-Chapter 3-

Here's the thing...

 

  "Eun Sun-ah, could you come here for a moment?" 

 

  "Of course!" Eun Sun replied, finishing up her table and setting aside the dirty dishes by the kitchen sink.  

 

  "This," Owner Su Ah said as she handed a small box over to Eun Sun, "Is for you." 

 

  "Owner Su Ah!" 

 

  "I know that I gave you the day off just to take my daughter out, but I wanted to give you this as my thanks. She really had a nice time and it's officially your 1st year here anyway." Eun Sun smiled and opened the tiny box. Inside was a pair of friendship necklaces. Each was half of a star and its gold color shined brightly. 

 

  "I know that it looks like a couple necklace, but it's just a friendship one. I thought that you and Jong Suk could use something special." 

 

  "Owner Su Ah, this is beautiful! Thank you so much!" Eun Sun then hugged her boss, and suddenly, the bell of the front door rang. Eun Sun quickly moved to the front to greet the guest.  

 

  "Welcome to Sweet Kitty! If you want to order anything, please let me know!" The guest merely nodded and sat down. He wore a black baseball cap, dark sunglasses, as well as jeans and a shirt. In the world of dramas, it meant that he was possibly cold and avoidant of people, but who was she to judge? 

 

Not soon after she was moving to take an order, another guest walked in. His dark brown hair was parted in the middle, sunglasses also covering his eyes, and a chic urban style of clothing. The black vest covering his navy tank was nicely contrasted with his red skinny jeans and short black boots. 

 

"Welcome to Sweet Kitty!" Eun Sun greeted. She then led him to a seat in the corner by a window. Before she decided to turn and leave, she caught his fingers tapping. Usually it was a sign of impatience... 

 

  "I'm ready to order." The other man called out. Eun Sun shuffled her way over and pulled out her tiny notepad. 

 

  "What would you like?" 

 

  "Well, I was told that the next time we met, you would make me an iced coffee." The man replied as he quickly slid his glasses off his nose. Eun Sun smiled and muted her giggle. 

 

  "I didn't expect you to find me this quickly." 

 

  "Well, I can say, it wasn't easy to find you. I went to several coffee shops. Luckily for me, I ran into Mina because she is friends with an actress who played my younger sister once. They're school is not too far from a photography studio I like." 

 

  "So is there any particular iced coffee you'd like?" 

 

  "You agreed to it being perfect, so I'll trust you to pick the right one." L said with a smile.  

 

  "I'll get started on that right away." Eun Sun said, following with a small bow.  

 

  "Miss, I'm ready to order." The other figure who had come in called out. 

 

  "Coming!" Eun Sun drew a line on her notepad and then stood before the other figure. 

 

  "I'll just have a white chocolate mocha." 

 

  "Of course. Anything else I can get for you?" 

 

  "Well, I wouldn't mind being able to hold these hands." The figure said, taking her hand in his. Eun Sun didn't flinch, but drew into a thin line before making a nervous laugh. She occasionally got strangers like this who flirted, but even if they were young it wasn't any less creeper. 

 

  "I'll get started on that order." Eun Sun said, slowly pulling out of his grasp and going back to the kitchen. 

 

  Woohyun mentally cursed when she had left his presence. Both techniques were a failure which meant, he couldn't read her mind. This only made her even more of a curiosity. Did she have powers like him? Did she have something in her genetics? Or was there some higher power protecting her? There were too many questions running through his mind, and in order to find out, he'd have to reveal his secret. As much as he felt the need to investigate her, he wasn't ready just yet to spill his card.  

 

  He looked over at where L was sitting, and though his back was to him, L's body language seemed to indicate that he was having a good time. When Eun Sun came over to him, he immediately straightened his posture and slightly puffed out his chest. L's head was turned to look at Eun Sun, so he got to get some insight on the conversation. 

 

  So her name is Eun Sun? Wow, that's a pretty name. It fits so well with her...what? She knows my mother? I never knew my mother came here...so that's what she means when she's seen me before. I can agree that I do have my mother's eyes. Oh, she's leaving again? Maybe I should order something else? No, it's better not to. I should get going anyway before the other members wonder where I am.

 

  "Sir, are you okay?" Woohyun eyes blinked a few times before looking to his left to see Eun Sun standing there. 

 

  "Of course. Sorry, I was just staring into space for a little bit." 

 

  "It's quite alright. I do that myself sometimes." 

 

  "I'm sorry to ask this of you, but may I ask for your name?" 

 

  "It's Eun Sun." She replied, looking him over for a second, as if she were doing her own investigation. 

 

  "Eun Sun...what a beautiful name." 

 

  "Thank you. My mother gave it to me. Now," Eun Sun sat down and leaned in and used a soft voice, "why don't you tell me why you're following L, Woohyun?" 

 

  "H-How did you know it was me?" 

