-Chapter 5-

Here's the thing...

                “Neil, where are you taking me!?!” Eun Sun exclaimed.

 

                “Away from him!”

 

                “I still don’t understand why you hate him!”

 

                “Well you should!” He responded, stopping since they had reached the riverside and spun her to face him.

                “Then I must be a terrible mind reader because I have no idea!”

 

                “You can’t talk to him anymore.”

 

                “Since when did it become a rule that you were in charge of my life?”

 

                “I’m just trying to protect you.”

 

                “Protect me?” Eun Sun scoffed and added, “I don’t need you to protect me from him! He’s an idol! The worst he could do is get me free tickets to a concert.”

 

                “You have no idea what he’s capable of.”

 

                “How so?”

 

                “He’s not just an idol, Eun Sun. He’s a man! He could take advantage of you!” Jong Suk then put his arms around her waist, pulling her close to his chest as if she had been vacuumed in by a black hole. Then he laid his forehead on hers.

 

                “Jong Suk?” Eun Sun felt slightly relived that Neil had vanished.

 

                “…I just worry that you won’t be around if you make other friends. I can’t do anything without you by my side.”

 

                “It’s okay, I’m not going anywhere. You know how much you mean to me.”

 

                “Really?”

 

                “I promise.” Jong Suk looked into Eun Sun’s eyes, before giving her a kiss on the forehead. Jong Suk knew that he could trust her, he always did. He just wanted to not be left behind and all alone. He needed her…he felt that he could learn to…

 

                “Jong Suk, are you okay?”

 

                “Yeah, I’m fine. You have homework right? Let’s go finish that.”

 

                “I only had a little bit left.”

 

                “It’s okay, let’s just go.” Jong Suk smiled, gently interlocking their fingers together.

 

-----------------------

                Driving back to the dorm, Woohyun felt as if he had found out he had been cheated on. Who was he to take her away? She wasn’t some toy to be owned by anyone. Then again, she never mentioned a boyfriend, was she dating him? Their relationship seemed too close. That being said, they could just be really good friends. She never clarified in front of anyone that she wasn’t dating the guy. Oh who was he kidding? It didn’t matter what those two had because it was still wrong to do what he did!

 

                Woohyun’s anger started building and with each step it felt as if there was steam escaping from his ears. His steps became harder, stomping the ground as if it were a punching bag for his feet. His mind couldn’t process the thoughts of those around him due to his own mind screaming so much. When he reached the door, he threw the door open so the door handle slammed against the wall that was inside Infinite’s room.

 

                “Whoa, Woohyun, calm down. What’s wrong?” Sunggyu asked.

 

                “Leave me the hell alone! God, can’t you guys just be quiet for once in your life? I. Hate. All. Of. You!” Woohyun screamed, then went to his room and slammed the door. Once inside he stormed off to his bed and threw himself on it. The moment the bed stopped moving, he curled himself into a tight ball. It wasn’t fair that he had been having such a good time with her and then she got taken away. She was the only one who had made him feel like he was normal in such a long time. Every other time he interacted with people, he knew everything. He could never have a normal conversation and have the innocence that most still get to hold on to.

 

                “Hyung? Are you okay?” Sungjong’s muffled voice said from the other side of the door.

 

                “I’m fine. I’m just tired.” Woohyun lied, crossing his arms at his shoulders.

 

                “Well if you decide to eat, we have some leftovers for you.” Woohyun said nothing and let out a soft sigh as the pitter-patter of Sungjong’s feet carried him away. All he felt like doing was trying to sleep everything off, but he couldn’t because his mind was still racing around as it tried to situate everything in an orderly fashion. Woohyun had a feeling it was going to be a long night for him.

----------------------------

                Jong Suk was leading Eun Sun back to his apartment, their fingers still interlocked. He wasn’t normally so affectionate in public, but this felt right for some reason. He didn’t want to take a chance that she could slip through his fingers, so holding onto her was the best thing. As long as he felt her hand in his, could turn to look at her, and earned a smile, he could have hope she’d be there.

 

                Once they were inside his place, Jong Suk let go of her hand and placed his arms around her waist and moved her feet on top of his. Then he walked them over to his tiny couch and turned before sitting. She was still his arms and was now seat in his lap. Her breathing seemed slightly deep, but not enough to cause any alarm.

 

                “Aren’t I supposed to be doing homework?” Eun Sun asked, not showing any break in her voice.

 

                “You should be, but I just want to stay like this with you for a bit.”

 

                “What’s been getting into you lately? Neil’s been really aggressive and appearing more than usual.”

 

                “Did he insult one of your dramas again?” Jong Suk said with a smirk.

 

                “H-How did you know about me watching dramas?”

 

                “I saw you once when you were on break at work. You make it too easy by sitting close to the windows. If you want to keep a secret you need to be better about hiding it.”

                “I guess you would know being an actor for dramas and getting chased by fans.”

 

                “That’s part of it, but mostly I have secrets of my own.” Jong Suk replied, laying his cheek on the back of her head and staring at the only blank wall in front of him. The others were all decorated with pictures or art. The tiny kitchen had numerous cabinets all around.

 

                “You know you can tell me.”

 

                “I don’t doubt that, but this is something that I have to keep to myself.”

 

                “Why?” Eun Sun asked.

 

                “Come on, let’s get that homework done. Look, how convenient, I have my laptop already sitting on the coffee table in front of you.” Jong Suk said, even though he still hadn’t moved his head. Eun Sun let out a sigh, which Jong Suk felt through the slight vibration on her back because his chest was against it. He released some air as he tried not to laugh. Jong Suk knew that she only listened to adults she respected, and him. Anyone else who trampled on her toes just made her behave civil on the outside.              

 

               

                Once she got her homework done, the two decided to watch a movie. Jong Suk knew that it was going to be late, so he set an alarm for himself on his phone. Eun Sun was not paying attention because she was fully engrossed in the movie. Jong Suk could have been having a paint ball fight in the background and she would have never even knew that it happened.

 

                “Want to watch another one?” Jong Suk asked with a yawn after they finished.

 

                “I should probably go. You seem really tired and we both have to get up early tomorrow”

 

                “It’s only eleven. We could still get a decent amount of sleep even at one in the morning.”

 

                “Okay, you’ve convinced me, but this time we’re playing an action film.” Eun Sun said, letting Jong Suk still hold onto her as they both laid down.

 

                “No way! Horror films are the best!”

 

                “Fine, then let’s just pick something random.” Jong Suk let out a soft groan, but agreed and had a random movie selected. The movie ended up being a romantic-action, but they never saw the romance scenes because within the first ten minutes, they fell asleep with Jong Suk still holding onto Eun Sun. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooooooo, I finally got another chapter out! I'm sorry it's a little shorter this time, but I think it was a good place to end the chapter at. As always, enjoy and I hope you are excited for when the next update arrives!