prologue

In Between (there is something about jinki)

Minho has always been an observer his whole life. He likes to watch people and observe their movements and mannerisms. He finds it quite interesting to just sit down and watch, mindful of taking notes about people’s way of living.

His not-too-close friends always consider Minho as a rather scary figure. Minho could not blame them, though. He believes that sometimes his observant and silent aura gives people the impression that he is an apathetic person. Although, on the contrary, he is very empathic and loves to help people. He cares, he loves, and just some carefully chosen people are blessed to see this other side of him.

--

He’s 19 when he meets his new 'family'.

Kibum, Minho thought, is purple. He is always good at preparing, good at analyzing, and belongs to the kind of persons who are able to work out a plan from scratch with just a single detail. He is really caring (especially to his "baby Tae"), and considers himself as the umma. He is sensitive (too much sometimes), sentimental, and has height phobia.

Jonghyun is orange. He has a lot of charisma on stage, but is very endearing and fun to be with off stage. He is like Minho's partner in crime mostly. He’s lively and likes to have a good laugh. When it comes to their live performances, he makes total and absolute preparation for everything. He will even stay up overnight without sleep just to prepare. However, if his progress does not meet his own expectations, he will feel restless and a little short tempered.

Then, there is their maknae Taemin. Tae is blue. He has a very sweet, sweet, sweet smile (Minho repeated that three times) and a delicate personality. At first, he is always nervous infront of the camera. But, as time passes and Minho observes, the maknae now enjoys teasing his hyungs. He makes teasing comments to Onew and gives their hyung deathly pouts to get what he wants. As everybody knows, dance is that one thing in the world that the maknae derives the most joy from. He is also such a very obedient child, if someone asks him to sit on their lap he will happily obey.

And Jinki....Jinki is...Minho frowns. He couldn’t seem to fit any color to Jinki’s personality. Sometimes, he is as pure as white. Then the next day, he is as cheerful and intrepid as red. And then as if he didn’t change enough, he has those days where he is as soft as pink. Minho just couldn’t, for the life of him, give a color to Jinki’s personality.