 

  "I wouldn't know either of you if not for L revealing himself. Having known that, I find it strange that another person walks into my owner's café with a similar disguise to hide his features. Plus, the more I looked at you, I recognized you by the rest of your face and your body figure." Eun Sun said with an arch of her eyebrow, followed by a smirk. Woohyun then gasped and crossed his arms before he placed his hands over his chest as if he were a woman with no top on. He was trying to appeal to her funny side but she just kept her eyebrow arched and rolled her eyes in response to his gesture. 

 

  "You really think that'll work on me?" Eun Sun asked, looking into the place his eyes would be. 

 

  "Well...maybe." Woohyun said, unintentionally releasing his aegyo side, which did earn a giggle from Eun Sun along with a shake of her head. To this, Woohyun unleashed a smirk of his own. 

 

  "Eun Sun, would you like to visit the dorms tonight?" 

 

  "I have homework." 

 

  "But it'll only be an hour or two. Please?" 

 

  "Maybe." 

 

  "Please? Pretty please?" Woohyun said, moving in for the kill with his aegyo voice.  

 

  "I have homework though." 

 

  "I can help! I'm very smart! Plus, I can even cook for you. You know I'm a great cook right? Or, do you not like my cooking? Or even me?" Woohyun countered with a quivering lip pout. 

 

  "Alright, alright, I'll go. I don't get off work for another three hours though." 

 

  "I'll come pick you up! Until then my lady." Woohyun replied as he stuck out his tongue and behind his glasses, he made a wink. Eun Sun let out a faint blush once Woohyun had passed behind her and exited the shop. As she turned around, she noticed that L had left, and her manager was standing before her with her arms crossed. 

 

  "Owner Su Ah, I'm so sorry! I happened to know him so I was talking to him." 

 

  "Honey, why would you think I would ever really be mad at you? I was expecting you to tell me who he was! Wait, don't tell me, was it one of Myungsoo's friends?" 

 

  "You knew that the first guy was Myungsoo?" 

  "Of course! I passed by him when he slid his glasses off and recognized his mother's eyes, plus, Mina told me about when you were interacting with that band of hers and his physical physique matched him perfectly." 

 

  "So you always know when Jong Suk comes in then, don't you?" 

 

  "Even if I didn't know what he looked like, I could tell by the aura he carries around here. He lights up like a Christmas tree every time you get close to him."  

 

  "We're really good friends so that makes sense.” Owner Su Ah simply smiled and shook her head as she walked away. Eun Sun went back to work, trying her best not to think about what the near future had in store for her.

 

  The end of her shift was arriving, and Eun Sun felt herself getting anxious. The bell rang and she was surprised to see not Woohyun, but Jong Suk.

 

  “Jong Suk, what are you doing here? Weren’t you busy with work?”

 

  “They let me off early, so I thought that I should stop by and we could go do something. Why, are you busy after work?”

 

  “I was invited to…” Eun Sun said, being interrupted by the bell once again.

 

  “Eun Sun, are you ready to go?” Woohyun said as he approached, in his disguise from earlier.

 

  “Who the hell are you?” Jong Suk said, quickly being taken over by Neil.

 

  “Jong Suk, he’s not going to hurt me.”

 

  “I would love to believe that, but how can I know for sure? He could have been lying to you this whole time about his personality. Furthermore, dressing that way is pretty suspicious. What normal person has to try and hide themselves?”

 

  “J-Jong Suk…” Eun Sun said, gently taking a hold of one of his hands. Woohyun looked into the piercing gaze of the male before him and decided to look into his thoughts.

 

  I really don’t trust this guy. I trust Eun Sun, but I can’t let her take the chance of ending up in harm’s way. Eun Sun almost never rejects a chance to hang out with me, so who exactly is he?

 

  “Eun Sun, can I trust him?” Woohyun said to her, turning his gaze.

 

  “He’s my best friend in the entire world. If you can trust me, you can trust him.” Woohyun nodded and since the store was officially closed, he took his disguise off. Jong Suk stared in shock but it was quickly replaced with a scoff.

 

  Oh good, it’s Nam Woohyun. That’s just great. I have to lose time with her because she wants to go hang with a Kpop idol. They work hard, but most of them are always so arrogant and think they can get whatever they want just because of their name or by begging.

  “Hello, I’m Nam Woohyun.” Woohyun said formally, trying to not let the nasty thought of Neil to get to him.

 

  “I’m Lee Jong Suk.” Jong Suk said, putting his hand out and turning his head dismissively.

 

  “Nice to meet you.”

 

  “Eun Sun, don’t bother calling me or texting me.” Jong Suk replied before walking out and letting the door slam behind him.

 

  “Shall we go?” Woohyun said, holding his hand palm up towards the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally made an update! Yay! I would update my other story, but I may just leave it unless people want me to update it (so if you want me to update Wireless, please say so! :P ) I want to thank fashionchik91 for taking the time to advertise me and giving me subscribers! I don't know what'd I'd do without having such a good writing Eonnie like her!