A Pet Store Love Story-Fifth Meet Up

At First Sight

"But hyung , when is your next date?"Sungmin asked once again. It had already been few days for that ice cream ‘date’.

"It wasn't a date Mini ah...a treat...it was a treat."Heechul tried to clarify. ..well

,once again for millionth time already.

"Ahh..hyung, wasn't it his way of taking you for a date? How can you be so dumb?"Sungmin surely was persistent.

Heechul chose to rather keep quiet. If it was something like that then how come Hankyung never tried to contact him after that day?

"Aigoo..how can you be still like this after he came all the way there just for you.That day he had come to look for you and later directly went to you."The younger male couldn't take other's silence very well,in  his view this was taking way to much time. Both of them looked like taking interest in one another but...the wheels were stuck there and no proceedings were happening.

"I wonder what is it ?May be he is just lonely and want some good company, looking how desperate he is for having pets."Heechul said, deep in thoughts.

"But hyung, the fact is, a man who has his face printed on cover of almost all leading business magazines is following you like a puppy..I mean isn't it too obvious?"Yesung joined in, stating his point.

"Hmmm..Sometimes...he really looks like a lost puppy to me."Heechul said sighing.

Sungmin pouted hearing those words from his hyung but something caught his eyes to brighten up his face.

"Ummm hyung, looks like your lost puppy found his way over here...once again."he whispered, glancing in the direction as the Chinese man made his way towards them.

Hankyung gave a smile particularly to Heechul as Sungmin welcomed him.

"Hankyung sshi you are here again.Looks like you have become fan of someone here...."he paused suppressing his smile because of expressions on Hankyung's face.

"Or...of our shop rather..talk about customer loyalty huh??.." he added in mischievous tone for which he earned a scary gaze from Heechul and an almost embarrassed smile from their customer.

"Hi...What brings you here? Need any help with Popeye and olive?"Heechul asked welcoming other.

"Ohh you named them that...so cute..How are they finding their new home?"Sungmin interrupted before other could answer.

"Actually I didn't. .and  umm..I don't have them anymore."The Chinese man spoke hesitantly earning all attention from his listeners.

The three of them were gaping at him.

"What? Did something happen? Or did you give them away as well?"Heechul was the first one to ask.

"No...actually I just ..kind of let them go.it seemed they liked open skies better than my apartment."Hankyung answered, trying to not t look at Heechul.

A soft smile came on Heechul's face, wasn't that his idea?

"Some pet lover you are… either you give them away or let them go..."Yesung commented.

No one talked for few moments,Hankyung was all silent thinking what should be said next, Heechul still had that knowing smile on his face.

"So Hankyung sshi...are you looking for a new pet now?..may be now that you are a bit experienced you can go with a cat or puppy?"Sungmin spoke first, breaking the awkward silence.

"I really don't know if I could handle it"Hankyung confessed.

"Ahh don't worry , I will show you some really friendly and good natured ones, they will get accustomed to you in no time."Sungmin insisted.

"Oh..yeah..but.."Hankyung looked at Heechul all confused, even if he wanted new pet, He wanted the slender man to help him to get one.

"Ahh,don't worry,these animals anyway like me better than hyung here..because I am so cute."Sungmin giggled, putting on his best aegyo.

While Hankyung stood amused, Heechul and Yesung chose to roll their eyes.It was nothing new to  them.

"Our Minni ah thinks his cuteness would do anything in this world...it's apparently is his biggest weapon. "Heechul scoffed.

"It is...and anyways these animals... they do like me better than you.I mean the way you handle Heebum sometimes...."Sungmin who was ready to throw some comment paused in between suddenly.

"That's right....Bummie..."he almost screamed looking at Hankyung and Heechul simultaneously, making them confused.

"Hankyung sshi...you are not sure if you can handle bigger responsibility like a cat or dog right??"he asked looking at Chinese man.

Hankyung just nodded.

"Then if you could experience it..like how it feels to have a cat ...that would help right?"he continued.

"Ummm..yeah I guess."Hankyung answered.

Heechul who had sensed where Sumgmin was getting ,made a very scary warning face...which got ignored.

"Great...our  Heechul hyung here...has veryy cute cat..you can totally visit his place and he can show you..hyung..he said it would help..."Sungmin said looking at Heechul.

Heechul smiled awkwardly; having all eyes on him.What should he say..??

Hankyung hadn't expected this...suddenly going to Heechul's place.

"Well yeah...if you want then you are welcome....I guess."Heechul answered finally.

Hankyung didn't react, he looked still skeptical.

"Yeah see...all sorted then..so get going now."Sungmin said almost pushing both of them.

"What? now?"Both of them screamed in unison.

"Yeah why not? it's anyways closing time so you can leave. And hyung,Hankyung sshi is a really busy person since he has time now why don't use it...?"Yesung came for Sungmin's help.

Heechul and Hankyung looked at each other and at the younger ones, who were giving them a broad smile.

"Yeah...umm.ok.."Heechul finally answered, leaving to get his stuff.

