-Chapter 1-

Here's the thing...

   "Good morning Eun Sun! Are you working on homework again today when you're off?" 

"I hope that's okay! I feel so guilty that I take up one of the tables to do so." The petite brunette said as she tuck her hair behind her right ear. 

 

"Darling, you're the one who brings in the most customers. As long as you keep doing your job as well as you are, it's perfectly fine." The older of the two said as she smiled and went behind the counter. Eun Sun smiled herself as she looked around the little shop. The beige from the wooden floor and tables always looked nice against the light blue walls. All around were at least 10 cats. Two of them were Russian Blues and always seemed to love her company and followed at her feet.  The other 8 were varying breeds and sizes.  

 

Eun Sun grabbed a rag and draped it over her left arm as she picked up plates and cups of some of the tables. When she finally started using the rag, the door to the store opened. It always was accompanied by a little bell.  

 

"Welcome to Sweet Kitty!" Eun Sun said with a formal bow. A couple entered followed by two single males. The couple took a corner seat, the first single male took a random one, and the third male stood infront of Eun Sun and made a light cough. 

 

"Can I help-Oh, hey! I didn't see you behind the others. Are you all done rehearsing today?" 

 

"I did actually. I was sort of sad that it was just a commercial for a drink, but all the girls will buy it just because they see my name on it." 

"Just keep working hard Jong Suk and I know you'll be fine! You've got a drama coming up soon right?" Eun Sun asked as she glanced over to see her boss give her the sign that she was off the clock.  

 

"Yeah, I'm going to be a high school student for the third time. I'm going to forget I even graduated college if this keeps happening." Jong Suk said as he picked up a gray and black kitten from the floor and set it on the table. The kitten layed down next to him and he started to pet it casually. 

 

"I actually have to work on homework, but you're free to stay with me if you want to." Eun Sun said as she pulled out her laptop and USB mouse. 

 

"What else do I have to do?" Jong Suk replied as he lay his head on the table. 

 

"Ooh, this is heavy!" Eun Sun's boss remarked as she tried to lift a heavy garbage bag. Eun Sun quickly got up from her seat and carried it out. When she set the bag down, she turned to see a young man behind her. He had a trucker style hat and hoodie on so she knew he must be in college or high school. 

 

"Isn't that kinda heavy for someone like you?" 

 

"It's nothing I can't handle." 

 

"Is that right? What about me? Do you think you can handle me?" 

 

"Well-" 

 

"You better back off. This one's off the market for people who are broke and useless like you." Eun Sun saw that it was Jong Suk's body, but it was clearly something only his alter ego, Neil, would say. 

 

"Alright, geez man. No need to be touchy." The other male then walked off and Neil turned to face Eun Sun. 

 

"Thank Neil, but did you have to be that rude? You could have put it a nicer way." 

 

"You think I care about him? He's clearly just looking for a good time. He could care less about you or anything you say. What if I wasn't here? You could have been in serious trouble." Neil said as he took a step closer so that he was only a foot away from her. 

 

"Neil, relax. It's a café of all places and my boss is with other customers inside. Besides, I think he was just flirting. Before he would even consider doing anything, he wanted to see if I was interested." 

 

"Oh, so you're the expert on guys huh?" Neil pulled Eun Sun to the near by alley way and pinned her against the wall. 

 

"Neil, what are you doing!?!" 

 

"What do you think? I'm reenacting what he would have done to you. Is it not convincing enough, should I go further?" Neil leaned in and stopped right as his lips were in front of Eun Sun's. She winced in response by closing her eyes. Suddenly, she was free and opened her eyes to see that the warm expression of Jong Suk had returned. 

 

"Just...be careful okay Eun Sun? I worry about you. Ever since that...well...I need to know you're safe if I can't be here to protect you like last time." 

 

"I'm fine, Jong Suk. You don't have to worry." Eun Sun replied as she hugged Jong Suk tightly and buried her face into his chest. He glanced down and smiled weakly while gently the top of her head. Even when they had sort of intense moments like this he still enjoyed knowing that she still showed him some affection. 

 

Back inside the café, the two sat in silence as Eun Sun finished her homework. She managed to finish at 3'o clock, meaning that the rest of the night was available to do anything they wanted. Jong Suk knew that Eun Sun had a favorite park in Busan and suggested they go there and have a late picnic. Eun Sun agreed and they got their list of things they needed at a store before getting on the nearest metro station. 

 

Once at the park, Jong Suk laid out the blanket and Eun Sun set the basket on top of it as she sat down. Eun Sun looked up and saw that Jong Suk was staring at her with a smile but wasn't moving at all. 

 

"What?" Eun Sun said. 

 

"Nothing..." 

 

"Just tell me!" 

 

"It's a secret for now. I'll tell you someday...maybe." Jong Suk said as he took a seat and Eun Sun waited till he sat down to slap him on the leg. Jong Suk smiled as he made a brush of his hand across her leg to look like a slap. Eun Sun gave him an evil smirk and poked him in the same spot as the first time. Before long the two broke out into a poke war. It wasn't until Eun Sun poked Jong Suk in the side that he felt a need to get serious about the game and had her lying on her back and arms flailing as she tried to block his moves. 

 

"Stop!" Eun Sun managed to laugh out. 

 

"You can't make me." 

 

"What...do...you...want?" 

