A New Start

Identity

Narrator's P.O.V.

The car ride back was definitely awkward. The only person who talked was Opal's mother but she would not stop yapping. The two girls were seated in the back. Opal was sitting near the right window while Jaeyoung was on the other side. There was a big gap in between them that seemed bigger than it should have been. 

Jaeyoung occasionally took a glance at the girl beside her, but her features seemed somehow cold and serious. Was it really that bad? Jaeyoung began to feel burdensome on her. The rest of the way back, she kept quiet and looked out the window with creased eyebrows.

Opal's P.O.V.

I tried to keep as still as possible, though my legs were numb and I was starting to feel the little pricks. My neck was stiff too and my eyes stung from not blinking in such a long time. I finally gave in and leaned into the cushion and turned to my left to see my 'step sister' asleep with her head leaning on the window. I took that moment to evaluate her. She was small and skinny. I was probably only a few inches taller than her, but then again I'm not that tall either. I shook my head at her petite frame. Malnutrition.

My mom was still talking away, but I had zoned out a long time ago and started to wiggle my toes around despite the pain. I plugged my earphones into my phone and turned away from her. Then it hit me. I snapped my head back at the girl with creased eyebrows and scanned the floor. Nothing. Nada. Not even one thing. She had nothing with her, and I mean nothing. She didn't have a tote bag for clothes or anything! She didn't even have a phone! All she had was what she was wearing. Wow. 

I started to feel a little bad when I looked down at my Jordans and designer clothes. We weren't rich, but we weren't poor either. Well at least shes not the spoiled type. Maybe we can get along. I always wanted a little sis. "Hey mom, how old is she? I don't even know her name." My mom moved her eyes to the rear view mirror and met them with mine.

"Jaeyoung. Song Jaeyoung now. Shes only one year younger than you, honey." I nodded slowly and swallowed my saliva that was starting to build up for some reason. 

The road started to get bumpy and at one point the car started to shake almost violently. Jaeyoung jumped up fully awake. She leaned back in her seats but out of the corner of my eyes, I could see her whole body still shaking. It was just too funny!

Jaeyoung's P.O.V.

I was sound asleep when suddenly the car started to shake, which caused me to bump my head into the window. I jumped up and sat back in the seat but my body was still jumping due to the road. I groaned internally. 

I suddenly heard a muffled laugh and turned to my right to see the girl laughing her head off into her jacket. I laughed a little at her . . . which basically meant I just laughed at myself. The road got smoother and smoother as we went farther in and soon big and bright houses were in view. Bright. As in there were chandeliers hanging in the house. As in there were gigantic windows that actually allowed you to see the chandeliers. Every single lawn was green and lush. My mouth slightly opened at the sight. 

The car came to a stop while I was still hypnotized. My head slowly and robotically moved to the right and I saw that girl already out of the car, holding the door open for me with a slight smile. I blinked for a while before smiling back and scooting over to her side. I slipped out of the car and stepped on the solid concrete ground. It was solid. No cracks in it like at the orphanage. 

This is another start of my life. I was going to start living from now on. My eyes got teary again but I held it back because this would be the second time I cried today, and I didn't need that. But I couldn't help it. I was just too happy and overwhelmed. Lets hope I get off on the right foot....

____________________________________

Okay okay okay, do not worry guys, EXO will come soon enough.  ;)