A Pet Store Love Story- Fourth meet-up

At First Sight

And there he was again, his eyes looking for someone.

Yesung gave a winning smile to Sungmin as he approached the Chinese man.

“Oh..It’s you again. How can I help you?”He asked politely.

Hankyung returned the smile but he kept on looking around hoping to see Heechul.

Yesung smiled inwardly.

“Hankyung sshi? Did you want some help for your birds?”he tried once again.

“Umm..I ..Yeah,right.I needed some help.”Hankyung answered; disappointed that he couldn’t find Heechul anywhere. May be he came at wrong time.

Yesung nodded politely, asking other about his query.

Hankyung listened as the younger male talked, listening to nothing actually. He had come to look for Heechul,but how should he say it?

“Will that be fine now?”Yesung asked when he finished explaining.

“Huh..?oh well yeah. I..I will go then. Thank you Yesung sshi.”Hankyung turned to leave. He had spent good 30 minutes there asking Yesung some clueless questions about birds, hoping that Heechul would come back from where ever he had gone but that didn’t happen. He suddenly felt  very frustrated.

“On Wednesdays, hyung volunteers for animal shelter near central park.” Sungmin pitched in, making Hankyung turn on his toes.

Yesung tried to keep a calm face, looking at the sudden bright smile on other’s face.

“Yeah,make sure you avoid Wednesdays next time.”He stated seriously.

“Huh? Oh yeah.”Hankyung smiled as he hurriedly made his way out.

“Awww..he is soo cute. I wonder when he will come back to meet hyung.”Sungmin shrieked.

 “Hmm..bet ? he is going there right now.”Yesung said smiling.

****

Hankyung watched him, filling in bowls of food near the entrance of the shelter. He hadn’t gotten down from the car, wondering what he would say if asked about why and how exactly he was there.

“I might say I was just passing by??”he talked to himself.

“Or,had some work here nearby,but what work would I have here…Aishhh”

Making his mind ,he got down; slowly walking towards where Heechul was standing.

“Heyy”He greeted softly, thinking of nothing for that moment.

The slender man looked up,his eyes widened in surprise seeing the Chinese man there all of sudden.

“Hey there, What are you doing here?”He asked.

“I came to volunteer..”He answered simply, lifting the filled bowls and making his way in.

Heechul stood there confused.

“Umm…In those cloths?”he asked looking at finally tailored suit.

Hankyung looked at himself for moment and then nodded.

“Wae??”he asked innocently.

Heechul smiled shaking his head.

“Aren’t you coming..let’s go already.”Hankyung said going in.

Together they worked, feeding, bathing cats and dogs. Brushing their hairs.Hankyung was mostly only following Heechul's lead.

This was all new to him, first time in his life, he was surrounded by more animals than people. All of them were looking at them with their tiny little eyes, trying to convey themselves in their own manner which he couldn't understand much. But it seemed Heechul could, he observed as the slender man talked with them and treated them as his any other friend. There was this strange special bond in them.

"You surely love animals."He commented later. They had decided to take a walk back.

Heechul just smiled.

"Yeah, they are cute and love you without much expectations. “he stated.

"All they need in return is some love and care, there are no other conditions. You can share all of your secrets with them , cuddle with them when you are lonely and down.In a way they are always there for you.."he added.

They kept on walking silently for some moments buried in their own thoughts.

"I always wondered that, the bond people share with their pets...their are no language barriers and just feelings which connects them."Hankyung talked looking lost in his thoughts.

"Its just like that.I guess we need someone to be there for us. People often have weird pets like snakes or spiders. It sounds scary, but that's how it is."Heechul explained.

"Ahh... by the way ,how are the birds? Coping up with you?"he asked.

Hankyung laughed softly.

"Yeah they are somehow. Though I can't be the best owner; I don't starve them. But can't give them enough time as well. But I guess they do try to welcome me whenever I come back to them, in their own way.it feels nice"he confessed. It surely felt nice and warm.

"Did you try to name them this time?"Heechul asked curiously.

Hankyung smiled.

"Honestly, I did try but nothing made sense so I asked Jun ah for help. “he said sheepishly.

"So what is it this time?”Heechul was curious which cartoon character's name would pop up.

"Popeye and Olive." Hankyung answered, making Heechul burst into laughter.

"That's nice. Seems they are doing fine within you"he said later.

"Even though. ..I always think they should be there."He pointed at the sky.

"Living freely as they wish.And not bounded by small cage or an apartment.."he completed, looking into deep void front of him.

Hankyung looked at other, he had never thought about it in this aspect. Surely no one likes to be bounded likely that.

"Come on, Since I had a very good time because of you I will treat you."he said trying to change the serious mood.

Heechul gave him a skeptical look.

"Aigoo, what good time? You hardly look like an animal lover and with those well tailored cloths of yours seems like you belong to rich circles.You could have surely done something nicer than working in animal shelter today."he commented.

Hankyung raised an eyebrow.

"Well,That was my time so I will be the one to decide how I felt today.It was one of my best experiences and it was because of you..so are you telling me how should I treat you or not?"he asked, almost dragging other with him…..

****

That was the least expected place he had thought they would be coming.

Seriously when he offered Heechul, he had thought they would end up in fancy restaurant or club....but here they were..in an Ice cream parlor.

He couldn't help but stare at that face looking at all the flavors. Heechul"s child like innocence and excitement made his heart flutter more.

"I seriously thought we would be taking proper coffee, drinks or dinner. But this.."he said looking at his cup. He didn't remember when he had last visited an ice cream parlor.

“Aigooo…didn’t I say you are much fitted for your rich circle..”Heechul commented rolling his eyes.

"This is much better and  looks soo yummy..Besides I was suppose to go home for dinner. I didn't leave anything for Bummie."he added all ready to attack his ice creams.

"My cat..His name is Heebum."he hurriedly explained further looking at Hankyung's questioning face as he took spoonful of ice cream into mouth.

"Yayyy...heaven"he almost squealed, his spoon in process.

"Ice cream...ice cream. Fresh fresh cream cream..Loving loving ice cream"he sang happily, making Hankyung all amused.

"Yah, , aren't you gonna eat it? Palli..it's melting"he said sensing that other was just staring at him.

Hankyung nodded absent mindedly wondering if his heart had melted in the process as well.