(5) Someone

When Love Is Always Return

"What’s with that smile?", Daehyun says from the kitchen as he’s watching me enter the house. He’s drinking the orange juice I made.

"I’m in a good mood since I cook well today.", I approach him.

"I see.. You’re as good as Taekwoon Hyung, Dara. Ah, you should come if he makes pasta. It’s really delicious."

"Okay, call."

"But.. Of course it’ll be better if you frequently come here..", he says in lower voice but I still can hear him clearly.

"Arasseo, your house isn’t that far from mine anyway.", I joke.

 

Daehyun smiles widely at me then he drinks up the orange juice. I shake my head. Daehyun’s acting that way makes me thinking that he’s bipolar. Sometimes he’s a rascal, sometimes he (looks like) a ert, sometimes he’s a good friend.

 

"Dara, let’s go to our home, dear.", My dad says as he’s approaching the kitchen with Mr. Jung.

"Okay! Daehyun-ah thanks a lot. See you later.", I wave my hand at him then I come closer to my dad.

"You’re welcome, Dara.", He says with his smily face.

"Mr. Jung, I’m sorry for using your kitchen without your permission."

"It’s okay. You may treat our home like your own. Your dad and I are friends for years, Dara."

"Yes, I know it Mr. Jung, Thanks..", I say while keep looking to the door behind. Not long later Taekwoon enters the house.

"Oh, Taekwoon-ah, Mr. Jang and Dara will leave soon.", Mr. Jung stops his son who's about heading upstairs. Taekwoon's getting closer to us.

"Goodbye, Mr. Jung..", Taekwoon says, bowing politely to my dad.

"Thank you, oppa.", I smile lightly at him.

"Oh..", He looks at me for a moment, slightly bows at his dad, then he goes upstairs.

 

Mr. Jung and Daehyun are walking us to the front door. As I expected, Mr. Jung and my dad are chit-chat-ing again. I softly laugh looking at them. They look more like 2 highschool students rather than 2 businessmen. As me and my dad just about to leave the gate, I hear running sound approaching us. Then I see Taekwoon holding my backpack.

 

"Here.", He simply says while panting soundlessly.

"Ah, thank you, oppa. I'm sorry..", I bow lightly at him.

 

Taekwon is just nodding twice then he enters the house again. My dad and I are finally waving goodbye to Mr. Jung and Daehyun. My dad takes my backpack and wears it behind his back. We walk together to our home. 

Finally, here comes Dara. Hi, my new home!

Appa presses the security codes and lead me inside the house. Eventhough It looks really largef rom the outside, it's not that luxurious on the inside. My dad surely knows how to spend his money, not just to make it looks beautiful. Appa is offering me a house trip. He tells me all the important things I should know about this house. He also explains me the household chores. It's not much since my dad already hired some house helpers, I basically should take care of myself well and use the appliances moderately. Then My dad's calling our house helpers. My dad treats his workers casually. They don't have to line up when their boss is home or treats their boss overly special like he's a king.

 

"Yeorobun, This is Jang Dara, my one and only daughter. Please take care of her well.", He introduces me to our house helpers.

 

As expected, My dad.. He's just too cool.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jang Dara. Just call me Dara.", I introduce myself. They bow at me so I reply their bow.

 

My dad is finally taking me upstairs, showing me his bedroom and workroom. There are also a meeting room, a mini gym, and leisure room. Before looking to the room left in the 2nd floor, Appa's taking me upstairs.

 

"Woah, don't tell me it's mine, appa.", I assume as I see some of my books on the shelf.

 

 

"It's yours, dear. Your own workroom, how is it? Do you like it?"

"Daebak.. Daebak.. It's cool, appa. You have a good sense. Thank you, appa!", I hug him for a moment and look closer to the desk and shelf.

"The rest of your things are still on those boxes, I think it'll be better if you arrange them on your own, right?", He's pointing some boxes on the corner of the room.

"You may added other furniture too if you want, there's still a lot spaces left. Just tell me then."

"It's okay, dad.. thankyou."

"Should we look at your new bedroom?"Appa's leading me down to the 2nd floor.

 

Now we're standing in front of a door. So the only room I haven't seen is my own room. My expectation is rising up after look at my workroom at the 3rd floor. Appa's slowly opens the door for me.

