Jaesoon...Dongwoon...

Beauty and the B2ST

It was only a couple days until B2ST's debut. Dongwoon was getting really fidgety, and he was almost never home. He stayed at the practice room for most of the day, and sometimes wouldn't even come home! I decided to go with him one day. I was amazed at how hard they worked. They wouldn't stop until they got it perfect. Even when it was perfect, they kept going. I bought them lunch but they hardly ate. They didnt rest until finally, Dongwoon passed out. We took him to the hospital and the doctor told us it was for malnutrition. I took them out and we ate, but we returned straight to the studio. That was the only break they took for 3 days straight. Finally, the day of their debut arrived. I stood backstage and watched as they performed their song, Bad Girl. They did all of their songs and introduced themselves. When they finished, I greeted them all. 

"You guys did perfect! I'm so proud of you!" I hugged them all and they all thanked me except Junhyung. He's hated me ever since we met, and I didn't even understand why...the other members seemed perfectly fine and comfortable with me, but Junhyung was different. He didn't want anything to do with me.I was confused, but I would ask him later when we were alone. I took them out to eat again. I'm gonna go bankrupt soon... I don't have a job and these boys eat enough for hundreds of people. We went to a large sushi buffet and pigged out. We all went and got our food, when I bumped into Junhyung. Now is the perfect time, I told myself.  "Ju-Junhyung?" I started. My heart started beating faster at his name. "Why do you hate me so much?" I asked cautiously.

He looked at me in disbelief.  "I don't hate you...but you really don't know?" 

"No... Well should I? I sound like a heartless , I know, but please tell me!" I pleaded.

"My real name is Yong Jaesoon."

I stood with my mouth open in shock.  "Jae... Soon!?"

 

It was 1st grade. I was playing house with Dongwoon and some of my other friends, when Jaesoon called me.

"Jungah!!!" He yelled. 

"Yeah, Jaesoon?" I said, walking over to him. 

"Jungah! Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked cutely, holding up a flower. 

"Ewwww, but you have a girl name! My boyfriend can't have a girl name!" I said and skipped back to my friends.

 

I stood there, now remembering the chubby little kid. Out of the blue, I pulled him into a hug.  

"You changed your name because of me!? When!?" I said, my voice muffled in his chest. 

"That summer after school ended." he chuckled. 

"Jaesoon...or...Junhyung. You changed your name for me!? You didn't have to do that! We were in first grade! I didn't know what I was talking about!" I started to cry.

"Jungah! Jungah! Shh!" he tried to get me to stop crying, but I wouldn't. It was my fault he changed his name. I hugged him even tighter, and he wrapped his arms lightly around my waist.

"I'm so sorry, Junhyung..." I whispered.

He chuckled, "Of course, the next year of school you moved to America and I couldn't show you my brand new name." I cried even harder. "Shush. Be quiet... The others are probably wondering where we are..." he said awkwardly, trying to get me to stop bawling. People were staring... I took my face out of his shirt.

"You're right. I'm sorry...for 1st grade and for freaking out like that," I said, wiping my tears. I let go of him and he took his arms off of my waist. We began to walk back to the table and I looked at him. "I'm gonna make it up to you." I promised him. When we got near the table, everyone looked at us. Dongwoon stood up and held my hand as we closed the gap between us and the table. Dongwoon studied my face.

"Ha! Hyung, her lips aren't swollen! I told you they weren't making out!" he shot at Kikwang and Doojoon. My face went bright red and I smacked Dongwoon.

"Dongwoon what the hell...!" I mumbled.

He studied my face more closely. "Noona! Were you...were you crying!?!?" he yelled, throwing an accusing glance at Junhyung. "Did you make my Noona cry!?!" he pointed at Junhyung. 

"No." Junhyung replied calmly. 

"Yeah, whatever. Noona, what happened!?" he hugged me tightly in his long arms. 

"Nothing, Dongwoon! I wasn't even crying! Do you see my makeup running!?" I laughed nervously. 

"Noona. I'm not stupid. I've known you for my whole life. And you wear waterproof makeup!" Dongwoon caught me red handed. 

"It's nothing to worry about! I just ran into something," I improvised.

"Oh. Okay then! Are you okay! Where did you hit?" he questioned. 

"What are you, a survey?" I teased. 

"Nope! Just a worried overprotective brother!" he beamed. We all laughed together. Now that Junhyung doesn't hate me, we all ate together like a big family.

They slept over again, and we kept the same bunk assignments. Kikwang and I made breakfast, because we are always the first ones up. This time, Junhyung and I had to do dishes. Since they debuted, they had a week off until they had to perform again. Junhyung and I worked quietly until I broke the silence.

"You know, in 1st grade, I honestly liked you," I spoke softly and didn't look at him. 

"I liked you too...a lot," he agreed. 

"Really?" I asked. 

"Mmhm." he faced me.

We stared at each other until Hyunseung yelled, "Look! Jungah and Junhyung are about to kiss!" everyone crowded around us except for Dongwoon. I broke free of the crowd with a firetruck red face and ran to Dongwoon. He was sitting on the ground looking at the tape I had filmed of their debut stage.

"Dongwoon!" I sat next to him. "What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Nothing." 

"Dongwoon?"

"What."

"Why are you mad...?"

"I'm not."

"Don't be mad..." 

"I'm not mad." 

"Dongwoon!" 

"I said I'm not mad!" he stormed away and slammed the door to his bedroom. I was still on the ground with a dumbstruck face when the door slammed shut. Did...did Dongwoon just yell at me...?