that was...weird.

In Between (there is something about jinki)

Monday

Minho twisted on his bed lightly. He felt so tired. It’s already 3 months since his first debut and the lack of rest, sleepless nights and chaotic rehearsal schedules are taking its toll on him. He knew he should be used to it right now or he’ll never make it pass his goals successfully. He nearly fell asleep again when something cold and hard stabbed his leg harshly.
"Ouch, Hyung!"

"Wake up lazy head," Kibum said impatiently, right hand on the waist as the other hand gripped his spatula.

Minho rubbed his eyes and followed Kibum’s movements. The umma was walking to other side of the room, intent on waking up Taemin, who only mumbled cutely, “Five minutes more, ummaaaa."

Minho sighed, sat down for a moment and slowly walked across the room just to see Jonghyun squatting in front of the bathroom.

"Erm...hyung, what are you doing?"

"Don't talk to me now Minho-ah, I--" Jonghyun did some weird movements and hissed. Minho raised an eyebrow as he saw Jonghyun grip his own towel so tightly. He looked as if almost in tears.

"Hyung, what’s going---"

"I need to pee! Oh for God's sake, ONEW HYUNG IF YOU DO NOT OFF FROM THE BATHROOM SOON, I SWEAR I WILL MAKE YOUR BED MY EMERGENCY URINOIR!!" Jonghyun kicked the door just to yelp in pain and make some weird movements again.

Taemin's head popped up from bedroom and at the sight of the lead singer he erupted into laughter. Minho watched his hyung with amusement and chuckled as he was getting close toward the bathroom's door. He leaned his ear on the door and listened. He suddenly frowned when he heard someone mumbling on the other side.

"It is Onew hyung inside, isn't it?"

"Hyuuung, I have to go to school." Taemin pouted.

"—But it's okay hyung you can use the bathroom ‘til noon and I will cancel my classes. I won't go to school anyway." he murmured happily.

"I heard that Taeminnie." Kibum's voice echoed from the kitchen.

Taemin stuck his tongue out childishly. Suddenly the door opened and Minho's gaze moved into his leader's half- body. He felt blood rush up to his face and he moved his head to other direction so sudden until his neck cracked. Minho rubbed his neck and kept silent.

Onew chuckled as he saw Jonghyun rushing into (finally) the empty bathroom with unbelievable speed.

"Morning Minho-yah!" Onew smiled ear to ear.

Minho could hear his heartbeat increasing. He tried his best to keep his expression blank as always, and with his known cool-manner, just curled up the corner of his lips a little bit. He knew for a fact that the smile (smirk) can immediately make fangirls faint. His eyes met Onew's just for seconds.

"Morning, hyung."

--

"Uwoooo…chicken..chickeeen!" Onew's happy cheers echoed from upstairs. He ran and almost tripped at the stairs. Luckily, Minho's arm was faster; he gripped One's waist and yelled.

"Yah! Watch out Hyung!"

Onew's eyes widened and his small almond brown eyes stared at Minho's black and deep eyes. Minho caught a small light in Onew's eyes. Err...what was that? Minho frowned.

Onew escaped from Minho's grip and cleared his throat. Grinning sheepishly, he approached the dining table and started singing "Oh my love...I can't live without you…" to the chicken. Kibum rolled his eyes, stripped off his pink apron and sat on the nearest chair.

"Sometimes, I really wonder if you are older than me hyung," he commented.

"Umm...umma, I think I'm sick," Taemin murmured behind his chicken. Kibum's eyes narrowed. "Really?" he placed his palm on Taemin's forehead, comparing the heat with his own.

"No you aren't. What’s going on baby?"

"I ain't a baby!" Taemin pouted, acting differently with his own statement.

"Can I just stay with you guys and rehearse together this morning?"

"No Taemin-ah, your education is important too. Don't worry, you could catch our new dance routine later and better than us." Jonghyun teased, but he was grinning warmly.

"It's not about that hyung, I..."

"hmm? What’s up baby? You know you can talk to us about anything, no?" Kibum moved into Tae's chair.

"Umm…no, it's okay hyung. Umm...I just won't go to school this morning..?"

"No baby." Kibum shook his head slightly.

"Please hyuuung..." Taemin almost pleaded. Minho could see something on Taemin's eyes. What was that…is that fear?

"Hyuuung."

"No, Taemin-ah." A sharp voice was heard from the other side of the table and Taemin froze immediately.

Onew has finished his chicken and was his fingers calmly. Minho stared at Onew's eyes. He saw it. Again. Is it just him or there is something flashing from Onew's eyes?

Onew locked his gaze with Taemin, who gulped slightly. Onew leaned on his chair elegantly. "You will go to your school and study, and then we will meet at 2 p.m. to rehearse. Arasso?"

Taemin's eyes widened, Jonghyun's hand that was holding a spoon stopped mid-air, Kibum frowned, and Minho felt his body shiver with Onew's voice tone. It was not like Onew's cheerful usual voice. It was sharp, cold, and Minho caught his breath.

Onew's eyes widened for a split second and suddenly his usual grin appeared. He clapped his hands together on a child-like manner.

"Ah, gimme more chicken Kibum-ah! Hehe." he said with cheerful tone.

They were all baffled. What the hell was that?

AN: umhh hello...(?)*awkward* since i'm newbie here~~ i don't have an idea if you like this or not so TELL ME! keke~ comments are loved :)