A Pet Store Love Story-The Confession

At First Sight

Heechul groaned,furiously mopping the floor.Cleaning day was always boring and exhausting.and he always had to have one ,in one of his off days otherwise he knew his mother would take charge of the place if she decides to give a surprise visit…which she would do many of the times.

He was on it for a quite a time now and his small apartment looked at least a bit tidy up , though he could not say same thing about himself. Dressed in one of his oldest Tshirt and shorts, hair tied in tall pony at back and few of them sticking all over his face no matter how much he tried to keep them in place, and smelly and sweaty all over…

Feeling yucky all over again he hurried his work while his mind wandered around one thought that was eating his head from so many days…Hankyung.

After their ‘second date’ in Sungmin’s dictionary..Things hadn’t change much. Hankyung still made brief appearances at the store, apparently he was still confused about his pet. Many times Hankyung would show up at animal shelter helping him there or when his shift is about to end.They would take a walk then, talking about something or nothing at all…

Heechul kind of knew where all these things were going and a part of him was happy.He liked to be in other’s company .Hankyung was soft but subtle, shy but interesting and very much talkative when it comes to it, in all very much fun to be with. What was difficult was to get overall idea of what exactly was his intentions..was he just being friendly or he wanted more than that.

No matter how much he tried,Heechul couldn’t come to a conclusion. Hankyung was not giving any clear indications,and Heechul sometimes didn’t know how to be around other.His mind was getting crazy controlling all the flooding feelings.He was getting afraid of getting to much attached and then being left off..just like that.

“Well he can atleast tell me what’s going on his mind..just to be clear,nae Bummie?”He asked looking at the his cat sprawled on sofa,a bit frustrated by the all the thoughts running around his mind.

He didn’t get any response though, Heebum just yawned all ready for his nap.

Scowling , he concentrated on his work when the doorbell rang.Wondering  who might have decided to pay him a visit at this time, he opened the door without checking…well that was a mistake.He almost closed the door again seeing the face of his visitor, but he couldn’t because he froze.

Hankyung raised his brow looking at a wide eye Heechul and his overall look.

Heechul was frowning in his mind,cursing himself for choosing this very day for cleaning.Hankyung couldn’t see him like this..no..NO..oh well..it was late..but why?why today?

Seeing the face in front of him huffing and frowning , Hankyung couldn’t decide if he was welcomed there or not.

“Umm..I..I wanted to ..umm talk?”he started, waiting for Heechul’s reaction.

 It took a few seconds for Heechul to realize he was still standing at the door ,blocking his visitor.

“Oh..yeah..I was just…just..well come in please.”He said moving away  and  tried to make himself presentable when his visitor made it inside.

“Sorry I was just cleaning up the place.”He explained sheepishly.

Hankyung nodded looking around..yeah the place looked tidy and clean.He took a seat,extending his hand to scratch Heebum behind his ear.He smiled when the cat purred contently.

“Umm..I will take shower. It will take few minutes.Make yourself comfortable.”Heechul almost ran inside ,not even waiting for Hankyung’s response.

Hankyung laughed to himself looking at all the rush the slender man was in,guess he had caught him at wrong moment. But the man still appeared cute to him.

Going towards the fridge he tried to collect his thoughts once again. Though he had been thinking and was practicing of whatever he was going to say today, he was still scared and unsure about whether he could express it properly.It’s been some time now and he had to say it…confess…his love,his feelings,the flooding emotions and the pleasure it gave him.

He could sense it these days,Heechul’s confusion.Sometimes the way the delicate man looked at him ,trying to read his feelings,to understand the true meaning behind all of his visits and small talks…like he was eagerly waiting for something.

Hankyung sighned ,eagerly hoping that whatever he was thinking about other is true and the feeling is mutual.

He turned when he heard soft footsteps...Heechul smiled at him,patting his damp locks with a towel.The gentle fragrance of lavender with a tang of orange was refreshingly filling the environment.Hankyung unconsciously took a deep breath taking it all in ,suppressing a deep urge to hold the slender man into his arms and take in all the aroma ,feeling that dampned,extra soft skin against him.

“I..I..decided on a pet.”He blurted out.

 “Really?That’s great.So what is it?” Heechul paused ,brushing away his dampned locks from his eyes to take a good look at the fidgeting man in front of him.There was something different about him that day…The man looked determined somehow..could it be?

Hankyung realized just then that all his practicing had gone haywire,and he actually couldn’t think what he was supposed to say next.

“A cat?”he answered a little unsure about his path to confession,right then .

“A cat?That’s great.Well,You have finally decided after so much of thinking.Should we go now to get the one you like?”Heechul grinned,disposing his towel,so this was all  about a cat after all.

“Umm..yeah.but..There’s a problem.”Hankyung replied hesitantly.

“The cat..he actually ,already has an owner, umm… a master.”He stopped when the feline eyes in front of him narrowed.

“So I..actually have to get the permission of his master first.Actually,this master of his is the one who got my heart first,you see they are almost alike.”He continued,slowly taking steps towards the slender man,still looking at him confused.

