Rain

Our Fate

“I didn’t know you worked here,” Luhan said while walking up to Taeyeon. Taeyeon gave him a nervous smile and laugh, “Hah…well now you do ha ha, give me a minute,” she quickly slipped into the back and unpins her name tag off of her shirt and slips it into her apron pocket. Taeyeon placed a hand over her heart to calm it down from pounding and took in deep breaths before stepping out to Luhan, “So um,” she clears before placing both of her hands on the counter, “what brings you here today Luhan oppa?”

 

“What brings me here today?” Luhan asked with a chuckle, “I usually come here.”

 

“You do?” Taeyeon asked with an eyebrow raised, “how come I never see you?” Luhan gave her a shrug of his shoulders, “Maybe that’s because I come in when you’re not working or maybe it’s because it’s fate that brought me here today this morning,” he said, “I usually don’t come in on Saturdays and only come in on Sundays.”

 

“Ah if you come in on Sundays then that explains why we never meet,” Taeyeon chimes in, “I don’t work on Sundays.”

 

“Go figures,” Luhan stated, “anyways, are we still hanging out later on today? I sent you a text but you never replied back,” he leant forward on the counter and waited for Taeyeon to reply back.

 

“Oh that well,” Taeyeon clears again, “I well…”

 

The door to the café opens and the bells jingle, “Luhan,” a very familiar voice calls from behind Luhan.  Luhan spins around after his name was called and Taeyeon tilted her head slightly to the side to see who was calling for him. Once her eyes landed on the person who was standing by the door, dropped, “Hyung,” Luhan called and walked over to him.

 

“Did you get the drinks like I ordered?” Sehun asked.

 

“Not yet but come here hyung,” Luhan drags Sehun over to Taeyeon who quickly glanced down at her hands instead of facing him, “hyung this is my new friend I met over at school the other day,” he said. Sehun tilts his head down a bit to get a better look at Taeyeon’s face, “Um…she isn’t looking at us,” he said.

 

Luhan spins around and laughs, “What are you doing? We’re up here not down there.” Taeyeon bit her bottom lip and slowly glanced up, her eyes locking with Sehun’s, “G…good morning,” she greeted him.

 

“You…,”

 

“Hyung her name is Kim Hayeon,” Luhan pipes in.

 

“Ah…H…Hayeon,” Sehun stutters before giving Taeyeon a bow, “good morning to you too,” he then turns to Luhan once more, “hurry with the drinks, we have to be there in 20 minutes,” and with that Sehun left Luhan alone in the café once more. He steps out into the cool fresh air of Seoul and took in a deep breath, “Hayeon…Kim Hayeon…,” Sehun glances down at his shoes, “why do you remind me of Taeyeon so much?” he whispers to himself.

 

“When are you out of work?” Luhan asked as Taeyeon prepared their coffee for them.

 

“5pm,” Taeyeon answers, picking up the coffee pot and poured the liquid into the cup.

 

“Perfect, I’ll be here to pick you up at 5 then,” Luhan stated. Taeyeon caps both of the cups and spins around to hand them to Luhan, “What are you planning?” she asked.

 

“Well, what would you like to do?”

 

“Mm…, I’m not sure,” Taeyeon stated and rung up his bill for him. Luhan pulls out his wallet and paid for both of the drinks, “I’ll take you out for dinner then and then we can go biking along Han River or something,” he said. Taeyeon gave back Luhan’s change and smiled, “Sure,” she replies back.

 

“Alright then it’s settled, I’ll see you at 5 Hayeon,” he grabs both of the cup from the counter and waved at Taeyeon before leaving. Luhan walks out from the café and enters Sehun’s car, “Here,” he hands the cup over to Sehun who grabs it.

 

“Say Luhan,” Sehun began, sipping from the slit of the cap.

 

“What’s up?” Luhan asked, blowing away the steam from the cup.

 

“About your friend Hayeon, doesn’t she kind of remind you of…”

 

“Taeyeon?” Luhan asked, cutting Sehun off who gave him a nod, “yeah she does,” he said with a chuckle, “but hyung remember, Taeyeon passed away in that fire incident.” Sehun sighs and placed the cup of coffee in the cup holder, “Yeah you’re right,” he softly said before starting the ignition of his car, “but…do you think?”

 

“Hyung,” Luhan calls, “can we not talk about this? Can’t you just look towards the future and not look into the past? I mean, what are you going to get if you keep on sticking yourself into the past? I thought you wanted to start anew with Yoona?” he asked. Sehun shifted his gears and took off from the store without answering Luhan.

 

---

 

“You’re going to leave me at 5pm?” Tiffany asked, pouting at Taeyeon while she used the end of the broomstick to lean on. Taeyeon chuckles at Tiffany and wipes down the empty tables, “Yeah, I’m off at that time anyways.”

 

“Yeah but you usually stay back,” Tiffany complained, “and then now all of a sudden you’re leaving me all alone here? Did something come up?” she asked then smiled, “something like…Luhan coming here?’

 

“Shut up Tiffany,” Taeyeon replied back and turned her back on the younger one.

 

“So it was fate~” Tiffany sang while chasing after Taeyeon, “see I told you unnie, it’s fate, fate’s bringing you back to Sehun.” And just as Tiffany mentioned that name, Taeyeon froze in her spot not moving, “Unnie?” she calls, peeking at the side of Taeyeon, “what’s the matter?”

 

“N…nothing,” Taeyeon said, snapping herself out from her trance, “anyways I have to get going because it’s almost 5,” she unties her apron and hung it on the rack before disappearing to the back. Tiffany watches as Taeyeon disappears before going back to her job and just as she was about to work again, the door opens, “Welcome to Kwon Café,” she greeted with a bow and looked up.