 

"Hmmm, that's a good question. There are lots of things I want, but the question is also vague." 

 

"From...me!" 

 

"What do I want from you? I'll have to think about that for a second...nope, can't think of anything." Eun Sun held her breath as she suddenly grabbed on his arms and pulled forward while lifting herself up. Not expecting it, Jong Suk made no effort to resist and their faces stopped just inches from each other. They both stared at each other for a few second before Eun Sun looked away shyly and Jong Suk made an awkward cough as an excuse to move away.  

 

The two finished eating after a short time and stayed till the stars came out. Eun Sun laid herself down to get a better look and Jong Suk was next to her, interlocking his hand with hers. When Eun Sun glanced over she noticed that he had his eyes closed as if he were sleeping. 

 

"Hey, Jong Suk?" 

 

"Yeah?" He answered back. 

 

"Do you think they ever got caught? For what they did to us?" Eun Sun said as she reached over her shoulder to her shoulder blade. Everyday when she got ready in the morning, she stared at the mid-sized "X" that rested there. Sometimes she'd lightly brush her fingers over it, not feeling the stiches that were taken ages ago, but skin that was slightly drier. 

 

"I'm not sure. I would have gone after them if you had let me. They deserve to die for what they did." Jong Suk replied as he looked over at Eun Sun. 

 

"I think if they get caught and are put in prison it would be worse. They'd have to sit their who life somewhere, reflecting on what they did." 

 

"You believe that crap? I thought you were smarter than that." 

 

"I'm not saying they all do that Neil, but sometimes they can change for the better. Remember that guy Harry? He went to the juvenile detention center till our freshman year in high school and then after that he became a 4.0 student." 

 

"Just remember that everyone has a fundamental nature, Eun Sun. Eventually we all will circle back around to it no matter what happens." Eun Sun nodded but then suddenly used her free hand to poke Neil in the forehead. 

 

"Hey! Don't start that! I was being serious there!" Jong Suk said. 

 

"Well I was bored." 

 

"You're a real moment-killer, you know that? What's going to happen at your wedding? Are you going to start dancing during the ceremony because the minister is reading too much?" 

 

"Perhaps. I might just save it all for the reception and just blink my eyes to different songs until then." Eun Sun replied with her tongue sticking out and Jong Suk rolled his eyes. Eun Sun kept her mature side for everyone they knew and strangers, but not him. She had to pull the cute card when he was teasing her and he always found himself unable to respond without being childish back.  

 

When the two finally checked their phones, they realized it was really late at night, and needed to get home. As the metro approached Eun Sun's stop, she gave Jong Suk a hug and walked only a few feet before a pair of arms coiled around her waist. 

 

"You think I'd let you go home this late by yourself? No way." 

 

"Jong Suk, I'm 20, not 10 anymore. I can go home by myself you know." 

 

"Well you can go home by yourself, you're just going to have a leech attached to you the whole way." Jong Suk replied as he stepped to the side of her and left one arm hooked around the waist. 

 

"Are you bear-clawing me right now?" 

 

"Bear-whatting?" 

 

"Bear-clawing. I heard it from one of my customers in the café. It's the term used for when a guy or girl has their arm hooked around the waist of the other." 

 

"I'll give that to you." Jong Suk replied as he grinned and pulled her closer so that they had their hips touching. They walked the entire way to Eun Sun's house that way. At her door, Jong Suk finally let go and laced his hands with Eun Sun. He had another warm look that Eun Sun always loved seeing from him. 

 

"You need to go." Eun Sun said as they swung their arms out and then back in repeatedly. 

 

"I know that I should, but I don't want to." 

 

"I have to work tomorrow morning and I have more homework to do." 

 

"What if I just do it for you?"  

 

"You can't! That's cheating!" Eun Sun said as she lightly slapped his chest.  

 

"Fine, then if I go now, you have to go shopping with me tomorrow so I have clothes for my next big event." 

 

"Deal."  

 

"You better get all your homework done early because I'm coming to pick you up with the company car at four." Jong Suk said as he embraced Eun Sun with a tight hug before slowly walking backwards. He knew he had to turn around and some point, but he had to always use every chance to earn her beautiful smile for him to see. For him, it was the most priceless thing on earth. 

 

Eun Sun entered her room and realized that her room's air conditioner needed to be repaired. When she exited again, she started to move forward and bumped into the figure in front of her. 

 

"I'm so sorry!" Eun Sun said as she looked up at him. 

 

"It's...fine. As long as you're okay."  

 

"I'm alright. Are you moving in on this floor?" 

 

"No, I'm seeing a friend actually." The figure replied nervously behind his covered face. 

 

"I have no idea who you are if you're worried about that. You're disguise is keep you nice and secretive. If you have a fan in there make sure to turn it on because the air conditioners aren't working apparently. I'm Eun Sun by the way, and I'd stay to chat but I have to meet with the desk to fix this matter. Good night!" Eun Sun made her bow before walking away, not seeing that the figure was watching her walk away before entering the room next to her own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise! I started another story! I hope anyone who reads this likes it! It would be normally like me to start more than one story, but Momo (fashionchik91) inspired me! Plus, even though it's never appeared here, I've always done stories with Ukiss as the main group (I count Wireless in that since AJ's involved even though Lunafly's playing a role as well). So, I thought, why not do my third favorite, Infinite!