“They both are adororably cute and highly interesting,I never got bored in their company.They are smart and affectionate but yeah,they both have their mood swings..heck I thought I would be getting scratches all over me if I would have said something stupid about the curry he made, especially for me that day.” He smiled watching as realization started to reflect in Heechul’s eyes as he spoke each word.

“Who ?The cat?”Heechul chuckled,frantically trying to calm his thumping heart ,which was ready to jump out of chest…He was finally hearing it…those words...He could finlly see it..the true feelings of this Chinese man in those eyes staring into his.

Hankyung let out a small laugh,biting his lower lip as he took the slender hand in his own. 

“I always wondered whether his touch would be as soft as his cat…I believed it is as tender,promising and soothing,making me assured that I am loved by someone .”He smiled,when he saw a deep shade of red covering the delicate features in front of him.

“I love everything about him,the way he talks getting excited on his own,the way he smiles turning from a small shy one to a crazy laughter,the way he tries to act not so cute around me,afraid that might show his true feelings but that’s even more cute you see.And did I tell you about those beautiful feline eyes which caputerd my heart in fractions of second?Well,they are enchanting.I never had thought  set of eyes could hold that much power.”

He paused,looking down at their now interwined hands.

“I..I am someone who won’t say a thing until I am very sure about my own feelings.These all feelings were new to me and made me very,very confused and I was afraid of loosing him if I would do or say something stupid.But in all of my confusion I..I failed to see it.The signs…the way those feline eyes followed my every move,the way they looked at me asking some mute questions,the way they lightened up when we were together happy and content…I”he paused,moving his hand to caress the soft cheek.

“Heechul ah,I am sorry.It took me so long to understand all this.I..This..everything..was new and wonderfully confu…”His words were arburptly swallowed by pair of plush lips pressed against his own.He  momentarily froze, not expecting the soft,tender touch but soon drowned into warmth and pleasure,sighning in content as both of them tried to pour all their feelings into that kiss.

“You talk too much...”Heechul whispered slowly ,as they finally broke away.He placed another chastle kiss before backing up to look at the man he had fallen hopelessly in love with.The man who was standing their with his eyes filled with love and promises.

“Are you trying to steal Bummie from me?”he asked,placing his hands around other’s neck,pulling him closer.How he loved to watch that shy smile adorning the handsome face.

“No I just want to share him…what I am trying to steal ,is your heart..that’s the only revenge I could think of, because you stole mine…probably at first sight.”Hankyung answered,placing a kiss on Heechul’s nose.

“Well,you succeded with flying colors,my shy Chinaman.”Heechul laughed as he gently bumped his foreheads on other’s.

****

“Heck, was I that obvious?”Hankyung asked after hearing Sungmin and Yesung’s tonts ,comments and ofcourse teasing about how he used behave around Heechul.

They were all gathered together to celebrate for the new couple.

“Aww,my poor Hannie.You guys don’t be so mean to him.”Heechul immediately came to his rescue,telling other boys to behave.

“Ahh,hyung..It’s not like that..It’s just, I am so smart and sharp to understand every move of yours that’s why..”Sungmin said getting too happy about his ‘skills’.

“Will you stop flattering yourself.”Yesung frowned, gaining a pout from small man.

“You were absolutely obvious and oblivious at the same time hyung…I mean,everything was right in front of your eyes..But still..”Yesung ,as  direct as he was conveyed his view.

Hankyung nodded,wondering how long both of them knew and accordingly started plans to help them.He was more than thankful to them.

“Aigoo,leave it all.It’s all done already..Hannie,I want a drink”Heechul whined looking at Hankyung,who immediately got up to get it,but soon Heechul decided to join him.

“Mission HanChul accomplished.”Sungmin shrieked happily,as he watched the couple making their way towards bar.

“HanChul?”Yesung queried.

“Yeah..I gave them that couple name..aww so cute.Am I a good cupid or what?I should find my next target now.”the small man grinned delighted.

“Hyung?”  Yesung’s steady stare on him confused him.

“You know…umm…for us, only your name is ..is sufficient..you know Sung-Min”Yesung said slowly.He eagerly waited for the response, looking at other’s thoughtful face.

“Ahhh..Yeah.. I never thought about it..Yesung and Sungmin…YeSungMin…Hyung,it’s funny nae?..Hmm but hyung,why would we join our names..that’s unnecessary nae..”Sungmin laughed sipping his drink.

Yesung scowled looking at this oblivious cupid.Guess he would have to try harder.

The newly formed couple attracted his attention.

Heechul was almost pouting as they talked about something and Hankyung had his shy smile on,as he nodded in agreement.

“Guess he already have him wrapped around his small finger.”Yesung talked gesturing at the couple.

“They look good together.I hope they always keep finding happiness in each other.”Sungmin said looking in their direction.Yesung nodded ,he had same thoughts.

“They sure will be…bet?”

--The End--


Yay..I finally finished it.I don't know why I thought this could be a oneshot :D

Thank u all for ur comments...Do let me know your views like always.

Next one will be a miniseries as well..I seriously think I can't write a one shot because I like prolonged and detailed stories and scenes more :)

But let's see...

Thank You