Sleepless night~

Your Love Is Off The Chain

Junmyun hyung! Junmyun Hyung! Take my hand, Hyung! Quickly. Take my hand, you are falling! Hyung, pull yourself higher, please! Hyung! Hyung take my hand, take my hand please!


"Hyung! Junmyun hyung!" A faint scream comes out of Junmyun's mouth but no sound could be heard. He falls down, into a hole that is  so deep and dark. He cries, asking for help but no one can hear his screams. His throat is so dry and he is so tired. He wants to sleep. feeling lifeless.



Everything is white. There is a light right above his head. The light is so bright that his can't open his eyes so he blinks. Several times.


Junmyun opens his eyes again. The smell is too much for him. It makes his head dizzy. He is in a hospital, laying on a bed. He realizes this after a few moments.


He tries to turn his head but it's heavy and he feels so weak inside.The feeling of being numb frustrates him.


"Junmyun! You finally woke up!" Said Jongdae. His face is mixed of worry and fright. He seems uncertain about many things. "Can you hear me, Junmyun?" He asked again, getting closer to the edge of bed.


Junmyun finds it difficult to even move his head for a nod but he slowly nods while closing his tired eyes. It feels like forever.


"How . .  . " He tried to speak up but Jongdae hushes him, touching Junmyun's soft cheeks and then slowly putting his palm on his shoulder. "Just rest." Jongdae tries to fix the covers on Junmyun, giving a reassuring pat on his arm.

 



Jongdae has been waiting for thirty minutes outside of his home. It was raining slowly and he was wondering why Junmyun doesn't pick up. Eventually, he took a taxi to Junmyun's place but once he arrived, there was an ambulance near the parking lot. He just felt something is wrong so he started to run and there, he witnesses two nurses carrying a lifeless figure which appeared to be Junmyun.

 



Jongdae looked at him, swallowing. He wonders. What happened. He talked to some police officer outside of the room. Junmyun closed his eyes, remembeing how he tried to grab the bars but his head hit something and he fell hard on the ground and then darkness  . . .



A part of Junmyun's head is covered by bandage and there are briuses on his arms and legs as well as sharp pains on his hips and lower back whenever he tries to move.


"The Ahjussi called for police. He gave the CCTV footage as well and it's under investigation. I told them that you don't feel good right now and-


"Drop it!" Junmyun said, staring at somewhere. This made Jongdae to blink in disbelief.


"What? But why? Do you- . . .  know them? I mean unless you know them that you are willing to let this go?"



What is your relationship with Byun Baekhyun?


Seriously, can you leave him alone?
 


"I don't!" He swallowed, his dry lip.


Jongdae sighed. "Baekhyun's mother is out! Do you wanna see her?" Junmyun nodded slightly, taking a deep breath.


Baekhyun's mother came inside of the room. She looked so worried, not even sitting. "What happened Junmyun-ah? I was so scared because you wouldn't answer. I just heard from Ahjussi . . . Who are they? Gosh, I need to call Baekhyun!"


"No! Please don't." Junmyun spoke up as soon as he heard the name. "Please don't make him worried. He is busy after all!"


"What? Oh dear . . . No matter how busy he is, he needs to know what has happened to you. You two are more than just close friends! You two are brothers if anything-


-Brothers- Right! Junmyun wants to laugh and cry at the same time. What kind of brother he is supposed to be? He is nothing but a stupid lover. He closed his eyes over this bitter truth.


In the end, he doesn't let her to call Baekhyun and tells her to go home because Jongdae is there anyway.


After Baekhyun's mother left the room, Jongdae comes inside, smiling.


"You are damn stubborn, you know?" He pours water into a glass, helping Junmyun to sit and then puts extra pillow behind his back and head. "You have been in many incidents before that I'm afraid you would break before you turn thirty!" Junmyun put the glass back, rolling his eyes.


"Today- . . . " Jongdae starts carefully. "I called Seohyun to come along! Poor girl . . . called me several times and I said something happened that we can't come. She was considerate enough not to get mad!" Jongdae sighs.


"You didn't tell anything about that before!" Junmyun crossed his arms, giving this look at Jongdae but then whines as he felt pain.


"How could I? You are always trying to change the subject when I bring her name!"


