Promise

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shortest update that I've ever made for this story.

Sorry peeps as I'm having my exam this Monday.

But enjoy! 

40 upvotes, 463 subbies? 

Goodness, you guys rock!

 

 

JIYONG’S STORY

PROMISE

 

“Seriously, Yuri isn’t buying our charade.” She said, keeping her voice low.

 

“Don’t worry about her. You handled her brilliantly. Yuri maybe suspicious but she won’t do anything to jeopardize her place in grandma’s will. None of them will.”

 

We stopped on the walkway between a bed of roses and a fountain statue that covered us form the view of many guests. “You mean, what they think of our marriage, what they think of me, is irrelevant?”

 

“At some point, yes.” I admitted.

 

“Then why did you invite them? What was the reason behind all this?”She asked in disbelief.

 

I bent my head to hers. To anyone looking, we seemed like newlyweds sharing an intimate moment alone. “There are some of the most influential people in Seoul. Whether socially or in business, inviting them today makes them part of our lives as a couple and by extension, our child’s life.”

 

“You mean you’re circling the wagons so that when the baby is born, shall we say… early, the family has a share in supporting our story. Whether they believe it or not.”

 

I shrugged. “Yes. I’m the head of the family and they all have a vested interest in up to me. Usually they’re the ones who need me, for a loan, to back up business deal, to contribute to a charity, to show up at a fund raiser that might otherwise go unattended.”

 

“But you need them now, and this wedding, it’s your way of telling them so.”

 

“Correct. Now, forget about my family.” I said, trying to dismiss the topic and take her hand again. I straightened and smiled. “I’m sorry you don’t have any of your own to drive you crazy.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t dare comment on my sweet sentiment. “Well, there’s always Seunghyun oppa.” She said with a false good cheer, glancing across the garden. Her vision was hooked at Seunghyun, who was in a crowd of business associates camped near the champagne fountain. “With friends like him, who else I possibly need?”

 

I didn’t smile at her joke. I knew that she was avoiding him despite Seunghyun’s countless attempts to contact her.

 

Ri… Is your girl always this stubborn?

 

“Taeyeon…. I know you’re being sarcastic but I really wish you’d talk to him. He still hasn’t forgiven me for going behind his back. I actually thought he might quit his job because of this. He really cares about you and I hope you could make amend with him. ”

 

“Do you really think I could forgive him because he cares? Sorry, Jiyong. I can’t. He betrayed me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter