeyeon and Seohyun walking together, hand in hand. He smiles before slowing down his pace to walk with the two girls, “So Hayeon-ssi,” he says once he was at Taeyeon’s side which made her feel nervous.

 

“Y…yes?” she asked, not facing Luhan at all.

 

“How did Seohyun meet you?” he asked.

 

“Um…well…”

 

“She helped me find my class oppa,” Seohyun chimed in before Taeyeon got the chance to answer him.

 

“Really? Oppa asked you if you needed help to find your class before you left, how come you didn’t take up the offer?”

 

Seohyun pouted, “Well I thought I will be able to find my class on my own, I’m not a kid oppa,” she said. Luhan laughed and nodded his head, “Of course you’re not Seohyun,” he replies back to her. The group walks up the steps to the café and one of the taller boy held the door open for everyone first before he entered. They made a way over to a bigger table and all took a seat, Taeyeon sat down next to Seohyun while Luhan sat next to Taeyeon.

 

“What do you guys want to eat?” a boy with full lips and huge eyes asked while he glanced over the menu lying in front of him, “I’m feeling like I want to drink just a coffee today,” he mumbled while examining the list. Seohyun leaned into Taeyeon and slightly place her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, “What do you feel like drinking Hayeon?” she asked.

 

“Um,” Taeyeon bit the corner of her bottom lip and did a quick scan, “I don’t feel like I want to eat or drink anything right now, it’s a bit too early for me,” she lied and placed the menu back down on the table.

 

“Here, I’ll order this for you,” Luhan piped in, pointing a finger at a strawberry cheesecake, “their cheesecakes here are delicious.”

 

“But…you don’t have to,” Taeyeon said.

 

“But I want to,” Luhan replied back with a smile, “and I’ll get you a drink as well,” he stood up from his chair but was stopped as Taeyeon quickly grabbed his left wrist, “hm?” he glanced down to see Taeyeon holding onto him. Realizing what she just did, Taeyeon gasped and quickly let go of Luhan’s wrist, “I…I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude,” she apologized with her head down. Luhan chuckled and ruffled the top of her hair before sitting back down and bent a bit lower so that he was able to see Taeyeon’s face, “It’s okay,” he told her, “I wanted to buy you things to eat and drink so don’t feel bad.”

 

Taeyeon slowly glanced up at Luhan and then averted her eyes back down at her hands, “You can call me Luhan oppa like what Seohyun calls me,” Luhan chuckled and patted her head, “I’ll be back,” and with that he took off. Seohyun watches Luhan walk off before rubbing Taeyeon’s back, “Don’t worry, oppa is really nice and that’s how he shows his gratitude to people who helps me out.”

 

Taeyeon lifted her head and spun around to face Seohyun, “How do you know Luhan-ssi?” she asked.

 

“Oppa? Well oppa is the younger brother to my unnie’s fiancé Oh Sehun,” she answers, “oppa is very nice.”

 

“H…how long have you two known each other?”

 

“For about 2-3 years now when Sehun oppa and unnie met,” she replies. Taeyeon heaved out a sigh and faces forward, “What’s the matter Hayeon?” Seohyun asked and rubbed her Taeyeon’s back again, “are you not feeling well?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and stood up, grabbing her bag and hooked it over her right shoulder, “I have to get going,” she said.

 

“Wait,” Seohyun stood up and stopped Taeyeon before she got the chance to walk away, “but Luhan oppa isn’t back with your things yet,” she said.

 

“Just tell him to eat it, I have to go meet up with my friend,” Taeyeon said before unlatching her wrist from Seohyun’s grasps and speed walked out from the place with Seohyun calling after her. Luhan heard Taeyeon’s name being called and spun around to see her walking out of the café. He quickly pays for the things and orders for it to go instead. The person behind the counter placed the cheesecake into a box and pour the drink into a ‘to go’ cup and handed him the things. Luhan grabbed it and quickly rushed out after Taeyeon, “Hayeon!” he shouted as he spotted Taeyeon a few feet away from him, “Hayeon!”

 

Taeyeon spun her head to the side to see Luhan running up to her. She heaved out a sigh and stopped in her tracks to face him, “Why did you leave?” he asked.

 

“I have to go meet up with my friend,” Taeyeon answers.

 

“So you didn’t come to school alone?” he asked and Taeyeon shook her head, “why don’t I company you then,” he suggested.

 

“It’s okay, you might want to go back to your group of friends Luhan-ssi,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Hey I told you to call me oppa,” Luhan chuckled and handed her the things in his hands, “here, drink it before it gets cold.”

 

Taeyeon eyes the cup in his hand and shook her head, “I don’t want it,” she said.

 

“Oh come on, I already bought it for you, if you don’t take it you’ll make me feel bad,” he said with a pout. Taeyeon eyed Luhan for awhile before giving in and taking the things from his hands, “Thank you Luhan-ss…oppa,” she said with a bow. Luhan chuckled and closed the gap in between them, “So, how about I company you to meet your friend?” he asked again.

 

“You don’t have to,” Taeyeon said.

 

“But I want to,” Luhan replies back. Taeyeon heaved out a sigh and rolled her eyes, “You’re quite persistent aren’t you?” she asked and Luhan laughed and shook his head.

 

“Not really,” he answers, “but somehow to you I want to be,” he placed an arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders, “come on, lets go get a bench and let you finish that before we go meet up with your friend,” he suggested and lead Taeyeon to a bench under a nearby tree.

 

---

 

 “Sehun,” Daehyun called out, knocking him out of his dream world.

 

“Huh? What?” he asked, blinking his eyes a few times. Daehyun chuckled and walked up to his boss, “I was calling your name like 10 times,” he stopped in front of Sehun’s desk and placed his hands behind his back, “thinking about Yoona-ssi?” he teasingly asked. Sehun chuckled and shook his head, “No,” he replies, getting up from his slouching sitting position, “I was just…thinking that’s all, I guess I got lost in my thoughts for a moment there.”

 

“I can tell,” Daehyun said, “what were you thinking about?”

 

“Just…things,” Sehun replies and opens the top drawer to his desk and stopped once he saw an old photo of him and Taeyeon when they were young. Daehyun eyed his boss and waited for him to say something but didn’t, “Are you okay Sehun-ssi?” he asked. Sehun picks up the frame and caressed Taeyeon’s photo, “Daehyun,” he called out softly.

 

“Yes sir?”

 

“What do I have in 10 minutes from now?” he asked, not caring to give his secretary a glance while he spoke.

 

“A meeting with Star Enterprise about their sponsorship with you sir,” Daehyun answers.

 

Sehun finally averted his eyes from the photo to Daehyun, “Reschedule that meeting to tomorrow or next week,” he said, placing the photo back into the drawer and standing up from his seat.

 

“But why sir?” Daehyun asked.

 

“I have an important matter to take care of right now,” he said, grabbing his suit and swinging it around his torso.

 

“But sir, where are you going? Are you going home to Yoona-ssi?” Daehyun asked again. Sehun shook his head and grabbed his keys from the key hanger on his desk, “More important than that,” he fixed his suit before walking up to Daehyun, “I have to go visit an old friend,” he said before giving Daehyun a pat on the shoulder and leaving the room.

 

---

 

“Well why don’t you drop off lunch to his place?” a girl with short blonde hair asked while sitting on the kitchen counter, “I mean, what’s wrong with that if he’s busy at work?”

 

Yoona sighed and turned off the stove, “You think it’s okay Sunny?” she asked. Sunny smiled goofily and jumped off the counter, “When was anything isn’t okay Yoona?” she asked, “come on I’ll go with you to Sehun’s work place.”

 

Yoona gave Sunny a smile and a nod of her head, “Okay.” She walked over to a cupboard and pulls out some plastic container and packed up Sehun’s lunch for him. After packing things here and there, Yoona placed all the plastic containers into a box and faced Sunny, “Let’s go,” she said. Both girls left Yoona’s place and hopped into Sunny’s car. Sunny drove the both of them to Sehun’s work place and parked in the front of the building and walked up the steps to the lady at he front desk, “Hi Yoona,” the lady greeted Yoona with a smile and bow, “are you here to see Sehun-ssi?’ she asked and Yoona nods, “let me get Daehyun, give me a just a moment,” she picked up the phone and dialed Daehyun’s desk numer, “Daehyun-ssi, is Sehun-ssi in right now? Yoona is here to see him…what? What was that? He left?” she glanced up at Yoona who had a worried look on her face after hearing that, “ah..okay…yeah I’ll tell her, thank you,” she placed the receiver back down, “well…apparently, Sehun-ssi said that he had an important matter to take care of so he took off,” she explained.

 

Yoona smiled, “Thank you,” she bowed to the lady before taking back off outside with Sunny, “I wonder where he went,” she pouted.

 

“Why don’t you give him a call,” Sunny suggested. Yoona sighed and pulls out her phone and dialed Sehun’s number.

 

---

 

Sehun swerved his car to the right lane and glanced down as he felt his phone vibrating. He picked up his phone to check who was calling and saw Yoona’s photo on the screen. Letting out a sigh, he pressed the decline button and placed his phone back down, “Sorry Yoona,” he mumbled and stepped on the gas pedal, “but when it comes to Taeyeon and I, I can’t let anyone interfere.”

 

After driving for another hour, Sehun was now in Jeonju, Taeyeon’s home town. He pulls up into the cementary parking place and pulls out the bouquet of Taeyeon’s favorite flower and made his way over to where her grave should be at. He squat down and placed it on top of Mrs. Kim’s grave stone, “I’m here again Taeyeon,” he mumbled, “how are you?” Sehun dust off a few leaves from the grave and smiled sadly, “I miss you every single day Taeyeon even if you’re not here by my side now,” he shut his eyes and let his tears fall. 

-------------------------------