Wedding

Married For All The Right Reasons

 

“Come again?” Tim asked. He wasn’t sure if his mind was playing tricks on him due to lack of sleep.

 

Jessica walked closer until the desk was the only thing that was between them. “I said, let’s get married.” Jessica repeated in the same emotionless tone.

 

Tim’s heart was beating erratically. The very words that he yearned for had finally come true. Despite his puffy eyes and dark circles, there was life in Tim once again.

 

“Do you really mean it?” Tim asked excitedly as he walked around the desk to stand in front of the blonde.

 

Jessica sighed tiredly. She was getting annoyed for having to repeat herself.
“Ye-”

 

Before the very word could leave , Tim had Jessica wrapped in his arms. He lifted her up and spun her around.

 

“Y-Yah! Put me down!” Jessica was blushing as their bodies were pressed tightly together.

 

“Sorry.” Tim chuckled as he let the blonde down. She thought the blushing would stop now that her feet were on the ground, but she was wrong when Tim continued to stand dangerously close to her, giving her his famous eyesmile.

 

Jessica cleared as she took a few steps back, creating space between them.

 

“About the wedding…”

 

Tim gasped. “The wedding! There’s so much we have to do: the guest list, the decorations, contacting the priest, the reception, the-“

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Jessica interrupted. She didn’t care much for this wedding.

 

“The wedding,” Jessica went on once again, “will be planned by you. Since I’m busy this whole week, I’ll need you to take care of everything. You can hire help as well, but do not bother me with anything involving this wedding. Here are my body measurements, so you can have a dress prepared for me. And… I think that’s it, so I’ll see you in a week for the wedding.” When Jessica finished giving her instructions, she walked out of the room before Tim could stop her.

 

Tim leaned his back against the desk, holding onto the paper with Jessica’s body measurements.

 

“Wedding…Plans… Me… Week…” Tim mumbled lifelessly before a realization took place.

 

“A WEEK?!?!”

 

**********************

 

-Tim and Jessica’s Wedding Day-

 

“Whoa, Sica, this looks amazing.” Yoona complimented as she entered the building.

 

“Yeah…” Jessica was just as surprised with how everything turned out. It looked… perfect.

 

“Hello, Jessica.”

 

Jessica, who had her eyes glued to the ballroom, looked back to the front to see the man she was going to marry. Tim was dressed in a black tux with a baby pink bow. His hair was neatly done and his megawatt smile was still plastered on his face.

 

“What do you think of the place?” The proud groom asked.

 

“It’s beautiful!” Yoona cut in.

 

“Thanks. It’s Yoona, right?” Tim remembered a tall, slim girl who was always around Jessica back in high school.

 

“Thought you forgot about me.” Yoona hid her face behind her hands and pretended to cry.

 

“Of course not. How could I forget such a pretty face? And might I add, you’ve gotten prettier by the years.”

 

“Aww, stop it. I already know I’m gorgeous.”

 

Tim and Yoona shared a laugh, which was interrupted by a cough.

 

The two turned back to notice Jessica’s presence. Tim’s smile automatically widened as his eyes set upon his wife-to-be.

 

“Jessica…” Tim spoke tenderly, “I’ve designed your dress personally. It’s in your dressing room. Would you like me to show-“

 

“No, thanks. Yoona can accompany me.” Jessica replied flatly as she pulled Yoona to the room labeled, ‘Jessica’s Dressing Room.’

 

Jessica’s cold behavior was a bit unexpected but that didn’t affect Tim’s mood. He was just too happy and excited for the wedding ceremony that would take place in a few hours.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Hwang.” Tim mumbled to himself, a genuine smile never leaving his face. Once he was out of dreamland, Tim left the hall to make sure everything else was in place. It had to be perfect.

 

“What’s wrong, Sica? You were in awe a minute ago. Now you’re looking like you want to choke someone.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. My feet were hurting since my best friend was too busy flirting with him.

 

“Wait. Is this jealousy I sense? Are you upset that he was talking to me and not paying any attention to you?” Yoona smirked.

 

Jessica bit her lip. “N-No! Besides, I don’t care who he flirts with. This just shows what kind of person he is. A flirt. It’ll make it easier for me to leave him after we get married. I don’t want to stay in a relationship with a guy I can’t trust.”

