Tutoring - Miyoung

Love At School ♡

-xXx-

"But you said that you'd help me study for the big unit exam!" she whined, watching as Dahae walked around the room and packed.

"I know. I'm sorry. But Donghae's parents are only staying until Wednesday and I want them to accept me..." she trailed off, pausing. "...but if you really can't give up on it, I'll cancel for today. But just for today Miyoung."

Miyoung sighed.

"As much as I would like to, I can't let you do that either," Miyoung admitted as Dahae continued her packing. "What should I do instead then though?"

"Self-study then? Everyone else usually does that in the library," Dahae suggested as she swung her bag on her shoulders. "I mean, if you run out of options."

She paused in the doorway, facing Miyoung.

"I have to go now to pick his parents up from the airport. I really am sorry," she apologized again. "See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow," Miyoung repeated with a wave as Dahae climbed into Donghae's car, giving him a greeting kiss Miyoung did not need to see before the two drove off.

Miyoung huffed.

"Thanks anyway."

She walked back inside, pulling out her phone and calling her friends, starting with Sooyeon.

"Of all days," Sooyeon muttered over the phone, the distinct sound of traffic blaring into Miyoung's ear as she swung her school bag on her shoulder. "Not today sorry. My family is visiting our grandparents who live out of town. We'll be back tomorrow or the day after."

"Thanks anyways," Miyoung quickly excused before hanging up. She made sure she had her keys and library card before heading out, dialing another number.

"Minjung and I are trying that new Korean BBQ place in the next town over. The reviews say it's to die for," Nabi answered, her eagerness spilling into the receiver.

"You guys are always eating," Miyoung joked.

"Food is the best happiness," Nabi threw back playfully. "But what about Dahae?"

"Donghae's parents are coming to town and she wants to make a good impression," Miyoung explained. "We can about it later."

"Definitely," Nabi promised. "Bye."

"Thanks anyways. Enjoy your food," Miyoung stated.

"Of course," Nabi answered before the two hung up. Miyoung stared at the large library building before entering.

*I'm here. Might as well work.*

She picked an empty desk and opened her textbook, staring at the boring pages.

-2 Hours Later-

Miyoung lifted her head from the book and glanced at the clock on the wall.

*4? I stopped working to enjoy my music for a few minutes and I fell asleep? Man, this sh*t is too boring.*

Miyoung turned to her book again, groaning but studying again. She needed to do well on the test.

After a few seconds - seconds - high-pitched, annoying giggling brought her attention to the front of the library. A large crowd of girls were surrounding one male - a King she guessed - who was listening to his iPod and staring into space. She looked a little closer and between some of the girls' heads, she could finally make out who he was - Lay.

Then, all of a sudden, he turned, as if he had been looking for her, and he casually walked over. He stopped in front of Miyoung's table, passing and ignoring all the fangirls who turned their attention with disdain and jealousy to Miyoung.

"Hey Miyoung," he greeted calmly, without his usual smile as if he could tell the fangirls were going to murder her. He turned to the crowd with an annoyed voice.

"Please leave."

Reluctantly, the girls dispersed although they gave Miyoung one last dirty look before leaving. Only one girl remained, one of the queens. She was beautiful and always calm - the leader - the ice queen.

She sauntered over, not even throwing a glance at Miyoung before linking her arm casually with Lay's.

"Hey Lay-Oppa. What are you doing here? You never study unlike some of the others here," she questioned with an underlying tone. She gave a smile, just bordering on flirting and friendly.

"What do you want Jessica?" Lay questioned in monotone.

"Well I was hoping you could, since you're here, study with me," Jessica suggested, her fake nails sinking into his arm as she tightened her grip like a claim of territory.

"Sorry. I'm taken as a tutor already," Lay retorted, not sounding apologetic at all. "I'm helping Miyoung here." 

Miyoung blinked, confused as to when all of that had been arranged.

"But Oppa, even with the greatest minds of the world helping her cheat, she wouldn't pass," Jessica complained, narrowing her eyes in a quick glare towards the said female. Miyoung stood her ground, confused but still with her pride.

"You should leave now. You look desparate and ugly acting like that," Lay warned, pulling her hands off of his arm and turning away from her. He took the seat beside Miyoung as Jessica took the hint, throwing one final icy glare at Miyoung before leaving, her head held just as high as before.

"Sorry about that," Lay apologized sincerely, matching Miyoung's eyes. "What do you need help in first?"

"Hold on a second. What are you talking about?" Miyoung asked, her brows meeting together in confusion. He smiled.

"Dahae asked me to be your exam tutor since she felt guilty," he explained calmly. He poked her between the brows. "Don't worry. I'll make you pass."

Miyoung's jaw dropped as she blushed, wondering what Dahae had just signed her up for.

-xXx-