Calm Beauty

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Well.... I know it's short. So I apologized. But happy reading ;)

 

 

JIYONG’S STORY

CALM BEAUTY

 

I guessed I didn’t have any other choice but to declare the fundraiser a major personal success. I introduced Taeyeon to my curious friends, and she… Taeyeon…Well…She was just being Taeyeon. She captivated the collective pants off them with her unique calm beauty, wit and charm. We worked the crowd the same way that we did at the wedding reception, but with more instinctive precision, sensing each other’s moves, finishing each other’s sentences, improvising effortlessly when someone asked an unexpected question about our dating history and abrupt wedding.

 

Through it all, I had to admit, Taeyeon did lived up to her name. Calm beauty…. She never faltered, but I knew that I was the only person in the room who could tell that she was actually very frightened. More than one of my friends commented privately to me on how charming my new wife was, and the women seemed to accept her as well, probably because they perceived nothing threatening from her. She wasn’t the most glamorous woman in the room, or the most outgoing, or the most seductive. She was simply being Taeyeon, and everyone she met seemed to respond to her sweet, reserved smile.

 

In truth, the only person who had a problem with Taeyeon tonight was myself. Though I hated to admit it, keeping my distance from her these last few weeks didn’t do any wonder at all. I imagined that I’d be immunized against the attraction I felt from her, but tonight just proved to me otherwise. Nothing in this world could have shielded me against the way she looked in her black evening dress. She was just so stunning that I’d spent the evening entirely too aware of her bare shoulders, porcelain white skin and her kissable pink lips.

 

I still wanted her, despite the clamp I’d put on my emotion since that insane night in the conservatory. But wanting my wife was only a fraction of my problem. Mostly I missed the fun we’d had, and the good time I knew we could have together in the future. I missed the easy-as-breathing way I’d felt in her presence on our honeymoon, and I missed the music that had flowed so freely out of me for those few minutes in the conservatory.

 

I’d been like another person for those few days and I liked that Kwon Jiyong, the one who was capable of being happy. But in order for me to become that Jiong, I had to let down my guard with Taeyeon, and I wasn’t even sure I could do that without crossing the line between friend and lover. It was probably my greatest flaw, but I was an all-or-nothing person, and I wanted all of Kwon Taeyeon.

 

It had occurred to me more than once that I was a little bit in love with my wife. Okay, maybe even more than a little bit. But whenever I allowed myself to think about it, I was overwhelmed with guilt for coveting something that had belonged to my brother and still did. I’d killed Seungri and now I wanted the woman who loved him.

 

I wanted Taeyeon.

 

Damn it! That thought alone just made me realized how despicable I was. But I couldn’t help it. Each time I saw her, the idea of wooing her, trying to win her love seemed like the right thing to do. I’d never actually courted a woman before, and the challenge of it was enticing. And a little intoxicating.

 

The desire was there, but was it really okay for me to follow through?

 

“You were brilliant, as usual.” I complimented as soon as we were in the car headed home. The party wouldn’t be over for hours, but when Taeyeon pleaded exhaustion, I had been more than happy to use that as an excuse to escape. She snuggled into the passenger seat of the BMW, her head back, eyes closed as though she was soaking up the pleasure of being seated for the first time in hours. The beaded champagne coat that had matched her dress was wrapped around her, leaving nothing exposed to the night, or to me, but I was still too aware of her. I needed to build up some barrier again, but my heart begged me not to.

 

“I didn’t feel brilliant.” She replied. “I felt like a fraud, waiting for someone to realize I didn’t belong there.”

 

“Don’t be silly, Taeyeon. You can belong anywhere. Your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter