If it's fate...

Our Fate

“Okay, I’ll come pick you up at your class, bye,” Taeyeon said into the phone before hanging up. She stuffs her phone back into her hand bag and turns around to face Luhan, “Thanks for company me while waiting for my friend, you can go back now,” she said. Luhan gave Taeyeon a smile and sticks out his palm. Taeyeon eyes his palm and then up at him with a confused expression, “Did you need something?” she asked.

 

“Let me see your phone,” Luhan ordered.

 

“Why?” she asked again.

 

“Just let me see it,” Luhan ordered again. Sighing, Taeyeon stuffs her hand into her hand bag and pulls out her phone then places it on Luhan’s palm. He takes the phone and quickly dials his phone number onto Taeyeon’s phone then pressed the green button. His phone goes off behind his pocket, “Why are you calling your phone? Did you lose it or something?’ Taeyeon asked, watching as Luhan pulls out his phone and then ending the call on Taeyeon’s phone. Luhan saves his phone number in Taeyeon’s phone then hands it back to her, “No I didn’t lose it,” he said, “I just wanted to switch phone numbers that’s all,” he added with a smile.

 

Taeyeon gave Luhan a weird stare before taking her phone back from Luhan and staring at it, “But why?’ she asked.

 

“Just because,” Luhan said, sticking his phone back into his back pocket, “be prepared to receive a lot of text messages from me,” he joked. Taeyeon sticks her phone back into her hand bag, “Don’t bother me too much though because I do work and I won’t be able to reply back to you while I’m at work,” she said.

 

“That’s okay, I’ll wait for your text messages then,” he said with a smile. Taeyeon nodded slightly before bowing to Luhan, “Anyways, I need to get going now so…I guess I’ll see you around then,” she said before turning her back on Luhan and leaving him there. She made her way around the school campus until she stopped by the Music and Arts building and waited for Tiffany to come out. While waiting, Taeyeon walks over to a bench and took a seat instead of standing around to wait and just as she sat down her phone started to vibrate. She fetches for her phone in her hand bag to check who was messaging her, “Already?” she mumbled and proceed on to read the message from Luhan.

 

From: Luhan

Message: Message one, sending you the first text message :D

 

Taeyeon chuckles at Luhan’s message and quickly replies back to him.

 

From: Taeyeon

Message: I feel honor Luhan oppa.

 

Taeyeon hits the send button and glanced up to check if Tiffany was coming out yet and not within seconds her phone goes off again.

 

From: Luhan

Message: You’re a dork. Lol. We should hang out sometimes, how about…this weekend? Movies?

 

Taeyeon bit her bottom corner of her lip and quickly replied back.

 

From: Taeyeon

Message: I have work this Saturday and plus I don’t get off until 8pm since that’s when my work place close. Maybe another time.

 

“Boo!”

 

“Ah!” Taeyeon jumps from freight and quickly spun around, “Tiffany!” she shouted and smacked the younger on the shoulder. Tiffany cackled at Taeyeon and yanks her phone out of her hand, “Oooo who is this Luhan you’re texting hm? And since when did you start texting men without me knowing?” she teasingly asked. Taeyeon stood up from the bench and reached out to take her phone back from Tiffany but failed to, “Oh he replied back,” Tiffany pressed the envelope button and scanned the messages, “he wants to go on a date with you unnie,” she said with a smug look. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and sat back down on the bench, “It’s not a date Tiffany and anyways I work this Saturday remember?”

 

“Right,” Tiffany said while sticking her tongue out at the corner of her lips, “there,” she hands back the phone to Taeyeon. Taeyeon grabs the phone and glances down at the screen, “Tiffany!” she gasped loudly and shot up from the bench, “why did you tell him that?!”

 

Tiffany gave Taeyeon a shrug and leaned against the bench, “I just think it’ll be a good thing you go out once in awhile, I mean you can’t always stick your head in work and school only,” she said, “and besides, you should start dating again although I know you’ve told me that Sehun means a lot to you and…”

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea,” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Luhan…Luhan is Sehun’s younger brother,” Taeyeon answers and Tiffany gasped loudly.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

Taeyeon shrugs, “I don’t know but, I don’t need to get closer to Luhan since he’ll only lead me to Sehun.”

 

“Wait wait wait just a moment,” Tiffany said quickly and walked around the bench, “if Luhan is Sehun’s brother, does that mean that he knows you’re Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “No, I lied to him that my name was Hayeon.”

 

“Why?!” Tiffany shouted.

 

“Because,” Taeyeon puffed out a sigh of frustration, “I’ve told you before, Sehun already has a fiancé and plus he thinks I’m dead from the incident that happened years ago and also…,” she bit the bottom of her lip and sniffled, “I want to forget everything that happened in the past,” Taeyeon said and took a seat, clenching her phone tightly in her hands. Tiffany sighs and took a seat beside Taeyeon, “You can’t be blaming yourself for what happened years ago,” she said and squeezed Taeyeon’s hands.

 

“But…if I didn’t tell my father that then…it would have never happened,” Taeyeon said with her lips quivering. Tiffany sighs and pulls Taeyeon into a hug and patted her back, “Just think it this way unnie, I know you want to forget the past but remember that the past is now a memory engraved in your brain so no matter how much you want to forget it, it won’t go away, same thing with Sehun. I know you want to forget him but at the same time I can tell that you still long to see him again, touch him, be next to him and such…,” she pulls away from Taeyeon and cups the older ones’ face into her hands, “even if this may be risky but…if I was you and in your position, I would risk anything to see my lover again…I mean what are the chances that he’ll recognize you anyways when to him he thinks that you’re dead.”

 

Taeyeon sighs and looks away, “I don’t know Tiffany, that sounds kind of…dangerous.”

 

“Or,” Tiffany tugs onto Taeyeon’s face so that the older one is eyeing her again, “maybe it’s fate.”

 

“Fate?”

 

Tiffany nods her head, “Yeah fate, maybe this is fate’s doing, maybe you were meant to meet Luhan here at school again and be with Sehun one more time.”

 

Taeyeon chuckles and removes Tiffany’s hands away from her face, “Tiffany, have you gone nuts?”

 

“I’m not unnie and I’m serious. This Saturday you’ll be going to the movies with Luhan and you will be a part of Sehun’s life again through a different person’s name you got that?”

 

“But I don’t want to,” Taeyeon protested, “I love my life as it is right now.”

 

Tiffany scoffed and rolls her eyes, “Right, crying and mumbling every night for the past 2 months about Sehun is a perfect way to live your life. Just face it unnie, this is fate’s doing.”

 

Taeyeon sighs, “If it’s really fate’s doing, when Saturday comes Luhan will somehow find me,” she mumbles. Tiffany chuckles and slaps Taeyeon on the arm, “Don’t jinx it unnie,” she said teasingly.

 

“Shut up Tiffany, you know well that those things never happen,” she laughs and hooks an arm with Tiffany, “lets go home.”

 

---

 

Yoona places the last rinsed plate onto the dish rack and dries off her hands. She then walks over to the dining table and stares at the covered plates of food sitting there, “Sehun,” she sighs out and glances at the clock hanging on the wall, “where are you?”

 

“Hyung isn’t back yet?” Luhan asked from behind her. Yoona spins around and shakes her head, “No,” she answers him and walks away into the living room. Luhan lets out a frustrated sigh and decides to call Sehun once more. Just as he places the phone against his ear, there was a rattle of keys at the door. The door unlocks and someone stumbles into the house drunk, “Hyung,” Luhan calls out, ending the phone call and sticks his phone back into his pants pocket. He made his way over to Sehun to help the older one to balance on his feet, “Sehun,” Yoona calls out as she sees her fiancé drunk by the door entrance.

 

“Did you drink again hyung?” Luhan asked. Sehun glanced at Luhan and pushed him away to stand on his own two feet, “I don’t need help,” he slurs out before stumbling back against the wall, “I’m…I’m perfectly fine.”

 

“Sehun,” Yoona runs over to Sehun. Sehun glances at Yoona and squinted his eyes then looks away, “I’m…I’m going to bed,” he says before stumbling his way up the stairs to his room. Yoona runs after him to make sure he made his way safely to his room. As she reaches the second story, she hears a door being slammed shut down the hallway. She walks over to the closed door and opens it and peeks inside to see her fiancé lying on the bed struggling with his tie. Yoona sighs, opens the door and walks in to help Sehun with his tie, “Here let me help you,” she says softly and untie the tie off of him. Sehun lets out a sigh as she s the top three buttons to his shirt, “I’m sorry,” Sehun says softly after Yoona had gotten off the bed to hang his tie.

 

Yoona’s shoulders drop and she walks back over to him, “It’s okay,” she replies back and takes a seat beside Sehun, “I know what day today is, I’m sorry for bothering you,” she reaches over and swipes away a few strands of hair that was in Sehun’s face. Sehun exhales, “I just want to be left alone today,” he mumbles. Yoona gave him an understanding nod before exiting his room, “I’m sorry for hyung’s actions tonight noona,” Luhan said while leaning against the wall. Yoona gave the younger boy a smile and a shook of her head, “I understand Luhan, today is a very important day to him.”

 

“Yeah,” Luhan says softly before retreating to his room.

 

---

 

“Taeyeon wake up,” Tiffany calls out while shaking the older ones’ body, “wake up you sleepy head.”

 

Taeyeon mumbled some incoherent words before pulling the blanket over her head, “I said wake up!” Tiffany shouted and stood up to jump on the bed, “wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” she shouted repeatedly. Taeyeon groaned and sat up bed to kick Tiffany off, “Gosh dang it I hear you Miyoung!” she shouted. Tiffany laughed and stood up from the floor, “You know what day it is today?” she asked.

 

Taeyeon grumbled and scratched her head, “Saturday,” she said then yawned, “another work day for me.”

 

“Um, no, today is your date with Luhan so get up and get dress,” Tiffany said, pulling Taeyeon out of the bed.

 

“No I don’t want to go on a date with Luhan, I just want to go to work,” Taeyeon argued and yanked her wrist out of Tiffany’s grasps.

 

“So how are you going to see Sehun again if you’re going to be like this?” Tiffany asked and puffed out her cheeks.

 

“Like I told you earlier this week, if it’s fate then Luhan will somehow find me today now get out of my room so that I can change and go to work,” Taeyeon demanded and pointed a finger towards the door. Tiffany huffed and then left Taeyeon alone to get change for work.

 

---

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, you’re here early today,” an elderly lady says behind the counter. Taeyeon gave the lady a bow with a smile, “Good morning Mrs. Kwon,” she greeted her and walked behind the counter to put away her things, “Yuri isn’t working early today?’ she asked.

 

“No, Yuri wanted mornings off on Saturday and Sunday, you know how my daughter is,” Mrs. Kwon said with a chuckle before disappearing into the back. Taeyeon grabbed her apron from the wall and draped it around her body. She spun around to start the coffee beans when the door to the café opens and the bells jingle which caused Taeyeon to spin around to greet the first customer of the day, “Good morning, welcome to Kwon Café, how may I help you today,” she said with a smile which quickly disappeared when she saw who was standing before her.

 

“Hayeon?” Luhan called.

 

Taeyeon gasped loudly and covered her name tag, “Lu…Luhan oppa…”

------------------------

*GASP* Did Taeyeon get caught?