 

 

Watching me stare blankly, Appa grabs my hand leading me inside. There's nothing wrong actually with the room. It's really pretty. But honestly, I just a little bit taken aback seeing the (quite big) flowery wallpaper there.

 

"I decorate your workroom by my self and it's done few weeks ago. But since I was so busy later, I ask Mr. Jung's help to decorate this room. We're just finished it this morning, I don't know if you like the.. flower thing. But.."

"Anieyo, appa. I like it. It's good to try some new style, right? It's pretty..", I cut him off. I smile widely at him.

"It's okay if you want to change the color or.."

"Anieyo, appa. It's okay, really. I'm not the type who's persistent to something like this, you know that. It's comfortable.", I look around the room checking the bed and the couch. 

"It's a relief then. As expected our cool dara.", Appa says as he hooks his arm on my shoulder.

"Should we check your closet?", he releases me and opens the closet door.

 

 

"Woah.. Wait a minute, where are my clothes?"

"They're still on your luggages dear. I just want to show you these clothes, it's not like your clothes isn't pretty. But since you come to Seoul, I think you'll associate more with people from my business field. You should dress prettier then. But don't worry. I know your style, So I didn't buy something too sparkling, too sweet, or someting too revealing. Are you okay with that?"

"Ooh, I see.. I think it's okay. I can wear these clothes sometimes.", I reply while checking the clothes.

"But I think I still have to learn wearing high heels, appa. I've always wore sneakers before."

"Of course, you may learn it slowly, dear. Aigoo, my baby girl is soon will be a woman..", He kisses the top of my head.

"Ah, I almost forget to tell you, we'll go to my office tomorrow. Wear something pretty but you don't need to wear a high heels if it's uncomfortable. Some people want to know you more."

"Oh, Arasseo, appa.", I smile and make a hand salute.

 

 

 

 

***Daehyun POV***

 

I run to Taekwoon hyung's room. Hearing no reply after few knocks, I enter his room slowly. He's playing with his guitar sitting on his bed. I quickly join him and lying myself beside him. Without saying anything I just keep smiling while facing the ceiling. He keeps playing his guitar ignoring my presence. Then I sits facing him.

 

"Are you that happy?", He finally speaks still playing his guitar.

"Of course, hyung~", I serenade and continue smiling. 

"Tsk..", He gives me disgusting looks so I decide to stop smiling (like crazy) at him.

"She was long haired, friendly, smart, and sweet. She was very beautiful.. But now she's more boyish and easygoing with her short hair. Strangely, I still think that she's very beautiful. Aren't I crazy, hyung?"

"Hmm, maybe?"

"You saw all my ex-girlfriends, right hyung? Just look by their faces, they surely are more beautiful than Dara. I also haven't date someone whose style like Dara's.. Does it make sense if I really like her, hyung?"

"Who?"

"Dara, of course. You didn't listen to me, did you?"

"Ah.."

"Tsk.. Tell me your opinion, Hyung."

"About what?"

"Us."

"Who?"

"Dara and I, hyung.. Ah, I must be asking the wrong person. I know you're less experienced than me but I still ask you..", I tell him with my serious face. I can't be kidding when it comes to my first love.

"Hm, the way I see it..", He says as he puts his guitar aside.

"Nae?", I excitedly facing him.

"Just treat her well."

"Eey, I always treat her well, hyung."

"Don't make her misunderstands you.."

"Ah, hyung, when did I?", I cut him off.

"You've always did. Should I say mention their names?"

"It's just.. They're too.. Ah, pass. Just continue on your talking."

"I'm done."

"What? Aish.. It's because you're always single, your advice is not so helping, hyung.. You should go on dates more. You surely have may fans from appa's office and SNU."

"So?"

"So? Hyung, they won't refuse you if you ask them to go on dates. Ah, really.. Should I find someone for you then? What's your ideal type? y? Cute?"

"There's no need."

"What? Do you already have somone you like?"

"Oh..", He says as he's getting up from the bed.

"Daebak! Who is she?"

"Just.. Someone."

 



 

Hello readers! Welcome new subbies!

Thanks for following my very first story.

But, don't guess too much already. I dislike something predictable, so I'll try my best in writing fresh story.

 

By the way, I just want to tell you guys that I just infected by virus and I think I'll be able to fully recovered in 2 weeks. 

It's not severe. But, it honestly affecting my body's condition, a lot.

Since I'll just rest weeks ahead, I think I still can write. Forgive me if I can't update everyday. *bow*