 

“Aww, my baby is jealous.” Yoona cooed as she pinched Jessica’s cheeks.

 

“I’m n-not jealous!” Jessica whined as she slapped Yoona’s hands.

 

“Sure, sure.” Yoona spoke, still unconvinced.

 

“Im Yoona, if you keep saying that I’m jealous, I will-“

 

“Whoa, is this your dress?!” Yoona quickly changed the subject, knowing that Jessica’s anger was presenting itself.

 

Jessica turned toward the gown that Yoona held up. Jessica froze in her spot as she stared at her dress. It was stunning. The strapless gown was detailed in every way with the right amount of laces, ruffles, and crystal beads. The way Jessica stared at the dress was the same way Tim would stare at Jessica. She was completely in love with her dress.

 

“Sicaaa….” Yoona waved her hands in front of the blonde’s face.

 

“Huh?” Jessica finally took her eyes off the dress and looked at her best friend.

 

“You like the dress, don’t you?”

 

Jessica had her head bowed as she shyly nodded.

 

“Then, let’s try it on you! We still have to do your hair and makeup!” Without even a warning, Yoona ped Jessica’s top.

 

“Y-Yah!” Jessica screamed as she covered her chest.

 

“Don’t be shy. I’ll take care of you.” Yoona spoke seductively.

 

For the next few hours, the erted Yoona was in charge of dressing Jessica and doing her makeup and hair.

 

******************

 

“Calm down, dude.” Yul, who was Tim’s best friend, whispered to the groom who was slightly jumping.

 

“My legs won’t listen to me. They’re too excited.” Tim whispered back as he waited for the bride to enter through the doors.

 

Yul shook his head as he smiled at his best friend. For the four years that they’ve known each other, he’s never seen Tim so excited about anything.

 

*Piano plays*

 

The two men watched as the doors opened. First, came the bridesmaids who were dressed in baby pink. Then came the maid of honor.

 

Yul’s eyebrows lifted up as he watched Yoona walk down the aisle. Yul admitted that the girl was attractive with each step she took. “Not bad.” Yul mentally commented.

 

Lastly, the one Tim had been anticipating for… “Jessica.” Tim whispered breathlessly.

 

Tim’s eyes couldn’t stop staring at the beauty that was walking toward him. With wavy blonde locks and natural makeup on, Jessica paced down the aisle like a queen, catching the admiration of the guests.

 

Tim beamed his smile at Jessica once she was standing beside him. Jessica gave a small smile back before she directed her attention to the priest before them. She wanted to be done with this ceremony.  Despite the feel of an actual wedding, this wasn’t the wedding for Jessica. It didn’t feel like she was the one getting married since her heart wasn’t in it.

 

When she noticed that the priest had stopped speaking, Jessica looked up to see dozens of eyes staring intently at her.

 

“Do you, Jessica Jung, take Tim Hwang, to be your lawfully wedded husband?” The priest repeated when he noticed the confused look on the blonde’s face.

 

“I-…” Jessica turned her head to the audience just in time to see her mother crying on her father, who was grinning proudly at her.

 

Jessica took a deep breath as she said, “I do.”

 

“Phew.” Yoona let out the breath she was holding in.

 

After the married couple exchanged wedding rings, the priest said, “You may kiss the bride.”

 

Jessica widened her eyes. How could she have forgotten about the kiss? Jessica quickly clenched her teeth; she just had to it up and allow Tim to give her a quick peck.

 

Or so she thought.

 

Jessica’s breath was literally taken away from her when Tim pressed his lips firmly against hers. A supposedly quick peck turned into a full-blown kiss when Tim cupped Jessica’s cheeks and moved his lips against her own.

 

Jessica’s initial shock turned into acceptance. Before she could move her lips along with his, Tim had already pulled away.

 

Tim grinned happily at his suddenly dazed wife. Jessica’s lips were just as sweet as Tim had imagined.

 

“Are you ready for the wedding reception?” Tim asked as he offered his wife his arm.

 

Jessica nodded absentmindedly as she hooked her arm with his. Jessica followed Tim like a lifeless doll, still affected by the kiss.

 

 


Anticipate the next chapter which will be about their wedding reception! xD 

Also, the minor pairing for this story will be YoonYul. Remember to comment and subscribe! It really motivates me to write...hehe.