"You really like being cupid for people, don't you??"Yesung asked once both left.

Sungmin smiled happily.

"Yeahhh....they are so cute..blushing like that...ahh...don't you think I will look cute as a cupid?"he said looking at himself in the mirror.

Yesung rather avoided to get that image on his mind.

****

Hankyung still couldn't calm his mind as he drove. The idea of being in close proximity of Heechul was exciting and frightened at the same time.

He was still thinking about how exactly this situation turned up like this, as he stared out of the window.He hadn't expected it to be like it.Hankyung visiting his place and all...but wasn't it for helping him to get a new pet? Or have they become more than a pet shopkeeper and customer...it was all confusing.

He glanced at Hankyung, Yesung had a point.A successful man like him was showing this much interest in a simple man like him...but why was' t this man saying anything other than pets then ?

"Here take a right."he instructed.

Hankyung looked at the small building front of him.

"Sorry, it's nothing special."Heechul said leading the way.He wasn't sure if other was accustomed to go to places like these.

"It's warm here.."Hankyung smiled following him.

Heechul stopped at a door searching his pockets for key, still very nervous about whole situation.he absent mindedly fetched the key and put it in the lock when he realized it...His room was a mess.

He snapped at the side where Hankyung was standing, his face embarrassed.

“Please, could you wait here for a moment?”he asked hesitantly, earning a confused look from his visitor.

Giving a sheepish smile he slipped inside ,carefully closing door lightly behind him.Flipping lights on he could see the enormous jumble of cloths, utensils, papers, comics and many other things in front of him. He was never a tidy person.

Sighing, he quickly moved to make the place most presentable in few seconds that he had. Heebum came sensing his owner but he had no time to look at his cat. After running around the room for few seconds while throwing number of things here and there; he gave an approving look. He finally bent down and caressed Heebum who looked delighted by that simple gesture.

“We have a guest Bummie,be  good ok??”he whispered, before making his way towards door.

Hankyung was standing at the door silently. He actually welcomed this situation because his mind was getting anxious thinking of being in a single room with Heechul.Like this he could get control on his mind and on whole situation .The ruffling noises coming from inside were giving a clear picture of what was happening inside. Despite his state Hankyung couldn’t help but chuckle, a small smile found his lips.

Suddenly the door opened and Heechul was there with a little flustered smile on his face.

“Sorry about that.”He welcomed other opening the door wide.

Hankyung took a step inside but paused when he saw the grey furry creature meowing at him curled up at Heechul’s leg.

Heechul smiled , bending down and taking the cat in his hand.

“He is Heebum , He is welcoming you as well.” he said closing the door behind as they made it inside.

Hankyung was till staring at dark blue eyes bore on him. He wasn’t sure if it was a welcome.

“Come on, he is very friendly..It’s just you are a new face.”Heehcul said sensing his thoughts.

“Bummie..Say hello to Hankyung.”He said lifting his pet’s leg offering a friendly handshake.

Hankyung hesitantly moved his hand to touch the soft fur,he then caressed the the cat’s head gently,smiling when when Heebum purred in contentment.

“He likes that very much.” Heechul informed smiling, freeing his cat on floor. They both watched as the cat made his way towards his toys.

They stood watching Heebum like that for few seconds, both thinking what should be said next.

“So do you want to eat something, It’s almost dinner time.”Heechul offered, glancing at his kitchen thinking if he had anything decent to offer to his sudden guest.

“Ohh no I am ok..really.”Hankyung immediately denied gaining a chuckle from his host.

“I will prepare something quickly. Why don’t you grab something to drink from fridge and make yourself comfortable...may be play with Heebum for a while?”Heechul asked, but he made his way towards kitchen before Hankyung could protest further.

Sighing Hankyung looked around, the room was smaller than his apartment and hastily made. Heechul’s earlier efforts were apparent at some places. But it felt nice and cozy and not lonely as he many times felt in his huge 3 bedroom apartment.

He took sit from where he could observe Heebum, sipping his orange juice.The cat looked content with his pillow and playing with the fluffy corners. He watched him for some time , all the time thinking of going to Heechul . But he couldn’t because he was here to be with Heebum and not his master..right??.

He made his way towards the cat, caressing him once again thinking if he should go and help Heechul or at least watch him. This was the first time he was in other’s company alone  and he wanted to use every minute of it to be with other.

He the cat absent mindedly with all the thinking going on his background he hardly sensed the grey creature moving away from him. As if sensing his thoughts, Heebum had made his way towards kitchen. Beaming he followed the cat.

Heechul was moving around swiftly grabbing things from cabinets.           

“Umm,do you want to any help?”Hankyung asked trying to guess what exactly Heechul was up to.

“Naa,I can manage this much.”Heechul smiled before continuing with his work.

 “Don’t come in my way , Bummie. You will make me fall.”He scolded the cat who wanted to may be curl around his master’s leg as before.

“Does he..understands everything?”Hankyung asked wondering if the cat actually understood it.

