Heart-broken

Your Love Is Off The Chain
 
Baekhyun was nervously looking into the mirror for the last time before taking a deep breath.
 
Finally the much anticipated day had come. The day which he practiced hard for, shed tears, sweat and blood. Today was the day that they will be holding debut showcase.
 
In the backstage, the rest were busy getting their make-up, outfit checked. Kyungsoo was checking his microphone multiple times. He pointed at Baekhyun and gave him his microphone with a smile. 
 
"Let's do wel!" Kyungsoo said, giving Baekhyun an encouraging smile. He knew the boy was nervous and so was he, maybe even more nervous. He turned his head meeting Sehun's eyes. It was a short eye contact but he could feel that the maknae was also nervous yet excited.
Jongin and Yixing, on the other hand were the most confident. They stood near the door laughing and practicing some moves which they were about to showcase soon on stage.
 
 
 
An hour for showcase including two duet songs, two solo songs, Yixing vs Sehun dance duet, Sehun vs Jongin dance duet, Yixing solo dance and finally Jongin's solo dance was decided to for the showcase.
 
The arena was already filled with 3500 fans and their loud cheering could be heard clearly giving Baekhyun goosebumps from it. 
 
Watching the stage from a huge monitor in backstage, Baekhyun could feel his heart beat faster and faster. He drank water for several times, his hand shaking badly enough that Kyungsoo started to approach him in concern.
 
"Hey! Are you ready?" He smiled, trying to hide his own nervousness.
 
"I . . . am!" Baekhyun swallowed, not looking at Kyungsoo. He cursed under his breath secretly because earlier his confidence was high but it dropped the moment he started to realize that they are going to be on stage soon.
 
 
"Guys! Hurry up guys!" A staff shouted from the end of backstage, making the two to walk quickly as soon as they noticed him.
 
"Okay! Sehun and Jongin's part is about to end! Do well. Fighting!" The manager gathered them. Baekhyun looked at Yixing whom eyes were literally shining. "It's your time!"
 
"Fighting Baekhyun! Fighting Kyungsoo!" Yixing said while clapping. "Do well!" Kyungsoo nodded before going up stage follwed by Baekhyun.
 
 
 
The moment Baekhyun stood on stage, everywhere was still dark, their names were shown on the big screen behind them, earning huge screams from the audience. He took a long breath before the lights focus on the stage. On them. On him.
 
The two slowly came on the main stage with the music playing. A short look and Kyungsoo started to sing what was supposed to be their first single named "What is Love." The song they have been practicing hard in order to show a perfect performance and harmony.
 
Perhaps it was his imagination but as Baekhyun looked through the fans, in the sea of unkown faces he could see a familiar face. He bit his lower lip, fixing his headphone as his grip became thighter around the microphone.
 
His dry throat started to hurt the moment he started to sing but somehow it became bearable as he looked at the familiar face. A very soft, angel-like  face was proudly looking at him. He couldn't hear anything from fans who were screaming on top of their lungs. His eyes were looking for the sweet face of Junmyun in the crowed. 
 
He felt a source of power and hope through those eyes. It was like Baekhyun was all alone with his partner, that is Kyungsoo, singing this song for Junmyun, performing for him only. He had no more fear to show what he has got, taking those high notes with all the emotion he could show. 
 
 
 
The next stage with the two, they performed a part of their second single "Angel."
 
This time, Baekhyun couldn't find those eyes anymore no matter how much he tried to find them among this crowed. His mind went all blank to the point he somehow skipped small part of the lyrics earning a look from Kyungsoo but he was lucky to go by the melody fast enough and get saved for the rest of performance by Kyungsoo singing his part.
 
 
 
"!" was the first word that Baekhyun uttered after they came back off stage! Disappointment was all he felt at the moment.
 
"Hey, you did well! No one really noticed!" Kyungsoo said from behind, getting close to Baekhyun who was drinking water, angerily.
 
"My mind went all blank suddenly!" Baekhyun's head dropped as he sat on a chair. Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun, opening his mouth for a moment before looking away as if he knew something but decided to stay silent.
 
 
 
By the time the showcase finished, the manager approached the team hugging them one by one. "You guys did really well!" He clapped multiple times, making the rest of staff to clap as well. "By the way Baekhyun! You come with me!" The managered nodded, slowly walking away.
 
 
Baekhyun, without any word, started to follow the manager in the backstage. Jongin and Sehun looked at each other awkwardly while Yixing was silent. Kyungsoo slowly started to follow Baekhyun's direction earning a look from Jongin.
 
"He said Baekhyun!" Jonging grabbed Kyungsoo's arm, standing in front of him.
 
"We are a team!" Kyungsoo passed Jongin not caring. It made Jongin smirk in annoyance eyeing Kyungsoo from behind. 
 
