(3) Close

When Love Is Always Return

"Annyeong!", The sunglass boy greets me with his wide smile while the angrybird stares blankly at me.

"Who.. Are you?"

"You're Dara, right? Jang Dara?", he takes his sunglass off as his face is getting closer with mine.

"Yes.", I get up from the bench feeling uncomfortable with the situation.

 

What on earth.. I meet some weird people right after I arrived.

 

"By any chance, do you remember me?"

"Anieyo.", I answer quickly and start walking away. The angrybird doesn't give a damn while the sunglass boy running after me and blocking my way.

"I'm Daehyun. Jung Daehyun.", He excitedly says.

"Eh?"

 

==FLASHBACK==

 

***Monologue***

My name is Jung Daehyun, but just call me Daehyun. I'm the second son of Jang Seo Khun. Right, The Jang-Seo-Khun is my dad. He's CEO of JK Entertainment, one of the biggest record label and talent agency in South Korea founded by himself about 10 years ago. My dad is my biggest inspirations. He's rich, (still) handsome, and working in a field of his passion, music. I have passion in music too, to be exact is singing. But I have another passion which is become more successful than my dad. There's no specific reason actually, I just want to be more successful than him. Ah, did I tell you I'm the second son? I have an older brother and a younger sister. My older brother, Taekwoon, is 2 years older than me. He's good at singing too and he's the only person I admit cooler than me. Thank god he's less funny and entertaining. Eventhough he's goodlooking, he's not sociable. Soon we'll be 'the flower brothers' of SNU. He's (already) the prince of Music Department while I'm gonna be the prince of Business Department hehehe. I like Taekwoon Hyung so much. And my cute little sister Jiyoon is way younger than me, she just turned 6 last month. My mom passed away 11 years ago and a year later my dad married Jiyoon's mom. I'm not that close with Jiyoon's mom since she's just as busy as my dad and rarely at home. Plus, now she's not living with me and Taekwoon hyung. My dad bought her an apartment near JK Ent building 3 years ago. Since then my dad's busy going back and forth from apartment to our house. It's not like my dad and Jiyoon's mom abandoned us, they're just busy. They come together to visit us at least once a month. Sometimes Jiyoon and her mom come and bring many foods for us or just playing with Dee, our pet dog.

You'll know me better once you get closer with me. I'm quite friendly and approachable. Maybe that's why I have many friends and many girls who has crush on me. I may look like a playboy, but actually no. I'm not a playboy. I just like to hanging around with many people. There are many girls who misunderstand my kindness and I can't get angry to them. They're my friends too afterall. As long as I remember, I've only dated 7 times. Not that many to be considered as a playboy record, I think. But now, I'm officially single because I just broke up with Eunji last week. She put too much burden on me by kept talking about marriage after our graduation few months ago. Who's talking about marriage in early 20s nowadays? She surely is pretty, cute, and entertaining, but I didn't regret to break up with her. Even I haven't introduced her to my parents, yet she was asking me to marry her. It's obviously too much.

By the way, just now my dad called me and ask for my and Taekwoon's help. His friend's daughter who is also a student of Business Department at SNU will arrive at Seoul tonight but noone seems to be able to fetch her. I'm about to refuse my dad's order since it's almost midnight and I'm quite tired, but then he said that it's Mr. Jang Ok Joo's daughter who'll come. Since my dad's still helping Mr. Jang (to fix something I don't know) in his house and not finished yet, they can't pick her up. I was having a blank moment when my dad talked about Mr. Jang's daughter. It means Jang Dara will come to Seoul again. It means I'll meet my first love again. And it means She'll be around me for next few years. I'm ecstatic enough to gain my energy and confidence to meet her again, so I quickly said yes to my dad. He seemed confused and then I hung up the call. 

I rush to Taekwoon hyung's room and wake him up roughly. He's totally asleep, so he's a little bit mad and threw a pillow to me. I explain things to him as I pull him up from the bed, lead him to the bathroom, and make him wash his face. Later he pushes me outside his bedroom saying that he'll getting ready soon, So I leave to my room and prepare myself

 

***Daehyun POV***

 

What should I wear.. Something cute? No, no, she probably hates it. Something plain simple? Hmm, not enough to impress her, so.. no. Something masculine? or cool?

 

 

I'm still in my closet now and I have already try 3 outfits. I don't know why but I'm more nervous than going out on my first date with my girlfriends before. I usually spend few minutes in my closet but this time I already spent almost half an hour and still have no idea on what to wear.

 

"Yah Jung Daehyun! Aren't you coming out?", Taekwoon hyung slightly shouting as he knocking to my closet's door furiously.

"Arasseo, hyung. Start your car, I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"You dare to order me, huh?"

"Mian, hyung.. Mian. I'll finish quickly, okay?"

 

I hear no reply so I assume that Taekwoon hyung is already leaves to the car. In no time I finish wearing clothes and soon I run to our garage holding belt, iPhone, socks, and sunglasses in my both hands. Taekwoon hyung still looks mad, so I just smile sweetly at him and quickly sit beside him. Soon he starts the engine and drive fast. 

 

"I'm sorry hyung. It's midnight already, I know I disturbed your bedtime. Maybe I'm over excited to meet her, I even tried some outfits before I wear this. I must be crazy."

"Yes, you are."

"Hehehe who knows that this sudden meeting is more nerve-wrecking than my past dates. I'm wondering how does she look now. Is she still long haired? Is she still short as before? Is she single? Oh, perhaps she..."

"Wear you pants properly, talkative ahjumma."

"Tch, Arasseo arasseo.."

