(4) Smile

When Love Is Always Return

"Yah, Jung Daehyun.", I poke his forehead because he seems blank, he didn't answer me.

"Ah, yes.. We're close."

"You're weird."

"What?"

"The look in your eyes."

"Why? Tell me what's weird about it?", Daehyun says while bringing his face closer to mine.

"Yah, you ert!", I shout and push him hard until he's lying on the rug.

 

Daehyun's laughing hard, he's still a rascal afterall. I give him a smirk and grab a pillow behind me. I start hitting him with the pillow but he's still laughing. We just met again hours ago but I feel comfortable enough bickering with him. We might be a best friend back then, So I think that's why I already feel comfortable around him. I stop hitting him when I hear a door shut. It's not daehyun room's because it's wide open. Daehyun is finally stop laughing and get up to see outside. I follow him from behind. We're standing in front of a room beside daehyun's. 

 

"Hyung, Taekwoon hyung.", Daehyun knocks the door. Waiting for no reply, he opens the door slowly and enters the room. I take a peek behind the door

 

As expected, like Daehyun said, He's a truly musician. His room's pretty cool.

 

"Hyung, you said you'll cook for us. How can you sleep again now?", Daehyun says, squeezing Taekwoon's leg.

"I'm tired."

"Ah hyung, what should we eat for breakfast then? Appa and Dara's dad will join us later, remember?"

"I can.. cook too.", I hesitantly says, looking at Taekwoon who's lying facing the wall.

"What dara?", Daehyun says facing me, seems like he didn't hear what I just said.

"I can cook for us, Taekwoon.. Oppa must be really tired.", I hesitantly address oppa to Taekwoon.

"Really? You can cook too?", Daehyun's walking towards me.

"Of course, I learnt from my grandmother and aunt, I did well with korean food too."

"Great! Okay, hyung. You may continue your sleep, I'll call you when breakfast's ready.", Daehyun says as he pushes my back walking outside the room, leaving the sleeping Taekwoon.

 

We're finally at the kitchen. Daehyun offers himself to be my 'assistant', So I ask him to take out all the ingredients needed. I want to make korean's breakfast, since I haven't made one for my dad before. I ask Daehyun to take care of the meat while I'll cook the rest. I thought he'll be less noisy when we cook, but I was wrong. He's still talking and joking, a lot. This guy's energy is no joke I think. We spent almost 1 hour to finish all the foods.  Happy with the result, I take pictures of them with my iPhone.

 

"The first korean's breakfast I made~ Aigoo, so pretty..", I mumble to myself.

 

 

 

 

"This one is made by rascal, Jung Daehyun."

 

 

"Cute.."

"What did you say, Dae?"

"Huh? I just talk to myself."

"Saying that you're cute, huh? Aigoo, Cutie Daehyun-ie..", I says while pinching both of his cheeks. Then I serve the food at the dining table.

"Yah, are you planning to standing still there and not helping me? Take out 5 glasses, 5 plates, 5 bowls, and 5 sets of utensil."

"Tsk, Arasseo.", He answers and pouts at me.

"Guk Guk"

"Daehyun-ah, is it dee?"

"Oh, it is."

"I want to see dee.."

"Okay, I'll finish up here."

"Thanks!"

 

I leave the kitchen and follow the sound. I see Taekwoon playing with a dog near the swimming pool. I walk towards them with light step. I think it'll be awkward with Taekwoon but since I want to see Dee and already said that to Daehyun before, I gather my courage to approach them.

 

"You're awake..", I say while standing beside Taekwoon.

"Uh, yes."

"Just now? I didn't see you going down."

"Yes."

"It's Dee, right? So cute.." I squat down near Dee caressing its fur.

 

 

"Yes."

 

Too awkward.. Aish, what should I say?

 

"Oppa"

"Dara"

"You may say it first..", I say to him. My voice volume is getting lower. 

 

Why should we talked at the same time, really..

 

"Mianhae."

"For.. What?"

"Are you tired?"

"No.. I'm fine, I was sleeping well on the plane."

 

What does he want to tell me? He's not answering my question.

 

"Oh.. What did you want to tell me?", he says while glancing at me once.

 

What, that's it?

