(8) Feeling

When Love Is Always Return

Weekend is finally coming. The Welcoming Party at my college is going to be soon. I planned to go shopping together with Yoori since our first day as SNU students but I don't know that these college things are really depleting my spare time. I think I need more time to get used to it. Anyway, The Welcoming Party's theme for this year is "Black & White Ball", so all the attendants are supposed to wear something black, white, or maybe both. I'm a bit relieve because I won't be too confused deciding on what will I wear later. I look at my phone and it's 11 already, Yoori said she'll pick me up by 11. I take my bag and my cap before leaving my room.

 

From   : Yoori

I'm in front of your house.

 

From   : Dara

Okay, I'll be there in 2 minutes.

 

I tell our housekeeper that I'll go with my friend. Appa isn't home, He went to play golf with Mr. Jung after we ate breakfast. I already ask his permission this morning. I go outside and find Yoori's car right in front of our gate.

 

 

"Have you been waiting long?", I ask Yoori as I enter her car.

"Anieyo, let's go~"

"Where are we going, Yoori?"

"I don't know, let's just go around to all mall in Seoul."

"Yah, it'll be tiring. Have you ask Youngjae about shopping places here?"

"It's true.. I have, should we go there first?"

"Sure, go go go!"

 

20 minutes later

 

 

"As expected from your cousin, he surely likes expensive stuffs.."

"Yes, I agree.. But at least they look more affordable than stuffs at your neighborhood."

"Kkkk, So true."

 

We just arrived at Apgujeong and yes, I lived in Cheongdam-dong. There are many clothing stores but the price doesn't make sense for me, that's why I suggest to go shopping together with Yoori.  She has more 'fashion-sense' than me. Eventhough we both like to wear something casual, she has good eyes for dresses and high heels as well. We look around to some boutiques but no dress attracted our eyes. Then we decide to eat first before we continue our hunting. We enter a Sushi Bar Restaurant. I'm not surprised to see Yoori orders 2 kind of Sushi dishes. Yesterday we went to eat burger with Daehyun and Youngjae, she ordered 2 large size of burgers.

 

"Excuse me miss, here are your orders.", a waitress comes with trays full of dishes on her both hands.

"Thank you.", I say then I quickly take a sip of my cold ocha.

"Ah, Dara, you haven't told me anything about your lover.", Yoori says as she bites her sushi.

"It's because I don't have a boyfriend."

"Ooh, no wonder you never said anything after I talked about Ravi."

"We broke up before I left LA but we still friends now."

"Really? Friends? I can't ever befriend my ex.."

"Well, we still following each other on Twitter and days ago we chatted."

"Daebak. Is he handsome? I bet he is. How does he look, Dara?"

"He's a korean guy, about 180cm tall, and he was in a soccer club."

"Woah, you had a handsome ex, then. There are many guys in our college who has interest in you, Dara. You don't want to meet them? I mean like dating."

"Hmm, I don't think they're interested in me but my family background."

"Is it hard to be Ms. Jang?"

"It's not. I just have to choose whom to befriend with wisely."

"Then you do want to date someone, right?"

"I want, but there's noone caught my attention yet."

"Ooh, should I introduce you to one?"

"There's no need, I'll take care of it by myself. hehe"

"Tch, arasseo. Dara, can you pay these? Here's my money, I want to call Ravi.", she gives me some money after that she leaves outside.

 

Ravi is Yoori's boyfriend. Based on her explaination, Ravi is tall and manly, he's also really good in dancing, that's why he attends the dancing major in one college at New York. Everyday she calls him at least twice but I don't really know how much he calls her. After I pay the bills, Yoori is already done talking on the phone so we go to Yoori's car to leave to our next destination, Times Square Shopping Mall. I browsed the internet while we were walking before.

 

 

After looking around for 30 minutes there, we finally find 2 nice dresses. Actually, Yoori is the one who recommends this dress for me but since she keeps convincing me that it looks great on me, I agree to buy it. Yoori is also finally meets a dress that she thinks will suit her personality. Not long after we find the dresses, we're looking for shoes and fortunately the store beside the boutique has some nice pairs of shoes. After buying the dresses and shoes, we decide to go to myeongdong to search for some accessories and cosmetics (for Yoori).

 

 

My leg just gave away minutes ago. Now Yoori and I are sitting inside LOTTERIA. Yoori is a 'makeup-mania', eventhough she doesn't like wearing heavy makeup that much, she actually likes to experiment. She's going crazy after looking at some discount sign for those expensive cosmetics. I didn't count, but we went to at least 5 different stores to buy cosmetics and body care products only. She bought me some products too like bb cream, moisturizer, etc. 

 

"Dara-yah, mianhae.. You must be so tired, right?"

