reflexion

In Between (there is something about jinki)

“WHAT THE--? HOLY !” Minho cursed.
He and Onew have just arrived from the hospital, just to be greeted by the bloody Taemin. Their beloved maknae, lying on the couch with ripped lips, swollen eyes, and a generous amount of bruise on his skinny body. Kibum was on his side, tenderly cradling Taemin’s head on his lap, his expression dark with ill-concealed rage. The band umma’s hand trembled on its grip of the cotton of the maknae’s undershirt. Picking his head up, he gazed at Minho and Onew’s figure.
“Oh, Minho…how’s your head?”
“It’s alright.” Minho muttered as he made his way to the couch. Deftly, he helped Key place more antiseptic on Taemin’s open wounds. Onew, on the other hand, just stood beside the couch, gaping at the maknae’s body. His eyes, however, are swimming with apprehension. He was afraid of touching the boy; He was afraid of causing more damage than repair.
“Okay Taeminnie...look at me. Who the is the bastard who did this to you?” Key was using his soft umma voice mode, totally the opposite of the words he had said.
This was the first time in SHINee’s history that 2 members met an accident at the same time, not to mention that these are not common, everyday accidents.
Everyone was tensed. Everyone worried. They are trembling under the pressure.
“Who said someone did this to me? I-I fell…” Taemin whispered, eyes downcast.
“Oh okay! You fell and I’m Hermione Granger. Now, you’re going to tell me what actually happened before I swing my wand back and forth and curse you into a little green frog.” Jonghyun popped up from the kitchen, frowning as his puppy eyes met Kibum’s. “Kibum-ah, we ran out of wound ointment.”
Kibum sighed desperately, his pouty lips quirking downwards.
“Kibum-ah, I think you and this Hermione Granger should take Taemin to the Hospital. I’ll keep an eye on Minho.” Onew’s worried face changed into a smiling one as he knelt infront of Taemin.
Ignoring Jonghyun’s deathly glare to Onew, Kibum dragged the indignant lead vocal into their shared room. All the while muttering something about unprepared dorm first aid kits and stubborn brats.
“Ah…Minho-yah, you should take your medicine!” Onew’s small eyes widened as he remembered.
“Mmm…It’s okay hyung—“
“Now.” Onew pouted.
“Nope. Your aegyo doesn’t work on me.”
The pout grew. Minho sighed. Aegyo not working on me, yeah right. The biggest lie of the century.
Onew rubbed a finger along Taemin’s face, murmuring something and smiling warmly. Taemin shifted and studiously avoiding the leader’s eyes. But, not too long after that, he hesitantly glanced on Onew. Like magic, he started to sniffle then, finally, sobbed.
Onew kept on whispering in his ear and Taemin rubbed his eyes, whispering his response back to the older and then chuckling softly.
Minho blinked. For other people, Onew had been labeled as the joker, the comedian. He’s complete with his sangtae, lame body gags and equally lame jokes. But, beyond that, the leader was the most wonderful person Minho has ever met. He’s warm, he cared a lot. His leadership technique was not torturing. He leads without arrogance, but giving examples. His smile was healing. He’s pure, and very fragile. He’s the glue of their group; he bonded the differences of each SHINee member and made them whole. He made their exhausting rehearsals much fun. He protects them and they protect him.
“Don’t bully him! Bully me instead.” Jonghyun declared on that day he answered the rumor that SHINee’s leader was a coward.
Key even went so much as to grab the MC’s question in their fanmeets to save Onew the embarrassment of answering with a lame joke.
Taemin tried his best to be the bright maknae. He strived to perfect his aegyo and make his Onew-hyung proud. He teased and cuddled with his hyung to make Onew feel that ‘I’M THE HYUNG’ atmosphere.
What about Minho? What had he contributed to helping Onew?
Minho grabbed his medicines and made his way into the kitchen after witnessing the leader-maknae’s sweet interaction.
Yes, he realized. He haven’t done anything.

Onew gasped at the lack of oxygen. His eyes are squeezed shut as he rolled around his bed. Honey-colored hair stuck on his forehead and he can feel the stickyness of his body from sweat.
He blinked in the darkness and tried to steady his racing heartbeat. He sat up and swung his foot down. Silently, he moved his trembling leg and walked out of the room. Pressing his palm on the wall for support, he finally entered the bathroom and closed the door with one click.
His gaze landed on the big mirror placed right above the sink.
“Wow, Onew. You look like a mess.” He murmured to himself and then sniffed.
The coordi-noonas would need to work extra hard, covering the dark circles around his small brown eyes. But, that’s not the thing that he should be worrying about now. He should not be pondering about those things as a much important natter had presented itself.
The other him is back.
He the faucet before splashing the freezing water onto his face. He can’t help it when his mind flew and brought him back to pained expression on Minho’s face when his head bumped and on the lamp pole shaking before it crashed on the floor then broke into pieces.
He supposed that at the moment, he’s like the lamp pole—shaking wildly and later, he would be collapsing into pieces.
He gritted his teeth and looked down as another fresh batch of images invaded his mind. The emotions on Minho’s big doe eyes when he saw Onew hugging Leeteuk, Minho’s concerned eyes focusing on the maknae’s injured body, Minho’s lips, Minho’s perfume, Minho’s handsome smile...
Onew shook his head harshly.
“No,” he scolded himself. “No, I’m a better person now. I’m better now. I smile. I care. I love.”
And the wave of his unconsciousness was back. He lifted his head and stared at his reflection on the mirror. His lips curled into a smirk.
Are you sure Jinki-ah? Oh…you call yourself Onew now, eh?
The smirk dissapeared as fast as it came and Onew was trembling even more. His eyes are full of fear and he can feel his healthy sense almost giving up.
“No, please don’t. I’m not you and you don’t even exist! Go away please…” he whispered, almost begging.
A dark chuckle from his mouth followed after that. His body became steady again. Jinki frowned against his reflection.
Tsk tsk tsk. Your ‘friend’ was hurt. Your maknae, who should be your responsibility, was attacked by bullies, bloody, scared, pained, and the things you can do is not much of just a hug? Pity...hmm, are you really...what is it again?...a leader?
“NO!” Onew snapped, eyes darkening. “I don’t need you anymore, off. Go. Go away!”
Ohh…I get it. Seems like someone has grown up? Tsk. Why don’t you understand? I love you. I love me. I love us….Just let me lead and and we will be alright…no one can hurt us anymore…just like the past. You understand me? You love me don’t you? Yes, you do. You’re all safe with me…
That did the trick and Jinki gave up. His lips stopped trembling, followed by the disappearance of fear from his brown eyes.
Jinki smirked, leaned slightly on the bathroom wall before reaching for the shower head. He smirked even more with the thought of his freedom, victory and dominance.
He then grabbed the towel and dried himself. Opening the door, he met the pouting Taemin.
“Hyung! Finally. I thought you fainted or something!” he exhaled. Jinki smiled and ruffled the maknae’s hair. He took note of the bruises.
“Really hyung, why do you always took so long at the bathroom in the morning?” Taemin asked innocently.
“Ah, nothing as usual, Taeminnie…”


AN : this story goes weirder and weirder and weirder.... ;_____; idek, i've asked to my brain. it didn't answer..

comments are looooooooooooooooved! :)

 

thanks to judi @ livejournal for the beta.