His Thoughts

My Lady (Editing & On Hiatus)

Your POV​

 

The breakfast 'meeting' ended up quickly than I thought. My mother and father, as expected, approved of Kris' not-so-romantic wedding proposal. I mean, my parents came there and they have talked to Kris and his parents before this. That would mean that they have discussed about this issue before. And as for that proposal, well it really did made my day and brought me to tears. Oh, please insert extreme sarcasm in there.

"Honey, I was thinking of having dinner at your place tonight. What do you think of it?" My mom asked as we walked out of the house. Thank God the one who asked that was my mom. If it was Kris I would have stabbed him straight in the heart. How dare he still ask me that kind of question after suddenly popping out that life changing question! Ugh, great. Now I'm going to be diagnosed with hypertension and mood swings.

"Uh, sure. You have the spare key, anyways. I'll just meet you at my house after my last lesson," I replied with a sigh.

"Okay. Let me send you to your class. What time will your class end? Should I ask Kri-,"

"NEVER!" I practically shouted, earning shocked faces from both my father and mother. "I mean, no. I'll just take the bus back home. I'm all set anyway," I said, calming myself as I breathed in slowly. I showed them my backpack that I've been carrying without anyone noticing it. It was only filled with a few pens and pencils, two textbooks and three note books. Fortunately I only have two classes today namely Mandarin and Japanese Language. Yes, I've been taking these two classes ever since my father explained to me that China and Japan are well known for their top business skills and can bring profit to one's self. So being business partners with Chinese or Japanese company can bring many advantage to you. Wealth and reputation.

"Oh... Alright then," my mom flashed a smile that I know was fake but soon replaced with a concerned one. "I guess you really were shocked with the sudden confession..he made, right?" Yes mom, I was really surprised to death.

"Yes, I was. I'll just," pausing for a while to inhale a deep breath, "err, think about it, I guess," I nodded, hypnotizing myself that things will be okay and just forgot everything that had just happened. "Let's go mom. I don't want to be late for class,"

 

Kris' POV

The Songs including Jiwon finally went out of the cafe leaving me and my parents. I did not offered Jiwon a ride to the university because I know she would really hate me if I did. And I don't want that. Jiwon walked passed me without even giving me a glance. Not like I was hoping her to give me a look because she always had a poker face on. I swear I would do anything to decode that poker face of hers and learn what she have in her secretive mind.

"Are you free for today, son?" my dad said as he wiped his mouth after drinking a glass of water. I nodded in response, "Yes, father,"

"Good then because I need to have a word with you," he said strictly. My dad has always been that way. Strict, tough and determined. 

"Oh, don't you be so strict to your own and only son!" my mom defended me. And that's my mom; always so loving, caring and motherly. Although she can be very scary sometimes, pretty much the same when Jiwon is angry. I can see them both having a good time together, maybe cooking in the kitchen, laughing over jokes that only women understands, have some tea party at the house or even talking about their own husbands...

Me. Jiwon's husband.

My friends knew about the fact that I'm getting Jiwon as my wife. They even swore they could have gotten a bleeding nose or even got into a coma when they heard the news. Okay, that was just me exaggerating. They were supportive though when I told them that I was ending my bachelor life just to take over my dad's company. But I'm an obedient child and I listen to what my parents say, especially my mom. She said find a girl and I've find one. She said marry her and I've proposed to her. Done.

"It's okay son, I think she's cute. She's really beautiful too! And minded her manners too even when we all know she was very uncomfortable just now for the fact that she is suddenly set into an arranged marriage. Kris, did you really never dated this girl? Ever?!" my mom freaked out a little. I almost knew what she was thinking. Yes mom, I never had the guts to ask her out. Yes, I like her. I love her to my very death. I know since the first time we met, she was the one. And yes, it really sounded so cheesy.

"Err, no. I never really got the chance to date her," I said sheepishly.

Soon after we went back to our house, since I didn't even have classes today, I went into my father's study room. I closed the door gently before facing him who was already taking his place on his comfy big black office chair, gesturing me too sit on the seat that was placed in front of his. It really felt like we were in a real office, only that this room has vintage designed to it.

Just as I placed myself on the chair comfortably, he began talking. "So, is that the girl you've chosen to have as your wife?" he asked the most obvious question. Surely he noticed right? I have been talking about Jiwon to my family like what, a thousand times?

Nevertheless, I answered politely, "Yes, father," and he nodded. "Are you sure? Because by marrying her, that means you need to join hands with her parents' business,".

Business? Jiwon's parents owns a business? How come I never knew that fact about the girl I love!? I am so, so, so, SO horribly terribly stupid!

Holding my shame, I said, "Is that so, father? Then.. I am more than willing to do so," I do not even know I am doing this. Normal business people would have thought about this for some time but me, not even a minute. Don't ask why. Ask the cupid why it aimed me to be so in love with Jiwon; the ice cold woman that has unapproachable aura to her but I still wasted all my effort just for her.

But my father was too clever for me. "Answer me honestly, do you know her like the back of your hand that you were so confident to make her your wife?" Boom, there it goes. "Err... N-no, father,"

I expected some scolding but got the opposite. "You, my boy needs something to take her heart,"

"Y-yes, father?" I was confused. Really? My father? Just let me go like that without a scolding? Thank you GOD!! I thought he would be so angry that I didn't knew Jiwon well that I abruptly decided to tie the knot with her!

"Yes, and we need to do it, fast," father pondered hard for a while before snapping his fingers enthusiastically, making me jump, "I know! Why not I buy you a house, like you know a condominium or just a simple apartment if she doesn't like expensive stuffs, and then I'll you both stay there until you both get married! You both can either stay there or buy a new house after you got married to her," he said the last part as calm as he could after realizing his state. He literally change from the serious scary strict person to an energetic person. I could only blink, man!

"Oh... Okay, father... Err... Umm... How... Why...."

"Don't ever fix me as the strict scary kind of father in that mind of yours, boy. I can be very kind too," he said so fatherly that I think could bring me to tears. No jokes, guys.

"Oh... Okay, father. Thanks, by the way," I said, flashing him a smile as honest and sincere as I can.

"Off you go then, I have some documents to sign," he said as he send me off to the door and I left the room with a smile.

"Did your father went smooth on you?" my mother asked as she saw me entering the kitchen where she was reading a magazine while drinking some tea.

"Yeah... Say mom, did you say anything to dad?" I said out of curiosity. There must be something that mom did that was able to change my dad like that.

"Well, I do have some tricks up on my sleeves. Such as threatening him that I'll leave him,"

I gawked, "What!?!" She did not just said that to dad, right?

"I was just joking. I guess he just loved his son so much and had a soft spot when it comes to his only son's marriage," she chuckled at my reaction.

"Oh...," I let out a sigh of relieve. Thank you, God again. "I really thought you threatened him like that,"

She smiled at me before continued reading the magazine and said, "A joke is a joke my dear, just like dreams. Dream is only a dream until you make it happen,"


Please kindly drop off some comments guys, I need to know what you think about the story. :) As always, read, love, subscribe, comment, and (maybe?) upvote :P

PS: Sorry if there is any grammar or spelling mistakes..