-Chapter 7-

Here's the thing...

Four members of Infinite walked into Sweet Kitty, all wearing disguises. Dongwoo kept his trend of crazy prints, L wore all black, Woohyun kept the nerdy type fashion, leaving Sunggyu with airport fashion.

“Welcome to Sweet Kitty, can I help you?” Eun Sun said, showcasing her smile.

 

“She’s so cute!” Dongwoo exclaimed while twisting back and forth. The other three lightly coughed and casually looked at the cats roaming around. A gray tabby suddenly greeted L and a Japanese bobtail named Lee Minho, went to Woohyun. Eun Sun smiled and scribbled a message on her notepad.

 

Don’t you find it suspicious to bring four of Infinite here?

 

“We just want to visit. We missed you.” Sunggyu said defensively.

 

“Eun Sun, you can show Oppa to his seat!” Dongwoo cackled as he took Eun Sun’s hand and lightly jogged in place. Eun Sun started to turn red from embarrassment and set Dongwoo in the corner closest to the counter. L silently smiled, bowed, and took his chair. Sunggyu followed suit, but Woohyun took off his glasses and stared into her eyes. He still didn’t understand how he couldn’t read her mind and needed to get to the bottom of this.

 

“Eun Sun, can we talk for a moment?”

 

“Sure. “ Eun Sun said with a smile and the two went outside. The other three members looked in confusion but let it go when they saw two cats playing their own version of Keep Away.

 

“I have to ask you something important, so please be honest with me.” Woohyun said as he leaned against a wall of the shop for support.

 

“Is everything okay Woohyun?”

 

“I need to know, did anything unique happen in your past? Something that might cause an unnatural event to happen to you?”

 

“No…did that happen to you?” Eun Sun asked.

 

“No, no, nothing like that at all! I just was curious…”

 

“Ah, it’s cold out here.” Eun Sun said as the wind blew and her light sweater got blown off. She turned to pick it up and Woohyun saw the scar on her shoulder blade. His eyes widened. He saw an “x” and it was a fairly decent size. Nobody could have gotten that from an accident because it was too perfectly shaped.

 

“Eun Sun, what happened to your shoulder?” Woohyun asked.

 

“Oh, that?” She said, putting her sweater on quickly, “It’s just a scar from when I was younger.”

“Did it hurt?”

 

“…I appreciate your concern, but I’d rather not talk about it.” Eun Sun then politely bowed to Woohyun and went inside. Woohyun looked through the glass and noticed that the other members were all excited to talk to her and asked her about what he had said to her. He didn’t think he needed to read their minds to know that she was probably lying. This was the first time he had been able to figure out something about her.

 

Walking back inside, Woohyun noticed that the other members were all staring at him. He sat down quietly for a few minutes before he finally looked up into L’s eyes.

 

What did she and Woohyun really talk about? She seemed in disarray a little bit.

 

Woohyun looked down as if he just wanted to not be stared at before getting up and rushing to the back. He threw the door open to find Eun Sun sitting down and crying. Much to his dismay, Jong Suk was there, his arms around her and gently rubbing her back. Jong Suk looked up and glared at Woohyun as if he wanted to kill him, but he said nothing.

 

“T-Take me away…” Eun Sun mumbled through her tears.

 

“Don’t worry alright? You can stay with me tonight. I’m going to let Owner Su Ah know and I’ll be right back, I promise.” Jong Suk said softly. When Eun Sun nodded, he stood up and motioned for Woohyun to go back inside. He had Woohyun go in the break room before he had him against the wall, hands on either side of the singer’s head.

 

“You are pushing a very fine line with me. I’m only being nice for Eun Sun, so I’ll leave you with a warning. Stay out of our past, got it? What happened is not something either of us wants to remember. I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe. That includes keeping her new ‘buddies’ away from her.” Jong Suk said with a snarl.

 

“Jong Suk, I didn’t know and you know that. At least let me go apologize to her.”

 

“That sounds like a good idea.” Jong Suk said as he backed away and left the room. Woohyun let out a deep sigh and went back outside. Eun Sun lifted her head, still sniffling.

 

“Oh, Woohyun, it’s you.”

 

“Eun Sun, I am so sorry. I didn’t know…I wouldn’t have pushed for an answer if I had known it was something serious.”

 

“It’s fine, Woohyun. You didn’t know…”

 

“Okay, you’ve apologized, now leave.” Jong Suk said as he entered the scene. Woohyun nodded and went back inside. s seemed to have been updated because Owner Su Ah patted L gently on the shoulder as they all looked confused.