"Go date her if you like her." Junmyun said simply but Jondae shook his head


"You two look better together, besides . . . She likes you, not me." Jongdae smiled.


Junmyun doesn't say anything. It's still rainy outside and the window is all blurry.

 




Days later, Junmyun gets discharged and Jongdae is there the whole time. Even if Junmyun tells him that he can take care of himself, Jongdae refuses, coming all along to Junmyun's house.

Jongdae looked around the living room, as if searching for something. He saw a picture of Junmyun and Baekhyun "hugging" next to TV case and then noticed some other childhood pictures as well as family ones. He laughed but not loud enough while Junmyun was changing his clothes in his room.

 


"I think I can see how precious he is to you!" Jongdae said as Junmyun sat on a cough, leaning back. He had a headache.

He slowly nodded as he looked at the picture. "He has always been precious to me!" Junmyun said as if fixing the phrase.


"You are such a over-protective hyung!" Jongdae nodded as he said this. Junmyun agrees. He is over-protective over Baekhyun.

He was there when Baekhyun first went to school. He encouraged Baekhyun to register for Hapkido class. He wanted Baekhyun to take care of himself while he himself was not around. The idea that Baekhyun grew up so fast while it felt like yesterday that he was celebrating his 16th birthday was crossing Junmyun's mind. Baekhyun was just this adorable and cute younger brother of him but now he was even one meter or two taller than Junmyun. There was almost nothing in Baekhyun's life that Junmyun didn't know of. He sighed.


"Don't you think it's time to let him go? He is an adult now. He doesn't need you to take care of him anymore! You need to take care of yourself in the first place!" Said Jongdae, sitting next to Junmyun, slowing and carefully massaging his shoulders. He then asked Junmyun to lay back so that he can massage his legs as well. It felt so good.



Junmyun was tired. Tired of always being worried. He thought that he had no life to get lietally. Even now, he was thinking about what Baekhyun is doing rather than himself.
 

 



Kyungsoo woke up in the middle of night. He couldn't go back to sleep no matter how much he tried, turning back and forth on his bed. So he thought he could make something to eat for morning. He slowly opened the door, careful that Jongin wouldn't wake up.


One of the lights in the kitchen was on and a chilly wind was coming through the balcony. He approached fast to close the door but he noticed a figure sitting on a comfty chair out there.


"Baekhyun?" He called, stepping in the balcony. Baekhyun looked up, smiling weakly. "Why are you awake, Baekhyun-ah?" He asked, rubbing his arms.


"I couldn't sleep!" Baekhyun said, arms wrapped around his legs.


"Are you still worried for Junmyun hyung?" Kyungsoo leaned on the chair's arm, supporting his weight. Baekhyun nodded, swallowing.


"Most of all, I miss him!" He spoke up after a moment of silence. "Ooh!" Kyungsoo looked at him.

"He- . . . it's hard not to think about him at all!" Kyungsoo wasn't sure what Baekhyun was trying to say. He didn't ask either.


"You- might think we are just best friends since forever. But I- . . . can't deny the feelings I have for him!" Baekhyun looked away, Kyungsoo's eyes were looking into his soul.


"I could guess!" Kyungsoo said, smiling. "From the moment, you mentioned his name. I saw that sparkle in your eyes, Baekhyun-ah!"


"Really?" Baekhyun rubbed his neck in embarrassment. "Am I that obvious?"


"When you are with him, you are literally a happy puppy!" Kyungsoo patted Baekhyun's shoulder. "I can say that you love him so much." Baekhyun sighed.


"I tried to run away!" Baekhyun stared at somewhere far. "I just can't run away from my feelings so I tried to run away from him. But- . . .  Whenever he shows up out of nowhere, I'm just- . . . ugh! I feel like I'm an idiot!"


"No! This shows you are in love!" Kyungsoo stood up, looking at the sky. "Whatever happened to your supposedly stalker?" Kyungsoo asked carefully, his back was still facing Baekhyun.


"I don't know! No more notes this week." Kyungsoo smiled to himself. He turned around after awhile. "Well, that's good!" He said, slowly walking away. He then stopped once he approached the door, looking at Baekhyun's figure. "Maybe that person just gave up!" With that he went inside, missing the look on Baekhyun's face.