A Pet Store Love Story-First meet

At First Sight

Preview:

Lately Hankyung was feeling lonely.Someone adviced him to get a lover or a pet.Since a pet seems much easier idea and could actually be brought Hankyung decides to visit a pet store where Heechul,who loves taking care of pets is a works.

Would Hankyung be able find a right pet for himself or in the process would find a lover as well..? Hmmm..let's see :)

 

========================================================================================================================

A Pet Store Love Story- First Meet

========================================================================================================================

“What you need is a good company…”

Hankyung sipped his beer as his friend rambled about remedies for his empty feelings. It had started recently, the feeling of loneliness.

 As a successful young entrepreneur, Hankyung actually didn’t have any reasons for having these kinds of feelings. He had everything that a man of his age would only desire power, money, status… add to that  killing looks which could woo anyone around him...Quite eligible bachelor he was!

Always a dreamer, he had chased his ambitions, his dreams turning them into reality. He was always busy working towards his goals. With his vision, excellent skills and lots of efforts he had managed to build his empire.

Those were the days when he was buried in his work and responsibilities having little or no time for himself or to look around .But now that he was settled in the business world and everything was steady he….had started to feel it. The feeling of something was missing in his glorious life.

After achieving his major goals in life pretty early, he had realized ,he never really thought about his life outside his business. It wasn’t like he had no friends..he had them, in his business circles, few of the college friends. But he never really had time to spend with them or he simply ignored these kinds of feelings.

It wasn’t like he never dated but all of them were very brief, he never really thought into getting into serious relationship ,when he knew he would not be able to devote himself for it. But...it was then.

Now, whenever he returned to his small apartment which he still found much comfortable, he always felt it…the emptiness that surrounded it. Now, that he was not busy glued to his laptop working on contracts, he could see what his life had become…It was quite boring…colorless.

So there he was, sitting in a club with his few college friends hearing them talk excitedly .Sure  they were not as successful as he was…sure they didn’t have as much money and power he had. But still, there was something they had making them smile brightly and enjoy themselves like that,unlike him.

“Han my friend, you need someone to be with.”One of them said, quite drunk by now.

“Yeah find someone date more, Do you want us to fix them for you?”Another one asked.

“Yah you workaholic you should look around more,there is chance of love everywhere.”

Hankyung smiled. It’s not like he hadn’t tried it. But it wasn’t working somehow.When it came to dating ,he a tiger in his business world  would become a timid and soft person who had no idea how to behave in front of other. So, sometimes their frequency just wouldn’t match, sometimes his date always looked at his money ..in any way it wasn’t working.

The drunken discussion went on furiously for few minutes where Han decided to take only listener’s role.

“I know…”One of his friends , half yelled suddenly.

“A pet…”he said triumphantly.

Everyone stared at him still pondering upon this thought. Hankyung raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah they say a pet is man’s best friend. It can keep you company and be with you..Han you should give it a try.”another one agreed.

“But my girlfriend totally ignores me when that puppy of her’s is with her…He is surely my enemy..”One of them shouted ,who was made silent immediately.

To Hankyung though,that seemed a pretty good idea. Having a cute, fluffy pet at home ,the idea that someone would be waiting for him at home seemed nice…but,

“Isn’t it a big responsibility? To take care of them, feed them properly, clean them and all.I wonder I could do it.”Hankyung spoke his concern.It was true,it’s been long since he had thought anything other than his business.

“Ahh yeah…this workaholic could starve it to death,if he won’t take his head out of his work.”One of them commented.

“Aigooo, you wouldn’t know if you won’t even try” his friend said trying to persuade him…..

The idea didn’t seem feasible, but it was stuck in his mind for a few days now. Ever since, his friends suggested this to him. He would try to picture himself with a pet but…he sighed ,it wasn’t like he had to take a major decision about a deal hmmm? Should he actually give it a try?

“Get me a list of pet shops around here.”He ordered his secretary through intercom.

****

Heechul hummed to himself as he neatened the dog food rack, arranging them nicely. It was early in the evening and there was still some time for his shift to end. He mentally checked if he had left enough food for his cat, Heebum at home. The thought of Heebum waiting for him at home delighted him.

Heechul,loved animals. The way these little things can brighten one’s life was amazing. It was one of the main reasons he actually chose a pet shop to work. He could be with many of them here. He would take care of them happily ,till they wait to be adopted. Making friends with pet lovers, who visited the shop for other pet accessories and food was another plus.

“Hyung, the fishes .It’s your turn today. I will take care of the puppies here.”Yesung, his coworker yelled from one corner.

“Arraso ,I remember” he yelled back as he made his way .The place was filled with animals . They had number of fish tanks filled with normal to tropical and exotic fishes. Tortoises, Puppies and kittens and varieties of birds, the place was huge.

Still humming to himself, Heechul sprinkled the fish food in the tank. He was at rows of the tanks kept near the glass wall at the entrance when he saw it…

A curious face with a set of twinkling eyes, looking at the fishes from outside. There were expressions of amazement on that face ,his mouth half opened..The stranger looked like a little four year old kid looking at something new and amazingly astonishing for the first time.

But he was not a kid , he was a well grown up man and quite handsome actually. That’s what Heechul thought as he stood looking at the face through the tank and glass wall , forgetting what he was doing.

Suddenly, the man realized a pair of feline eyes staring back at him. For few moments, they stayed like that . But then the man moved quickly, startling both of them. The stranger stood straight his expressions changed to somewhere between embarrassed and clueless. Heechul stood straight as well. A bright smile came on his face looking at that face.

He changed it to a welcoming smile, hoping badly that the man would enter the shop and he would get a chance to talk. But the handsome stranger didn’t move, still indecisive about something. A pang of disappointment came over him when the man left giving him a final look after receiving some call.

He stared at the way the man went for a long time hoping him to come back but that didn’t happen, instead his owner smacked him affectionately for not concentrating on his work.

Hmmm...Was he going to see that face ever again..??He really wondered….

 


I know it was supposed to be a one shot,but as I started writing it ,it kind of grew lengthy which might be tiring to read in one go.

So I have turned it into a mini series just 3-4 chapters.I am already at the end of writing it so what you would get is quick updates either daily or every 2 or 3 days.

Hope you all will like it,do let me know.

Thank you :)