 

“Woohyun, what did you do? We thought Eun Sun was just going back to get something and now she’s not working today.” Sunggyu asked.

“She’s just not feeling well.” Woohyun said softly as he avoided there gazes. He didn’t need to be bombarded with all their questions in his head.

 

“Are you not feeling well either, Woohyun?” Dongwoo asked as he placed a hand on ’s shoulder.

 

“Not really, I’m going to head back. I’ll see you guys later.” Woohyun said as he stood up and walked out of the store.

-----------------------------------

                Jong Suk led Eun Sun to his car and buckled in her seatbelt for her. He felt horrible as he looked at her because of her expression. The normally smart and vibrant lady that he treasured was now the same as a ghost.

 

                “Eun Sun, do you need anything from home?” Jong Suk asked, his thumb over the top of her hand.

 

                “I don’t think so…I’ll just borrow something of yours.” Eun Sun stated.

 

                “You know it’s not going to fit you, but if that’s what you want.” Jong Suk replied and the car took off.

 

                In front of Jong Suk’s place, Eun Sun stared off into space, walking like a machine. Jong Suk stayed behind her and they opened the door and walked in. The door was closed, and it was if the life had come back into Eun Sun as she started crying again and hugging Jong Suk tightly.

 

                “I thought I was over this…but I’m not. Jong Suk, please don’t leave me! Don’t leave me alone!”

 

                “Shhhh, you’re going to be alright, I’m here. Just like yesterday and every day before.” Jong Suk said, gently rubbing her back. Eun Sun continued to cry and was latched onto Jong Suk. He gently moved them over to the couch and she didn’t even think twice about sitting on his lap. She seemed worse than before, and he knew there was one thing he always wanted to try to calm her down. He started singing her favorite song from Heartstrings.

 

                uyeonhido geureoke urin sijak dwaennabwa
 

cheoeumen sarangilgeorago kkumedo mollanneunde geuge sarangiljullya
 

simjangi mak jakkuman dugeundugeun georigo nal bomyeon misoman heureugo
 

ni mamdo moreuge nal saranghage doengeoya….

 

 

Eun Sun stopped and looked up at Jong Suk and he kept singing. He knew that he was making it to sound more like a lullaby, but he was trying his best. When he finished,  Eun Sun laid her head against his chest and closed her eyes.

 

“Feel better?” Jong Suk asked as he glanced down at her.

 

“You should sing more often. You’re really good.”

 

“Treasure it because I’m not doing it often.”

 

“I will…” Eun Sun said as she snuggled into him. Jong Suk smiled and gently started petting the top of her head.

 

“Jong Suk?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Don’t be mad at Woohyun. He didn’t know…he was just curious. You probably scared him with Neil.”

“I just gave him a warning…I think if the guy wasn’t around you so much I’d have an easier time.” Jong Suk replied.

 

“Why does it matter if he’s around me? Because you still think he’ll take advantage of me? Or that he’ll take me away from you?”

 

“...Mostly.”

 

“If I didn’t like him, I would know to not be around him. He’s not a bad person and you’ve seen that. He would be acting differently than he is if he were trying to do anything as revenge against you or someone else. So it has to be for some other reason. I won’t make you tell me, but when the time comes that you’re ready, I would hope you would come talk to me. You already do so much for me. I think I’m the one who’s taking advantage of you…”

 

“You’re not taking advantage of me. I wanted to be around to support you. You mean the world to me Eun Sun. I know having Neil around doesn’t always help, but I just want to protect you. I don’t want you crying like this alone. I go to work and interacting with the actresses hurts my heart. It feels as though I’m cheating on you.” Jong Suk said, placing his hands on either side of her head.

 

“Don’t feel like that because it’s your work right? Plus we’re not dating or anything…we’re friends.”

 

“It doesn’t seem as though we’re friends. We hold hands, you sleep over at my house, we sit together like this.”

 

“Friends can be affectionate. It’s being platonic.” Eun Sun countered.

 

“Eun Sun, we can’t be platonic.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because,” Jong Suk said as he put their foreheads together, “I’m in love with you.” Then Jong Suk took her lips with his and kissed her, finally letting 10 years of emotion out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here’s my update! I definitely didn’t see this coming, but something just felt right about it. I hope as always, you guys enjoy! I’ll try and make an update in a few weeks when finals are over!