“He does..They all do.Though they don’t understand the language they can I guess sense your emotions pretty nicely..If you are angry,happy,sad..”Heechul explained as he started chopping vegetables.

Heebum was curled up in one of the corner now, his claws. Not so away from Heechul but definitely not in his way.

Hankyung grinned all amused.

“Is he always this obedient and friendly?” he asked next earning a good laugh from Heechul.

“Oh no, he has his own tantrums, whenever I try to bath him or groom him in some manner .He is kind of moody as well. He doesn’t hesitate to use his claws then, fresh scratches must be still there on me somewhere. Otherwise he is a good boy, aren’t you Bummie??”Heechul laughed some more when Heebum meowed in agreement making Hankyung stare at him.

Heechul suddenly became conscious when he realized the stare on himself, he busied himself with knife and chopping board desperately hoping Hankyung wouldn’t realize the blush that had come on his face.

“It should be..should be ready in some time.” he said adding final lot of vegetables and stirring the curry,he glanced slightly to see a mysterious smile on Hankyung’s face. He quickly resumed his stirring when their eyes met.

“Where are the dishes, I will help you.”Hankyung offered, moving to look into cabinets before Heechul could say anything.

Heechul joined him at the table after giving Heebum his dinner.

“Sorry, there are very few side dishes. But help yourself.”He said picking up his own chopsticks.

But he was more interested in Hankyung’s reaction about his curry,after all he had worked so hard for it which was actually unusual. He and Kitchen and cooking…well that was one wrong equation.

Hankyung hadn’t expected the odd taste when he took bite of curry .Surely his host was not a great cook.He decided to swallow it down somehow ; when he caught those feline eyes on him oddly reminding him of Heebum’s earlier stare on him..judging him somehow.

He finally swallowed the food down, keeping a nice face hoping badly that his thoughts were not mirrored on his face. He opened his mouth to say something..

“It was umm..it was umm…”He searched his brain to find the “appropriate” word.

“DON’T...”

He heard Heechul, the big catty eyes had become narrow and a frown was forming on gorgeous face in front of him.

“Don’t you dare to say it tastes weird.”Heechul threatened, holding his chopstick as a sword in front of him.

The sudden outburst startled Hankyung first ,but he couldn’t help to laugh at Heechul ‘s “touchiness” in this subject.

“Yah…stop that..”Heechul frowned not actually succeeding to stop other from bursting into new fits of laughter.

Hankyung tried to control himself when he saw the frown turning into a pout,well that was cute..hell of cute and he could laugh his all life if he could see that pouty face like that.

“It just..just tastes…umm...different?”He managed to say before continue his laughing fit.He smiled contently when the pout started to turn into a small smile and tint of pink found the cheeks.

They managed to finish the dinner while Hankyung tried to make small conversations, making sure he asked something about Heebum now or then.

He insisted on doing dishes and started with it not caring about Heechul’s protest.

“You really shouldn’t I will take care of it.” Heechul was still adamant about it.

“I do it at my home, don’t worry much.”Hanlyung assured, which made other surprised.

“Really..??but isn’t…ummm..like don’t you have many servants there to do all of this?”

Hankyung smiled, he was really used to this question.

“No.I don’t need them,I spend very less time in my apartment anyways. I have always been doing things like cooking, cleaning on my own from start and I don’t see any reason to not to continue it now.” He answered.

Heechul nodded, still surprised though. From what Yesung had told him Hankyung’s business empire was huge, but he also remembered the other had started as a commoner and had reached this level. He liked that still very much down to earth attitude.

Seriously this man was confusing him, being so friendly and nice to him. Heechul was still not clear about other’s intention, was he overall a good person and was just needed his help or was this person is drawn towards him as well?

Sighing he took a seat at the dining table, keeping other company. They kept on talking about small things,while Hankyung did dishes.

He was about to finish last few of them when he realized it. Heechul had grown quiet. Hankyung turned around, concerned. A soft smile came on his lips looking at other.

Heechul had managed to curl himself on the chair he was sitting on,his head was resting on back of the chair. Hankyung stood there admiring content and peaceful expressions on that face, the long eye lashes were more prominently visible now,his soft locks hiding one of it.

Bending down, he gently brushed away the stray lock,going still when Heechul sighed contently and his plush lips moved muttering something incoherent. Hankyung hoped other won’t wake up that soon, because he was looking heavenly beautiful like that and Hankyung didn’t want this moment to end..not this soon.

Granting his wish, Heechul just curled himself more before going back into dreamland once again.Hankyung took a seat in front of him.He smiled slightly observing Heebum curled up similarly nearby before moving his attention back to slender figure in front of him.

His heart told him that he could sit like that forever before his brain had a chance to say that was stupid thought.It may be stupid,but..he still thought about it.

And then, somehow he it dawned upon him... the thoughts which had confused him.. the truth which was always there…he came to know about it as he stared at other in daze…it hit him like a lightening…

He was head over heels in love…


Sorry took me forever to update...but next one is the final chater.

The confession....finally..

I m still writing it though..

Anyways,Thanks for reading :)