Two Can Play A Game

Give Up Your Heart - (HIATUS)

I smiled, getting off the bus. I had been looking forward to this day for so long.

I walked the streets until I found the door I wanted. I took a deep breath and smiled. It was time. I knocked on the door, grinning widely. I couldn’t wait to see my monkey boy step-brother. After 10 seconds, the door opened to reveal Dongwoo, my handsome-as-ever step-brother. We were really close; he was more like a best friend to me than a brother. At first, I had been really nervous and shy. I thought “What if he was horrible and mean?” but he was sweet and caring. Even after 8 years, he was amazing to me. He promised to let me visit every year. I usually didn’t stay for long, only a couple of weeks. However, 3 years ago, he debuted with a band. Since then, he’s been too busy for me to visit. Finally, he has found time before their comeback and he asked his management to let me stay. He had told me their names and shown me pictures. I just hoped they’d treat me well. “Yoonji!!” Dongwoo cried, pulling me into a tight hug.

“Ooft. I can’t breathe Dongie!” he apologised and let go. He was grinning his same old lovable grin.

“Have you been watching us and supporting us?” he asked. Partly, I thought to myself.

Because I was busy working in a hotel at the time, so I was too busy to watch their shows. However, I always found time to listen to their stuff. I even listened to Infinite H just to hear my step-brother. I was so proud of him for achieving his dreams. I always told him this over phone. “I don’t have time to watch but I do listen to your music!” I admitted.

“Aaaand, who’s your bias?” he asked, tickling me. I giggled. He knew where I was most ticklish.

“You, oppa, of course!” I told him. He laughed, grabbing my small suitcase and taking it inside.

I followed him inside and heard voices shouting, cooing and rapping. I raised an eyebrow. Dongwoo sighed. “Sungyeol and Sungjong arguing… again, Sunggyu cooing over Woohyun, he’s probably throwing hearts to him, and Hoya’s rapping our ‘Without You’. I nodded.

“I love that song!” I cooed. He laughed, surprised at my sudden fangirl moment I just had.

I blushed. “M-mianhe.” I apologised. Dongwoo placed down my mini suitcase in the guest room.

“I’m going to move my stuff in here later, I want to stay here with you just to keep you… safe.”

“Why would I need to be safe here? Are the guys criminals or something?” I joked.

“Well at times they can be a bit lively, and you know I’m protective over my baby sister,”

I rolled my eyes. “Yah! I’m not a baby!” I complained, folding my arms and pouting.

“You look cute like that, I’m sorry, now I’ll let you unpack for a bit, as I don’t want to know what’s in that bag!” he stared at my overnight bag, blushing. I smirked. In it was makeup and a toothbrush.

He closed the door behind him and I slumped on the bed, opening my overnight bag and getting up to neatly arrange everything in the bathroom. I then moved on my suitcase. I arranged my clothes neatly in the drawers and wardrobe. I made sure to put shoes at the bottom. Yes, I had to have different types of clothes in certain places. It’s just how I am really. I sighed and flopped on the bed that I was using. (Or more likely claimed, tehe) Maybe I should meet the others. But what if they want alone time? Don’t they have enough though? I puffed out my cheeks, thinking of what to do. Ah, eotteokhae? I groaned in frustration. Suddenly, the door opened. In stepped a cute looking guy. “Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted.

He chuckled. “Annyeong, Yoonji, I’ve heard a lot about you,” he said, showing a warm smile.

“Ah, I recognise you as Hoya, my Dongie already made sure I knew who was who!” I boasted.

“Well, I just wanted to check on you as you have not yet joined us for dinner,” he frowned.

I gasped. “Oh! It’s dinner time already? Why didn’t Dongie call me? Geesh that boy,” I muttered.

Hoya raised an eyebrow and laughed. I shot a playful glare at him. “Let’s go then!” he suggested.

I already liked him, he was calm and caring. I walked with him. Dongwoo was laughing to himself. “Yah! Jang Dongwoo!” I yelled. They all looked up at me. Dongwoo looked at me like ‘uh-oh’. I felt my cheeks flush at my outburst. “You could have called me, Dongie!” I whined, pouting.

“Awh, she’s cute!” Hoya cooed next to me. Dongwoo looked alarmed. Hoya put his hands up. “I mean in a sisterly way, omo Dongie don’t get so protective!” Hoya joked. Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

The others kept staring at me. I cleared my throat nervously. Dongwoo looked around at them. “Ah, this is Yoonji, my step-sister, Yoonji this is Infinite,” he introduced. I nodded.

“Annyeong, je ireum-eun-“ L began. I cut him off by yelling ‘Yah!’ at him. He looked scared.

“I know who you lot are!” I giggled. He pouted. I sighed. “Fine, carry on.” I waved my hand.

“Annyeong, je ireum-eun L imnida.” He stood up, bowed 90 degrees and sat down again.

“Annyeong, je ireum-eun Sungyeol imnida.” Sungyeol did the exact same, giggling at the end.

“Annyeong, je ireum-eun Sunggyu imnida.” The eldest introduced, bowing 90 degrees.

“Annyeong! Je ireum-eun Sungjong imnida!!” the maknae chirped. “So cute.” I cooed to myself. Everyone stopped. They stared at me, wide mouthed. Had I said that out loud?