 

I look at my phone and it shows 1 AM. As soon as the car stops, I quickly getting off. I run into the airport with Taekwoon hyung who's following behind. I reread my dad's text and ask some security guards where the coffee shop is. I feel happy, excited, and nervous at the same time. I run with greasy smile pasted on my face. Worrying if there's someone I know around, I put my sunglasses on. I stop for awhile to look around and wait for Taekwoon hyung.

 

"There.", Taekwoon hyung pokes my shoulder and points out to my right.

 

==END OF FLASHBACK==

***Dara POV***

 

"I'm Jung Daehyun, I was your classmate and your neighbor, remember?"

"Hmm................. Jung-Dae-hyun................. Ah! That rascal daehyunnie"

"Ahem, it's true.. But it's been years since people called me rascal, you know. Just call me Daehyun."

"Haha, long time no see! I'm sorry I didn't recognize you before.. Your sunglasses is too much you know, I was a bit scared honestly."

"Yah, is there any criminal who looks handsome like me?"

"Handsome? Pfft, But anyway nice to meet you again.", I offer a handshake to Daehyun and he accepts well. Then I glance at the angrybird behind Daehyun, he looks like hiding his laugh.

"Ah, here's my brother, Taekwoon. Hyung, it's Dara.", Daehyun pulls his brother towards me.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jang Dara imnida.", I offer a handshake to him and he accepts well too.

"Taekwoon imnida."

 

Daehyun calls my dad, talking for few minutes then he passes his phone to me. After that we walk to the parking lot while talking about this and that. Daehyun is more talkative than I thought he was. He tells me some weird jokes, reminding me of Wooyoung. Later we arrive in front of a white Audi.

 

 

"You drive.", Taekwoon gives the car key to Daehyun.

"Okay, hyung. You may continue your sleep then. Let's get in the car, Dara."

"Oh, Okay.."

 

As soon as we're getting in the car I see Taekwoon wearing his earphone and shutting his eyes. Daehyun puts my seatbelt on and after that he puts his. I smile lightly at him and soon he starts driving. We continue our talking and laughing but sometimes I glance to the backseat worrying Taekwoon will be awake because of us.

 

"Don't worry, he's a heavy sleeper. Our voices won't bother him at all."

"I thought you're Mr. Jung's only son. I haven't met him before. Where was he?"

"Well, he was there, maybe it's because he wasn't that goodlooking back then hehehe. And actually I also have a younger sister."

"Really?"

 

Daehyun starts telling me about his family. About his dad, Jiyoon, Jiyoon's mom, Leo, and Dee. Eventhough he's a bit over talkative, I enjoy listening to him. He's sounded honest and innocent. 

 

"Daehyun-ah."

"What?"

"I don't remember that you were a nagging and extrovert style."

"Tch, you just remember the rascal part, huh?"

"Haha, that's because many people called you that way."

"You're the one that made the nickname for me so other kids followed you calling me by rascal."

"Really?"

"Nae! Aish, what's wrong with your brain, Dara? You don't remember anything? Are you having amnesia?"

"Of course no. I'm just not good at remembering the past."

"I'm wondering how can SNU accept you with this brain capacity.."

"Yah! There's nothing wrong with my brain capacity! Wait, you know that I'm a SNU student?"

"Of course, my dad told me yesterday. And I think we may become classmates."

"You're in business department too? Daebak.."

"Why? I may look cool and handsome but I also smart, you know?"

"Aish.."

"Hahaha, I'm kidding, Dara. We're here. Welcome to the Jung's Residence."

 

 

"Look at there, accross my house, that's Jang's Residence a.k.a your house."

 

 

I'm speechless, both houses are fabulous. It's definitely much different from before. The houses here were not that large and luxurious. 

My dad and Daehyun's must be woking really hard back then.

After the gates open automatically, we enter the house yard. Daehyun parks the car perfectly in the garage. He unbuckles my seatbelt and he wakes Taekwoon up. Daehyun and I are walking side by side while Taekwoon's walking ahead us. Taekwoon opens the main door. Soon he lies on the wide couch in front of the TV with his arm blocking his view. 

 

"Hyung, you'll cook breakfast for us, right?", Daehyun says as he squeezing Taekwoon's leg.

"Hmm.", Taekwoon replies, no moving from his position.

"Assa! Taekwoon hyung's cooking is no joke. He can be a chef if he's not into the music."

"I see. Anyway, Daehyun. What kind of meeting my dad and yours had? Are they working on a project together, or.."

"Aah, hmm.. Actually, I don't know that much but my dad said he'll come for breakfast together with your dad.",

 

Daehyun looks a little bit nervous but I just shrug it off. He leads me to the 2nd floor to show me his bedroom. I hesitate but then he explains that he just wants to show me some photos. I follow him behind. We arrive at the first room beside the staircase.

 

"Jjan. Welcome to daehyun's room! Don't be shy, It's not like I want to do something bad to you."

"Arasseo, Arasseo.."

 

 

"Omo, your bedroom is neater than mine. Are you sure this is your room?"

"Of course. I clean up my room regularly. Maybe it's you who rarely cleaned your room?"

"Yah, my room was pretty humane. Wanna see?", I say as I take out my iPhone and search my room's photo.

 

 

"It's pretty.. Narrow and messy."

 

I hit Daehyun's arm then I sit on the chair. He opens his drawer searching for something. Later he takes out a year book. It's actually our elementary school's year book. He sits on the rug and turns the yearbook to a particular page. He shows a picture of me with my long hair and wide smile. Beside my picture is Daehyun's. I can't help but laughing at his picture. He had mischievous look and spiky hair. He quickly turns to another page which contains some group photos. I realize that Daehyun and I were always side by side.

 

"We were pretty close back then aren't we? Look, you were always stand beside me."

"Yah, Jung Daehyun.", I poke his forehead because he seems blank, he didn't answer me.

"Ah, yes.. We're close."

 



 

quite long update~