VIII

EXO: The Host Club

“WHERE ARE YOU?!”

Your blankets fell off your bed as you were startled. In a few seconds, your mom burst opened your bedroom door.

“Why weren’t you at school today?! I got a call from school that you were absent!” your mom yelled.

You lifted your head up. Your mom saw your red, bloodshot eyes from crying. Her face softened up.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Teenager problems,” you said, simply.

The front door slammed open as your sister came back from school. It sounded as if there was another person following your sister. Your face flared red in anger.

“My room is right over here,” your sister giggled.

“Okay!” a guy’s voice said.

Abruptly, the tears started falling from your face. It was Kai’s voice.

Your mom must have known you and your sister very well, because she nodded her head and walked out of your bedroom. “Excuse me, but you will not be entering my daughter’s bedroom,” your mom said to Kai.

“But I need to show him something in my room!” your sister protested.

“Well, I’ll have your sister keep an eye on the two of you,” your mom said, as she peeked into your room. Okay, maybe she didn’t know you as well as you thought.

You quickly nodded your head “no,” to your mother, but she insisted. Eventually, you gave in to keep your mom happy. You kept your head down as you walked into the hallway. Your long hair was not in its usual ponytail; it was in a huge, tangled mess.

“You look like …and put some pants on,” your sister said, bluntly. You were only wearing an oversized sweater.

You didn’t dare see what Kai’s reaction was.

The three of you walked into your sister’s room. Her room was polluted with the smell of strong perfume and magazine clippings were littered everywhere.

Kai and your sister sat down on her bed. “You better keep your mouth shut, or I’ll do everything to make your life crap,” your sister said. She glared at you. You just nodded.

Curiosity was lingering through your mind. Impulsively, you lifted your head and looked straight at Kai. To your surprise, he was looking straight at you. His eyes looked soulless and cold. He looked merciless.

You were so angry inside, but you didn’t want to know that you were hurt. You were usually a person with a tough personality, but you wimped out around boys.

“Come here,” your mom poke her head into the room and beckoned for your sister. She looked serious.

Crap. Now you were alone in a room with Kai. However, you thought it would be a perfect time to confront him. Once your mom and sister were far enough away, you yelled.

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR DEAL?!” you screamed and stood up, knocking over the chair you were sitting in.

Kai looked to the side. “What?” he snapped.

“You should be here for me, not my sister!”

Kai was getting impatient and angry.

“I used you to get to your sister…she said she’d date me if I got you to like me, because she wanted to see if it was possible to get you to like a guy…” Kai whispered.

You stood there with a hurt expression.

“Screw you,” you said, in a scary deep voice.

As you left the room, Kai grabbed your arm. “I’m sorry,” he said.

The tears fell from your eyes as you pushed your arm away from him. A sorry wasn’t enough for what he did.

You ran out of the room, into the hallways, and out into sunset. You let your emotions free.

All of a sudden, you heard your cell phone ring. You picked it up, and managed to choke out, “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Luhan…are you okay?”