I felt a blush creeping to my cheeks. “Uhh.” I spoke nervously. Sungjong bounced up and hugged me. I grinned. “Yah! Dongie I have a new best friend!!” I squealed. Dongwoo laughed.

“Annyeong Yoonji, je ireum-eun Woohyun imnida.” The last added. I had to admit, he was attractive. “I know I’m handsome, but please stop staring,” he smirked. I rolled my eyes. He took my hand. If he wanted me to sit by him, he would be waiting a long time for that to happen.

“Yah!” I snapped. “I don’t want to sit near you, I want my Dongie!” I moaned. He gasped.

I smirked. Not used to being rejected, huh? “Oh yeah? I know how to make you want me, Yoonji.”

I laughed sarcastically. “Good luck with that.” Dongwoo shook his head at Woohyun. I picked up my chopsticks and began to eat the foods that were on the table. I inhaled it all. “Mhmm, who cooked this? It’s amazing!” I asked. Sunggyu blushed and looked at his plate. “Aha! Caught you out! Seriously, it’s great!” I smiled politely at him. He thanked me.

When we had all eaten, Sunggyu started stacking up the plates to do the washing. “These lot, never do the damn washing up, always want me to do it.” He mumbled to himself.

The others had escaped the kitchen to play console games. His hand reached for my plate. I didn’t let him take it. He stared at me confused. I smiled warmly. “I’ll help, oppa.”

“Ani, you don’t have to.” He protested. I stood up and walked over to the sink. He sighed, giving up. “Gomawoyo.” He thanked me. I told him he was welcome. He looked happy.

“I am staying here too, plus you seem like you need help once in a while,” I explained.

“You’re officially my favourite person,” he joked calmly. I laughed along. “Well, that’s all finished, what do you want to do now?” he asked. I shrugged.

“I’ll go on my laptop, I don’t want to disturb the video games time!” I giggled. I didn’t like video games much, I at them. He nodded, understanding my reason.

However, I did not get my alone time as I’d hoped. I bumped into a warm, nice smelling person. I looked up, and as I saw the face, my smile dropped. He held my shoulders. I shrugged him off. “Woohyun.” I said through my teeth. He already annoyed me as it is. This has to be important.

“Hey jagiya,” he purred ily at me. Wait, ily? No, Woohyun was definitely not y.

“I’m kind of busy right now,” I told him, hoping he’d leave me alone. But no, I was unlucky.

“Not so fast, princess,” He backed me against the guest room door. He came closer to me. His face was hovering dangerously close to mine. I refused to even look at him. “Look at me,” he hissed. I looked at him, but only his eyes. I didn’t want to dare look anywhere else. “So pretty,” he whispered, my cheek, moving the hair from my eyes. He came closer. I backed away. He wrapped an arm around my waist forcefully and pinned my against the door. “Don’t move.” He ordered, moving his face closer to mine. I slammed my hands into his chest.

He fell away. “What are you doing?!” I snapped. He came close again. I opened my door. I quickly sneaked inside and locked the door. There was no way he’d get me to kiss him. Ever. I sighed. He may have a pretty face but he is too in love with himself. I closed my eyes. I drifted off to sleep. About an hour later, I heard banging on my door. I rolled my eyes. “Go away Woohyun!” I called. The banging stopped for a second. I heard voices.

“Yoonji? I heard what happened, a-are you okay?” I heard Sunggyu’s caring voice.

I got up and unlocked the door. “Yeah, I just didn’t want the devil to come inside,” I joked. Woohyun glared at me and stomped off. “Someone’s moody.” I muttered. He was so full of himself.

Dongwoo came up to me and hugged me tightly. “I’m proud of you for doing that,”

I laughed. “I bet he’s not used to being rejected, is he?” I chuckled. He shook his head. “Well he should get used to it, cause I’m not going to fall for him. No chance.”

They all retreated back to the living room, so I decided to actually go to my room and rest now. I flopped on my bed, sighing with a smile. I suddenly felt a hand on my stomach. I sat up straight. “Yah!” I grabbed the wrist of the hand angrily. I saw Woohyun. I rolled my eyes. “What do you want Woohyun?” I asked harshly. He pretended to be hurt, pouting.

I scoffed. Was he supposed to look cute or something? “Don’t deny, you liked my touch,”

I laughed, falling off the bed. He caught me and I pushed him away quickly. “Yeah right.” I was backed against the door again before I could even kick him out. I felt his warm breath. He rested his forehead on mine. Fine, if he wants to play a game, we’ll play until the last one stands. His lips hovered over mine, but our mouths weren’t touching. I ran my hand up his shirt.

He smirked, breathing heavily. “I knew you couldn’t resist me,” he whispered in my ear seductively. I mentally scoffed. No way. I ran my hand to the back of his neck and he gripped my waist. I made a point of breathing on his lips. He shivered. He expected me to seriously kiss him?

I smirked and leaned closer to whisper in his ear. “Not so fast, oppa,” I told him. He groaned in defeat. I knew calling him oppa only made him less composed. I smiled sweetly. “Now, oppa,” I spoke sweetly, playing with his hair. “I want you out of my room and I’ll stay quiet,”

He blinked rapidly. “Deal. No, wait. Damn you and your flirting!” he cursed. I chuckled to myself. I opened the bedroom door and he obediently exited. I flopped on my bed and covered my face.