A Pet Store Love Story- The Second meet-up

At First Sight

Hankyung didn’t get a chance to visit the pet shop ,after that day when he had to leave after receiving a call about an urgent meeting. But he still couldn’t forget those feline eyes staring back at him and that bright smile. The welcoming smile kept on appearing in his thoughts as he worked, sometimes making him unable to concentrate. What was so special about it? He couldn’t make out.

Still thinking about same,he made his way to the pet shop, partly because he wanted a pet didn’t he?And also because he wanted to find about that pretty face…well just because you know.

He bent to glance at the fishes in fish tank, hoping to find those eyes on him once again but that was stupid right?He realized it as he made his way towards entrance. The shop was huge, and the elderly person who looked like an owner gave him a kind smile.

“Sungmin ah,Please take care of this handsome fellow here. ”he called at someone.

Hankyung bowed slightly at him. Hoping to see the same face from that day ,he eagerly waited for this person to come..to smile at him just like that day…beautifully and brightly.

He indeed saw a bright and beautiful smile but it wasn’t the same one. It was a shorter male who greeted him.

“Welcome, I am Sungmin. How should I help you?”The man asked.

A bit disappointed, Hankyung looked around. But it was of no use, that face..that man were nowhere to be seen.

“Are you here to get a new pet? Or some accessories? Some pet food may be?We have a variety of them.”Sungmin  said, trying to help his customer. Right now the person looked cluless, looking around the shop like that.

Hankyung didn’t respond, he just kept looking around in a hope to find that face. His gaze steadied on a slender figure coming from inner room ,their eyes met when other looked up.

Heechul thought he would drop the basket of cat food when he suddenly found that same handsome face staring back at him. He stopped on his track, holding the basket tightly.

Sungmin who was observing this scene whole time gave a suspicious look to Heechul, and then to Hankyung again.Was this the same person Heechul kept rambling to him from last few days? Well he needed to find out.

“Hyung, why don’t you take over ?.I will take care of these.”he said giving a final smile to Hankyung,as he went to get the basket from Heechul. He gave a knowing look to Heechul who right now looked all flustered.

Gaining his composure Heechul went to the man, one he was hoping to come for days now.

“Ummm,Hello.My name is Heechul. How can I help you?”He asked bowing slightly.

“Heechul…”Hankyung whispered, finally able to find the name for the face.

Heechul gave his bright smile, the one Hankyung came looking for.

“You looked interested in fishes. Would you like to see some? Or anything else?”Heechul asked.

“Umm..I am looking for a pet..But..I am not sure.”Hankyung answered honestly. The sole purpose of his second visit was seeing this man in front of him, to be very honest to his heart.

“I see,Well..Then why don’t we take a tour of the shop.May be you can decide it then.”Heechul suggested, guiding Hankyung for the way.

For next several minutes, Hankyung listened  Heechul’s talk, visiting every room where small, cute animals were waiting for their new homes, looking at them with those tiny eyes. Hankyung loved how Heechul talk about them, there was so much affection in it. He guessed the slender man actually loved working here and animals.

Hankyung never knew so many things are required for maintaining a pet. Varieties of food, vitamins, cloths, boots…whew…there were so much stuff.

“Wow..There are so many things.”Hankyung said all astonished.

“It must be hard to maintain. To look at all these animals. ”he added looking around.

“Yeah it is,but our owner aajushi ,he loves animals.He stays just upstairs with his family who  takes care of all  animals most of the time.”Heechul explained.

“So,have you decided on something?”he asked at the end of the tour.

Hankyung gave a sheepish smile. He hadn’t actually. He had spent most of the time observing Heechul and thinking about him rather than which pet he would like to have.

“I really don’t know.But I think I might not able to take much responsibility. Since I am not used to be with someone and all.”He finally answered.

Heechul let out a laugh.

“It’s not that hard at all. Animals specially know how much you love them by our smallest action.A simple touch would do.They don’t ask for much. Well,ok..umm..Since you don’t want to do much I would suggest to get a fish.”He added, guiding Hankyung towards tanks.

“You don’t have to do much here ,don’t have to train them and all.Just feed them and keep their home clean and They won’t come in your way at all.”he finished laughing.

Hankyung nodded, as Heechul suggested different kinds of fish. Finally they settled on pair of gold fishes.

“Here…Just put them in this bowl once you reach home make sure you feed them properly.”Heechul instructed, handling him all the things.

Hankyung looked at the fishes in the plastic pouch once and the smile he came looking for again.

“I have given you supply for few weeks. Do visit our shop again for more food supplies.”Heechul said smiling, finishing the billing formalities.

“Yeah,I will.”Hankyung replied. He most definitely would.

“Thank you”Heechul bowed. He watched as the man made his way towards the exit. He was not sure when he would see this face again. Damn,he didn’t even ask his name. But how could he , here he was just his customer.

Hankyung paused ,he just couldn’t leave like that. He turned to find those feline eyes still on him.

“Hankyung..my name is Hankyung.I will definitely visit again.”he said.

He watched as a sparkling smile came on Heechul’s face, dazzling him completely.

“Thank you Hankyung sshi.”Heechul bowed once again.

Finally leaving the shop feeling like shy, nervous ..fully flustered school girl ,Hankyung giddily made his way towards his car. This feeling was new to him, he always felt confident in every step he took till now in his life. No major or critical situations in his life made him feel like this. Then what was this?

He placed the bowl on his desk,looking at those fishes as they moved around swiftly.

“This is your new home. I hope you will like it. But don’t run around much.”He laughed as watched them, thinking about Heechul in process.

****

 “Hyung…so what’s cooking there?”Sungmin had rushed to Heechul, unable to resist his curiosity.

The earlier scene which he had observed wow..he could totally sense a strong connection between these two.

“Don’t fly with your imaginations, Minnie ah.”Heechul scolded the younger.

“But hyung,he wanted just you.He kept looking all around for you,not listening to a word I was saying .Hyung..may be..”

“Stop it will you?I don’t even know when he will come back or if he will be back. There is no meaning in thinking in that way.”Heechul said trying to be calm.

To be frank,he couldn’t stop himself from jumping around. He was that happy, the man..no Hankyung had said he will come again in such a tone…that felt like a …promise..almost.

“But you know his name…and he was quite cute..Ahhh.I wish he visits soon.”Sungmin said dreamily, hoping to see a love story unfold in front of his eyes.

“You look ridiculously dumb when you stand like that with that smile on your face.”Yesung commented, looking at short man who was staring somewhere dreamily, with a wide smile plastered on his face.

“Hyunggg…You are very unromantic.”Sungmin pouted.

“The whole point is that man should visit again, so we have to just wait.”Yesung suggested joining their conversation.

Wait…Hmmm…Guess Heechul could just do that.