 

“Is Hayeon here?” Luhan asked with a smile.

 

“Hayeon? Ha…Oh yeah, hold up,” Tiffany quickly ran around the counter and into the back, “unnie, Luhan is here,” she whispered. Taeyeon grabs her bag and headed out towards the kitchen, “Thank you,” she said before disappearing again.  She walks out to the eating area to see Luhan waiting for her at one of the table, “Luhan oppa,” she calls, walking over to him. Luhan looks up and smiles, “Did I make you wait long?” she asked and he shook his head.

 

“I just got here,” he answers, “lets go?”

 

Taeyeon nodded and followed Luhan out of the café to his car. He opens the passenger side for her to enter before going to the driver side, “I um…” Taeyeon began and glance down at her clothes, “sorry I didn’t bring another outfit to switch into.”

 

Luhan chuckles and shook his head, “No need to, how about I take you shopping?” he asked. Taeyeon quickly shook her head, “It’s okay I mean…you don’t have to.”

 

“But I want to,” Luhan replies with a smile, “don’t worry, I’ll pay for the outfit,” and with that he pulls away from the café.

 

---

 

Sehun unlocks the front door to the house and enters. He slips off his shoes and slips on a pair of house slippers and hangs his coat on the coat racket, “Welcome home Sehun-ssi,” a maid greets him as she takes his work suitcase from him. Sehun glances around the living area before him and stood still for a moment, “Where is everyone?” he asked.

 

“Yoona-ssi and Seohyun-ssi had to go back home for the weekend for a family meeting and Luhan-ssi went out with a friend,” she answers, “dinner is ready by the way, would you like some?”

 

“Yes please,” Sehun said before disappearing into the living room. He walks up to the window and glances outside with his hands in his pockets, “It seems like it’s going to rain,” he mumbles to himself.

 

---

 

“Ah~” Taeyeon stretches her limbs, “thanks for dinner oppa,” she said and patted her full stomach. Luhan chuckles at Taeyeon’s action and nods, “No problem, next time you’re treating the both of us,” he said and pointed to the both of them. Taeyeon nods, “Okay.”

 

“Promise,” Luhan stuck his pinky out to her, “just in case you turn back on your words.”

 

Taeyeon chuckles and intertwines her pinky with Luhan’s, “Promise,” she pulls her pink out from Luhan’s and glances up at the sky, “it seems like it’s going rain,” she said. Luhan too looks up and squints, “You think so? I think it’s just cloudy,” he added.

 

“I,” just as Taeyeon opens to speak, rain drops starts falling down, “ah! It’s raining!” she screams.

 

“Let’s head back to my car,” Luhan shouted and the both of them ran back to the car. The both of them hops into Luhan’s car and watches as the rain came pouring down, “You jinxed it,” Luhan said while laughing. Taeyeon laughs and spun to look at Luhan, “No I’m just a genius that’s all.”

 

“Right,” Luhan rolled his eyes and leaned back, “man…it’s pouring really hard.”

 

“Yeah,” Taeyeon mumbles and glances outside, “how am I going to get home now?” she softly asked herself. Luhan glances at Taeyeon, “My place is near by, I can take you there and let you stay there until the rain stops, if you don’t mind,” he asks.

 

“The rain isn’t going to give up anytime soon isn’t it?” she asked.

 

“Doesn’t seem like it,” Luhan answers. Taeyeon heaved out a sigh and glances down at her phone, “I guess we can do what you said.”

 

“Perfect, I’ll just call my maids to get a room ready for you,” Luhan said before pulling out his phone to make calls.

 

---

 

“Hurry hurry!” Luhan shouted as the both of them ran up the steps to his house. Once they reached the door and away from the rain, the both of them glance up at each other and laughs, “You’re all wet,” he said, wiping away the rain drops from Taeyeon’s forehead. Taeyeon chuckles and pulls away, “Hurry I’m cold and wet,” she complained. Luhan nodded and unlocked the door, “We’re home!” he shouted loudly as he took off his wet shoes, “just take your shoes off right there,” he instructed.

 

“Luhan-ssi,” a maid calls, running over to them with towels, “here, dry up before you get a cold.” Luhan grabs one of the towel and drapes it over Taeyeon’s head, “You dry up before you catch a cold,” he said and helps dry Taeyeon’s hair.

 

“Luhan, what’s going on?” Sehun asks as he descended down from the stairs.

 

“Oh hyung,” Luhan calls and retreats his hands from Taeyeon’s head. Taeyeon pulls the towel down from her head and glances up to where Sehun was standing at, “Sorry for intruding,” she said with a bow. Sehun shook his head and walked down the rest of the stairs, “You’re wet,” he said as he stopped in front of Taeyeon. He grabs the end of the towel and helped dry off Taeyeon’s hair, “Go grab her some dry clothes,” he ordered the maids, “and Luhan go take a shower.”

 

“Yes hyung,” Luhan saluted Sehun before running off upstairs.

 

“I…I got it,” Taeyeon said and places her hands on top of her head which they landed on top of Sehun’s hands instead. Taeyeon gasped and pulls her hands away quickly, “I’m sorry,” she apologizes.

 

“Here you go,” the maid handed Taeyeon a pair of dry clothes.

 

“Go take a shower, and dry up,” Sehun instructed, “show her to the shower and then prepare a room for her.” The maid gives Sehun a nod before leading Taeyeon up the stairs. 

------------------------------------------------------

They finally met....lol