 
 
"Baekhyun! You did well today!" The manager said as Baekhyun stood beside the door. "But next time, focus more on what you are singing! It doesn't make sense to skip a part of lyrics, you know?" Baekhyun only nodded. 
 
"Look at me, Baekhyun!" The manager said making Baekhyun nervous. He looked up, facing the manager. Kyungsoo came inside slowly.
 
"You have a special guest in changing room! Go figure." He said smiling at Baekhyun, nodding at him to leave as his eyes went on Kyungsoo. 
 
"Yes, manager hyung!" Baekhyun walked away, leaving Kyungsoo and manager alone.
 
 
Baekhyun walked towards the changing room which was one of the rooms in the back of  backstage. He looked at the door befor knocking at it and opening it slowly.
 
"Jun . . . Myun hyung!" Baekhyun called the name as his mouth became wide open in surprise. Junmnyun was smiling at him as he stood up.
 
"The stage was amazing! I enjoyed it a lot." Junmyun approached Baekhyun. "Why are you looking at me like this?"
 
"It's just . . . I didn't think you would want to come!" Baekhyun said nervously, hating his way of syaing it immediately.
 
"Are you that surprised?" Junmyun put his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders, smiling. Baekhyun swallowed, trying to stay still without making it awkward but he failed miserably, getting stiff under the touch of Junmyun's magical hands. "I'm here to support my best friend!"
 
Baekhyun nodded somehow feeling relieved that Junmyun was here today. Being here for him.
 
"You look so cool on stage, Baekhyun-ah! I felt like screaming but it would make me embarrassed being between all of the girls around me." Baekhyun laughed at what Junmyun said, finally hugging him. The warm hug that Baekhyun never wanted to break apart from it. He felt miserable for thinking that way because no matter what Junmyun would never love him the way he ever wanted. That's what he was thinking Junmyun patted his back.
 
A knock on the door and a low sound like cough from someone could be heard, making the two to look at the door's direction. Kyungsoo was next to the door awkwardly smiling. "Sorry, I just wanted to say hi." Junmyun nodded, smiling at Kyungsoo as he gave him a thumbs-up for today.
 
 
 
 
The duet group released their single "Angel" three days after the showcase. The reaction was not much but still good for a newbie due specially since  the public still knew nothing about them. 
 
 
The promotions on music shows was scheduled. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo being in charge of singing while Jongin, Sehun and Yixing were in charge of the choreography joinging the two on the stages.
 
 
 
Being from SM, a very well-known company in Korea was a positive point for them. The number of fans was increasing per hour literally.
 
Most of them were curious about this due group. Five handsome and good-looking guy from one of the the biggest companies, pretty much having fans was a given. 
 
 
The company knew how to promote them. Going to multiple radio shows, dance shows and other shows as special guest and soon the round of fan-singings were on the way.
 
 
 
It was one early morning that Baekhyun woke up by himself. That day they had no schedule and could rest for the whole day.
 
Baekhyun noticed there was no note hanging on the front door today. Weird enough, he just closed the door. He expected the same cheesy, lovey dovey notes with the same smell and paper.
 
He rubbed his left eye entering the bathroom but the moment he stepped inside he was taken aback by what he just saw.
 
Sehun was sitting on Jongin's laps, hugging him tightly as if his life was depended on it. Jongin looked at the door from Sehun's head and he awkwardly let Sehun stand up. Sehun looked at the direction but he just looked away immediately, avoiding Baekhyun's eyes. From their swollen lips and Sehun's red cheeks, it wouldn't take one to think much what was going on.
 
 
"I . . . " Baekhyun was surprised enough that he didn't know what to say. He just awkwardly looked away, leaving the place. He even bumped into Kyungsoo but he was too afraid  to say anything.
 
Baekhyun locked his room's door as soon as he went inside. His heart was beating fast and he didn't even know why. He wasn't sure if it was the thought of seeing the two being intimate like that and their possible relationship or . . . he sighed, feeling all confused. 
 
 
He could never thought that Sehun and Jongin might have something going on between them. From the very first time, he saw the two arguing over every little thing and at times Jongin was totally annoyed and pissed at Sehun as if wanting to kill that boy.
 
"Could be that cat fights made them close?" Baekhyun thought, wrapping arms around his legs, pulling them close. "Ugh! Why did I even go to bathroom? Must have gone to bed straightly, damn!" He cursed at his luck, laying back on his bed.
 
 
Realizing that he has not seen Junmyun since showcase, deep inside his heart felt so heavy suddenly. "Junmyun!' He sobbed. "Junmyun I miss you!" Baekhyun whispered to no one. A part of the pillow got wet by the hot tears of him. "Junmyun!" He closed his eyes, letting more tears to come. "Why is it that hard to forget about you? Why is it that hard to run away from you Junmyun? It hurts. it hurts so much."