 

"Hmm, just.. Since you're older than me, I naturally call you oppa. Is it okay with you?"

"Yes."

"It's not okay."

"Oh, Daehyun-ah", I see him approaching us.

"You call Taekwoon hyung by oppa but you call me rascal? I'm older than you by few months, call me oppa too!", He commands tugging his hand on my shirt.

"Really? I don't want too."

"Yah, you don't want to?", Daehyun starts tickling me. 

"Yah! Stop it, Jung Daehyun!"

"I don't want to~"

 

While we're bickering (again), Taekwoon gets up from his seat and walks inside the house. Dee's following him from behind. I realize that the doorbell's ringing. I run inside the house, getting excited to meet my dad. Taekwoon opens the door and there are my dad and Mr. Jung. He bows politely to them.

 

"Appa!! I miss you!", I half shouting

"Dear Dara! I miss you a lot too..", He hugs me tightly.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Jang.", Daehyun bows to his dad and my dad.

"Ah, Dara, you haven't greet Mr. Jung.", My dad releases me.

"Ah, yes, Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Jung. Nice to meet you again."

"Nice to meet you too, Dara. You look pretty even with short hair. You were long-haired before, right?"

"Yes, thanks Mr. Jung.."

"Dara and I cook many foods for breakfast today, let's eat before they're cold.", Daehyun invites all of us to the dining room.

 

I sit beside my dad who seats in front of Mr. Jung. Daehyun sits beside his dad and Taekwoon sits beside Daehyun.

 

"Waah, you really cook a lot", Mr. Jung says.

"Since I haven't cook breakfast for appa before, I want to cook many dishes."

"You're doing good, Dara.", my dad says as he patting my head.

"Try the Dwenjang Chigae first appa.", I laddle the soup to a bowl.

"Hmm, It's delicious, really. I thought you're only good with western food, dear."

"Of course, I'll cook more often for you dad."

"The japchae and egg roll are really good too, Dara.", Mr. Jung says putting his thumbs up.

"Noone wants to try the meat? I cook it myself, right Dara?", Daehyun says slightly pouting.

"Meat is meat daehyun-ah. It must be delicious since it's the first class Hanwoo.", Mr. Jung says while munching an eggroll into his mouth.

"Ah, appa!"

"Give it to me Daehyun, I didn't get to taste it before.", I say while holding my laugh.

"Okay. Here..", He clamp the meat with his chopstick. I bring my plate closer to him.

"Eey, just open your mouth.", he pushes my plate away.

"What now, Jung Daehyun?", I want to take a meat by myself but Daehyun grabs my chopstick with his left hand.

"Aaah.", I unwillingly open my mouth. The rascal Jung Daehyun smiles widely.

 

My dad and Mr. Jung are just laughing soundlessly. We're talking about this and that. I look at Taekwoon who's eating peacefully. He puts his pokerface, I can't really read his expression. I want to know his opinion about the foods, but since he's eating well I assume he doesn't hate them. After we finish the breakfast, Mr. Jung and my dad are walking to the living room leaving me, Daehyun, and Taekwoon. I decide to make orange juice. Daehyun and Taekwoon are washing the dishes. But then Taekwoon's leaving Daehyun. He brings a box of dogfood with him.

 

"Here, one glass for Daehyun who's working hard washing the dishes.", I put a glass on a counter.

"Thanks, Dara!", Daehyun throws his wide smile.

 

I bring the glasses to the living room and set them to a table in front of my dad and Mr. Jung. I smile at them then leave. One last glass is for Taekwoon. I walk to the sidepool assuming that he'll be there with Dee. My guessing is right. Taekwoon's feeding Dee with a light smile pasted on his face. I'm quite surprised that I stop walking. Taekwoon glances behind him and finds me who's standing still with a glass of orange juice on my hand. He stares blankly at me, so I start walking towards him.

 

"Here.", I say simply.

"Thanks."

 

I'm about to walking away but then I hear Taekwoon calling my name. I turn to him again.

 

"The breakfast..", He says hesitantly. I'm waiting for him to continue.

"Delicious."

"Thank you.", I say then I walk inside the house. Unknowingly, I smile widely.

 

 



 

4th Chapter, I'll be glad to know whether I'm doing good or not, please leave a comment ^^