"Yes, but I'm okay, Yoori. You don't need to buy me these products too honestly.."

"Ah, it's okay, thanks to the discount rate kkk. You treated me lunch yesterday, that's me treating you some body care products."

"Alright then."

"Let me order for you, okay? You wait here."

"Okay."

 

I take out my iPhone and my tosca-colored headset. I play my favorite playlist then I check all messages I received. There are 4 text messages and 3 missed calls. Three messages from Daehyun and one from Appa while those 3 missed calls are from Daehyun.

 

From   : Rascal Daehyun

Where are you? Your housekeeper said that you went out with your friend. I'm bored because nobody's home T.T call me.

 

From   : Rascal Daehyun

Are you busy? Call me when you're not busy then,okay?

 

From   : Rascal Daehyun

Yah, you don't even pick up my call T.T

 

From   : Daddy

do you eat dinner at home, dear?

 

I quickly call Appa, worrying he'll wait for me to eat dinner with him. Thankfully he doesn't wait for me anymore and he says that he's currently in a restaurant, eating with Mr. Jung and Daehyun. I can hear Daehyun shouting to call him back, So Appa hangs up after he asks me to call Daehyun.

 

"Yah, what were you doing, really?"

"Yah, is it your way of greeting someone who's calling you?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry.. Where are you?"

"I'm at myeongdong with Yoori, we were shopping together for tomorrow."

"Ah, The Welcoming Party. You surely shop well, huh? Spending your whole day for shopping."

"Not really, it's tiring actually."

"Let's go to the party together, then. How is it?"

"Yoori-ah, do you want to go together tomorrow?", I ask Yoori who just comes with our foods.

 

  

 

"Call! Who is it? Daehyun?"

"Oh, Daehyun-ah, you already told Youngjae too, right?", I nod to Yoori.

"What? You ask her?"

"Of course, since you'll be with Youngjae, we might ask Yoori as well."

"Ah.. I see."

"Why? Anything's wrong, Daehyun-ah?", I reply as I bite a french fries.

"Nothing, you're eating, huh? I'll talk to you later, then."

"Yeah, bye Daehyun.", I hang up first.

"Why did he call you, Dara?", Yoori asks.

"Nothing, he's just bored before but now he's together with his dad and mine."

"Bored?"

"Yes, he also called 3 times while we're shopping before."

"Really?"

"Why?"

"Hmm, nothing. Just my feeling.."

 

We continue to eat and talk about what tomorrow's gonna be. We both don't like to party much so we're kinda disccussing about what we're gonna do if we're getting bored tomorrow. We even make a plan to going home if there's no more to do there tomorrow.

 

"Dara-yah, isn't that Daehyun's brother?", Yoori is pointing someone on the cashier. I turn my back to see him.

"You're right, that's Taekwoon.", I reply her as I keep looking at Taekwoon who's walking outside the restaurant.

"Woah, Taekwoon is approaching.. Wait, isn't it Solbi? So, they are.. lovers?"

"You know her?", I turn, facing Yoori.

"Of course, she's a singer under JK Entertainment. You don't know"

"Oh.. I'm not really into kpop actually, not yet"

"She debuted around 1 year ago, she also MC of that music program broadcasted on JOAH TV, I heard that she lives in your neighborhood too."

"Waah, you love kpop so much then, Yoori? How did you know all of them?"

"You may say so, I read some articles about her, she's pretty popular these days. Eventhough she covers her face with sunglasses and mask like that, I recognice her from her petite figure and hair color."

"Ah, I see.."

So, it's Taekwoon's girlfriend.. She lives in our neighborhood too. I never met her once.. Ah, it doesn't matter anyway.

 

***Daehyun POV***

 

"What? You ask her?", I ask her, flustered.

"Of course, since you'll be with Youngjae, we might ask Yoori as well."

"Ah.. I see.", I feel a little bit down.

"Why? Anything's wrong, Daehyun-ah?"

"Nothing, you're eating, huh? I'll talk to you later, then."

"Yeah, bye Daehyun.", she hangs up first.

 

Why is it so hard to ask you out, Dara? Is it because we're friends and you feel so comfortable around me already? Or is it because you're too ignorant about these kind of things? Or is it because you have no warm feeling for me?

 

"Daehyun-ah, why are you just staring? There are still many meat left.", Mr. Jang says.

"Continue eating, Daehyun. You haven't eat much.", My dad adds.

"I think I'm full already. I'm sorry, I want to go to washroom."

 

I hope at least  you have warm feeling for me. It's enough to make me keep going forwards, Dara.

 



 

Ravi won't come out 'physically' on this story~

And solbi, read the foreword chapter again if you want to imagine her looks.

I'm fasting now but I'm craving for lotteria's burger kkk, I'm sorry God..