III

EXO: The Host Club

“So like, my name is Thehun, you already know that right?”

“Um, yeah!” You were surprised to hear that he had a lisp.

“Great! Well, I’m the youngest member, but I am so underestimated…” Sehun said. He kept talking…and talking... He talked until you two finally reached the classroom.

You were about to walk in when Sehun suddenly pulled you back.

“What do you want?” you snapped.

you, I want to see you with your hair down!” Sehun said, excitedly. His eyes were sparkling.

“No! I ever go out in public with my hair down,” you said, trying to walk into the classroom. Then, Sehun pushed you against the wall. His face was a little too close to yours.

“Please?” he pleaded.

“Get off of me, you creep,” you said, pushing him onto the ground.

“You’re strong for a girl,” he whined.

You briskly untied your ponytail and let your hair fall. You had long, shiny, and wavy dark brown hair. Your own mother thought you had better looking hair than your sister.

Sehun stared at you. He was definitely surprised. His eyes sparkled again. You looked back at him with a confused expression. A minute of silence had passed by. He then snapped out of whatever state he was in, and he quickly grabbed out his phone and snapped a picture of you. You were too surprised to react quickly.

“I can use this as blackmail someday,” giggled Sehun. You had to admit, he looked kind of cute when he giggled like that.

“You better not,” you said, glaring at him. Finally, you walked into the classroom.

 

“I HATE YOU!” you said, hitting Sehun on his head with your bookbag. As soon as you entered the classroom earlier, you were scolded by your teacher for being late. As punishment, you had to stay after an extra fifteen minutes.

“How do you think I feel?! The boys are going to yell at me for being late to our lunch meeting. I have appointments!” said Sehun, massaging his head.

“Aw boo hoo, I feel so sorry for you. Wait- what appointments?” you asked. You were genuinely curious.

“The host club appointments. We have numerous appointments to entertain an individual or a group of girls. That’s what the club is all about, dummy!”

“Oh…” Everything made sense now.

“Would you like to tag along?” Sehun asked.

“I have to go over some of the material we just learned…” you said.

“What, already? Relax and come have lunch with us!”

“You guys are creepy.” You were always straightforward.

“You won’t after you get to know us, come along!” Sehun said. He gave you no choice as he grabbed your arm and dragged you through the hallways.

He pushed open the host club doors. You were immediately taken aback.

“What the hell is this?”

The room that was completely empty that morning had been turned into the theme of “romantic evening date.” The lights were completely off, and there were pretty red lanterns hanging everywhere. You could hear the sound of running water in the distance; it was a makeshift pond with more lanterns floating on the water. There were tiny round tables placed everywhere- perfect for two people. You had to admit- the setting looked legitimate.

“I might take you guys seriously now,” you said to Sehun.

All of a sudden, one of the members approached you. He was wearing the same black suit from earlier. It must have been the costume they were wearing to match the theme.

“I will take care of her, Sehun.” With that, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the red rose, which you also noticed from earlier that morning.

“If you don’t remember my name from this morning, it’s Chen,” he said, as he handed you the rose. You smelled it. It was a fresh rose. Good going boys.

“This rose smells so good…” you said.

“I smell better,” he said. You burst out laughing.

“My name is you, if you don’t remember mine either,”

“Of course I remember your name…why would I forget such a pretty name from such a pretty girl?”

You blushed. Your cheeks were as red as the rose you were holding in your hand.

“And your hair looks so good in a ponytail,” said Chen, as he admired your hair.

At least someone appreciates my hair in a ponytail. You glared in Sehun’s direction.

“Although if my hair was long enough, I’m sure mine would look better,” Chen said.

This guy is such a damn troll. I like it.

“Are you checking me out? I don’t blame you, because I look fabulous,” said Chen, posing ostentatiously.

Oh god, this guy is such an arrogant troll, but he’s my favorite host club member so far.

“You look so fine,” you said, giving Chen elevator eyes.

“If you’re trying hook up with me, you can’t because I’m gay,” he said, suddenly getting serious.

“What?” you said, startled.

All of a sudden, he ran towards Xiumin. “What the hell?”

Then, you felt someone approaching you from behind.

“Are you having fun?” asked Suho gently. His hands were neatly placed behind his back.

“I have to admit, it’s very pretty in here. You guys did a nice job. But I don’t think I can have as much fun as everyone else, because I have no appointment or date,” you said. You weren’t really interested in love or relationships, but it would have been nice to have a significant other by your side to admire the beautiful lanterns.

“I can be your date,” said Suho, stepping closer to you.

Your heart started racing.