Going Out

Love At School ♡

-xXx-

"That was a total nightmare," Miyoung complained as she and Sooyeon headed out of school.

"Is that so?" Sooyeon questioned blankly, her eyes on the book in her hands. If Miyoung noticed, she gave no indication and continued to speak.

"I couldn't remember anything I studied," Miyoung admitted, her voice turning into a murmur. "All because stupid Lay and that after school date..."

Sooyeon looked up at that, eyes narrowing.

"Lay and what?" she inquired, her full attention on Miyoung now. Miyoung looked back at her, startled, and the two stood in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Lay invited me out today...on a double date with Dahae and Donghae," Miyoung answered honestly. Sooyeon gave her a hard look.

"Are you two...official now?" Sooyeon asked with realization.

"Shh!" Miyoung shushed, placing her hands over Sooyeon's mouth as pedestrians gave the two an odd look. "Don't let Jessica know!"

Sooyeon pushed Miyoung's hands away without second thought.

"What does this have to do with Jessica?" Sooyeon questioned, her voice in that deathly calm tone again. Miyoung winced.

"Well...doesn't she like Lay?" Miyoung reminded.

"So?" Sooyeon probed, her voice gentler.

"She's...your cousin, right?" Miyoung confirmed, recalling the conversation from before.

"So?" Sooyeon repeated. "Jessica's been a jerk for the past few years. She can stuff it until she learns to speak politely again, especially to her elders."

Miyoung wanted to gawk but decided not to.

"More importantly," Sooyeon continued. "Does he make you happy?"

"What?" Miyoung squeaked, blushing.

"He didn't force you to become his girlfriend or anything like that, right?" Sooyeon asked, eyes narrowing.

"Nothing like that!" Miyoung half-shouted, horrified. "I like him!...I'm really happy around him."

Sooyeon stared at her a moment longer before sighing. 

"Fine I'll approve for now. But if you make her cry, I will punch the daylights out of you Neighbor," Sooyeon warned.

"Neighbor?" Miyoung repeated, confused. Arms wrapped around her shoulders, dusting her cheeks pink.

"That would be me," Lay's voice answered by her ear.

"Lay!" she squeaked, surprised. Sooyeon didn't look pleased (or comfortable), but as promised, she didn't do anything.

"Donghae and Dahae are on their way," Lay stated towards the unspoken question.

"Ew Hyung! Could have warned me!" Tao complained, covering his eyes with his hands. "I don't want to see you and your new girlfriend doing PDA."

"Tao, your definition of PDA includes holding hands," Lay reminded incredulously. 

"So does Umma's," Miyoung added, noticing the expression on the elder female's face. 

"You and Dahae behave. Make sure your phones are charged too," Sooyeon warned. "I'm going to the library."

"As always," Miyoung noted, nodding. "We'll be fine. It's just a date."

Sooyeon made a face at Lay, half-uncomfortable and half-promising future pain, before turning around and walking off.

"Let me come too," Tao interjected, making his own face at the duo, pure embarrassment. He ran and with his long legs, caught up with Sooyeon in no time. The new-couple watched the two walk away.

"They'd make a good couple..." Donghae trailed off, appearing out of nowhere.

"You know..." Dahae agreed, Donghae and her exchanging knowing looks. 

"No," Miyoung interrupted once Lay and her had gotten over their shock, recognizing that look. "Nuh-uh! Last time you had that look, you tried setting up that guy with Umma; she nearly broke the guy's arm and was angry for a month."

"It seemed like a good idea at the time," she retorted. "Besides, I didn't know he was taken!...or that she was a master black belt at taekwondo..."

"Well now you know! So don't," Miyoung warned.

"Well, Tao's a black belt in wushu. At the very least, she can't break his arm," Donghae inserted.

"And besides, Tao's a sweetheart underneath the dark circles. It wouldn't hurt to try right?" Lay asked innocently, one hand draped casually over Miyoung's shoulders.

"3 against 1 isn't fair!" she exclaimed. "...And where are we going?"

"The happiest place on earth!" Donghae decided, smiling.

"Disneyland?!" Dahae questioned, eyes sparkling. Donghae faltered.

"Not quite," Lay answered for him as he led the two girls into the car limo. "But it's quite close."

-One Limo Ride Later-

"Lotte World!" Dahae cheered, eyes glittering.

"She likes amusement parks?" Lay guessed.

"You have no idea," Donghae answered with amusement. He grabbed Dahae's hand casually as the two went to get tickets. Lay awkwardly coughed and offered his own hand. Miyoung stared with confusion for a moment but quickly realized and interlocked fingers with his. They both blushed, laughed, and followed the HaeHae couple to get tickets.

The two couples went their separate ways eventually and decided to meet up again for dinner at a small cute cafe beside the amusement park across the street from a music store.

"Happy?" Donghae teased, smiling.

"Obviously," Dahae answered, grinning back. The amusement park was about to close and the two duos were tired...plus there was still school tomorrow.

"Those people are a cute couple," Dahae and Miyoung remarked at once, talking about a duo in front of the music shop.

"That's Henry's music store," Donghae explained, ignoring the couple and talking about the shop. "He's been talking nonstop about this girl he met there."

The two couples sat at a table where they could still see the other couple.

"Maybe the music shop has a love spell over its customers," Lay joked as the waiter came over. They gave him their order, deciding to split their food - one chicken galbi for Miyoung and Lay with one pork bibimbap for Donghae and Dahae.

Dahae rested her head on Donghae's shoulder comfortably, fingers intwined, while Lay's arm was around Miyoung's shoulders, leaving her to blush. The two couples talked until their food arrived and luckily, it came soon.

 

As they ate, Donghae began talking about his sister who was graduating college next week. Miyoung glared and Dahae jabbed him in the ribs, earning a cry of protest and a pout.

"Don't bring up sisters," Dahae reminded in a whisper.

However, Lay's focus was on the couple across the street.

"Hey you guys...doesn't that look like Henry and Nabi?" he questioned, chewing absentmindedly on some galbi.

"Ha! Yeah right! Henry and a gi-"

Donghae glanced at the couple and stopped mid-sentence, shocked. He even dropped his chopsticks.

"Oh my gosh," Dahae verbalized as it was Henry and he was holding Nabi's hand as the two laughed at something together.

"Man, she's even sharing food with him!" Miyoung pointed out, somewhat surprised and somewhat jealous. "She rarely even shares with me...Guess they're a super cute couple then."

"They might hear us," Lay scolded the three before calling over a waiter. "Can we take a cake to-go?"

"Well, at least it's a pretty cake?" Miyoung offered, tearing her attention away from the 'couple' across the street.

"It reminds me of you and how sweet you are," Lay complimented, grabbing her hand. 

"That's so sweet. You're the best," Miyoung declared, hugging him. Donghae and Dahae mimed barfing motions. Lay rolled his eyes.

"Come on. Let's see if we can watch a new movie," he urged.

"What should we see then?" Dahae questioned as the group left - Donghae and Lay had split the bill.

"How about the new horror film that came out last week?" Donghae offered, putting his arm around Dahae's shoulders.

"Are you saying that so you have an excuse to hold onto me during the movie?" Dahae questioned suspiciously.

"Probably," Lay answered for him. "But I also heard the rating and reviews were good. It'll be fun. Come on."

The girls looked at each other and shrugged. Oh well.

-xXx-