A Pet Store Love Story- The Third meet-up

At First Sight

It was a little after two weeks, when Hankyung found his way towards pet shop once again.He was excited and nervous at the same time.

Heechul looked highly surprised to see him again this early, but he was way too much happy he could see that face.

“Welcome. You are here again. But I had packed supplies for a month I guess.”He said greeting other,he wanted to know the real reason for this Chinese man’s early visit.Was this man feeling same as him?

“Ummm..That ..I” Hankyung tried to form a sentence. Smacking himself mentally for his inability .Bidding for a major contract felt simpler than this.

Heechul smiled.

“How are your pets? Are they doing good in their new home?”He asked.

“Ummm…yeah..Actually they are. Their new home..I kind of gave them away.”Hankyung said sheepishly, rubbing back of his neck in process.

“You did??” Heechul gave him a surprised look. Someone who couldn’t take care of two fishes for two weeks also...Hmmm.

“Yeah. There is this little girl who is my neighbor. I actually didn’t know when they moved in,because I was always busy. She came with her appa one day for some business .And she stuck to that fish bowl. While we talked business ,Jun ah played with them.”Hankyung explained.

“Then she kept on coming to my apartment. She even named them Donald and Daisy saying they were here favorite cartoons characters. She used to sit and play with them all day long and used to cry when her parents used to come to take her home. So I just  decided to gift them to her. She was taking care of them the whole time anyways..So..”He paused, smiling.

“Hmm..So you made a new friend in the process.”Heechul commented.

“Yup,I never knew I liked children. I never really interacted with them before.”Hankyung stated.

“Well,I am not very fond of them. But most of them are most innocent and caring towards their pet. That’s why she even named them, to make them one of us .But that’s common actually. Didn’t you ever think of naming them Hankyung sshi?” Heechul asked.

Hankyung shook his head. It had never occurred to him actually.

“It should have been right?”he asked innocently.

Heechul laughed. Guess this new pet lover had so many things to learn yet.

“So what do we do now?Do you want to try another pet?or some fishes again?”He asked.

“Or..you can try tortoises as well.Small ones would be fine,you can watch them grow .And the live a long life.”He suggested.

“Yesung shhi here, has three of them. They have funny names one we can’t pronounce sometimes. Our Sunggie loves them..but they run away from him most of the time.”he whispered the last part.

“Heard that,hyung.”Yesung almost immediately yelled from other corner.

“It’s because you scare them with your creepy looks…”Heechul shouted back, bursting into laugh.

A soft smile came on Hankyung’s lips as he watched other getting red by laughing so hard. When was it? When was he had laughed this hard? And felt so alive and nice.He thought being with this person might help…it will be a lot nicer.

“Anyways, your pet..what do you think?”Heechul asked after recovering.

Yeah..pet..Hankyung looked around. A pet..a pet..he had already tried fishes, a cat or dog sounded like big responsibility. He paused in birds section. Tiny, colorful  ones singing sweetly.

“I want one of them.”He said pointing at them.

“Ohh..You want to try birds? But you can’t have just one they are love birds. They come in pairs.” Heechul explained .

Lovebirds, Yeah Hankyung had heard about them.

“They are social and affectionate. You will love them. But they make noise most of the time. If you are ok with it.”

“Umm, That won’t be a problem.”Hankyung assured.

With small bird cage in his hand he once again stood at the door as Heechul bathed him with number of instructions, precautions he had to take .He watched other as he talked,thinking what should be done next. May be he could ask about number?Saying he would call if he needed any help…but that sounded so cheesy..then should he be bold and tell him about his feelings, but is this a right time and place?…Aishhh..

“Hankyung sshi..?”Heechul asked worriedly, looking at troubled expressions on other’s face.

“Is it too much for you? Will you be ok?”he added.

“Oh..yeah..I will be fine.I will be going then.”Hankyung smiled, leaving quickly. He didn’t want to show his frustration on his face. Just why couldn’t he say it?

Heechul’s smile fade as Hankyung left, He had wished the man would say something more. Other than pets and all. May be ask his number making some stupid excuse or something else.But, why blame him he also didn’t have nerve to do anything. But that’s because he wasn’t sure about other’s feelings? What were they? Same as his? But he had come back like he had promised.

“Three weeks..”Sungmin said.

“Two..bet?He will come back within just two weeks..”Yesung stated, smiling.