Date

Love At School ♡

-xXx-

"What did I agree to?" Dahae questioned, pacing back and forth. Minjung and Nabi walked in, plastic bags filled with spicy ramen take-out in their hands.

"What's with all the commotion Dahae? I could hear it from my apartment," Minjung asked as the two began setting up their meal.

"She's worried about her date with Donghae," Miyoung teased from the couch, playing Final Fantasy. "No! No! Sephiroth you evil b******! Argh!"

"So in other words, nothing serious," Minjung rephrased, rolling her eyes as she and Nabi took a bite, Miyoung still cursing in the background.

"It's not nothing Minjung!" Dahae screeched, pacing even faster now. "What happens if something goes wrong and all the fangirls go after my head?!"

"You'll be fine. You're just hanging out at his house right? Like old times?" Sooyeon reminded, entering the living room with a book at hand.

"Yeah," Dahae breathed in answer, pausing.

"So just act like it's one of us and you'll be fine," Sooyeon advised, taking a seat on the couch beside Miyoung and immediately scolding her on her crude language.

"Yeah," Dahae muttered to herself. "That could work." as she grabed her bag and made her way to Donghae's house

-15 Minutes Later-

"Nothing bad is going to happen. I'll be fine," Dahae muttered to herself, trying to ignore the foreboding feeling hanging over her. She raised her hand to knock just as the door flung open and the four other Kings walked out.

"Why is Donghae kicking us out Lay?" Tao questioned, hugging a panda bear doll with a yawn.

"Oh hey Dahae. Didn't see you there," Lay greeted, pushing Tao aside in case he said something else he shouldn't have.

"You guys aren't going to stay?" Dahae asked, raising a brow.

"No. We need to pick up more sweets and snacks for Tao," Henry quickly excused as Lay got Tao into Jaejoong's car before he spilled anymore embarrassing secrets. 

"Ok bye?" she stated as they drove off. Donghae poked his head out of the doorway with a nervous smile.

"You're here," he declared happily. "Come on in. I have everything ready just like before."

Dahae entered, barely noticing his trembling voice at her own nervousness.

"So what are we doing?" Dahae asked, smiling.

"Well, let's see," Donghae trailed off as the two entered his living room with familiarity. She blinked.

In front of the TV - which had grown at least two sizes bigger and added a new sound system from the last time she had visited - movies, video games, and the latest video game systems were lying in piles, including one she was sure wasn't quite released yet. On the table was piles of junk food that she and Donghae always enjoyed from chips to dips and she remembered with envy that he was a rich boy.

*Lucky butthead.*

"We got a new hoop for the basketball court in the backyard too. We could shoot some hoops first," Donghae suggested, taking a seat on his own couch comfortably. He picked up the cup of soda beside him and took a sip.

Dahae recalled that when she had first befriended the male, it hadn't been for money; although it was a plus, but who could deny it wasn't? It had been because they had a similar sense of humor and soon after simply because they liked the same things. It had grown, but it had been a while since she felt the nostalgic stir in her chest.

"We have the whole house to ourselves today," he added, waiting for her response.

"Then let's shoot some hoops," Dahae decided, smirking - it really was like old times. "Let's see if I can still kick your as easily as in middle school."

"Oh you're on," Donghae accepted, laughing as the two headed towards the court - as though nothing had changed and they were back in middle school once again.

After an hour of one-on-one - a tie game - the two returned inside the house, sweating and exhausted but laughing. 

"Pizza?" Donghae offered, picking up the house phone.

"Medium cheese," Dahae answered, smiling. The two always got one and shared it back in middle school. She left him to order and took a seat on the couch, letting the adrenaline slowly fade away.

"Want something to drink?" Donghae questioned from the kitchen.

"Just water," she threw back. He entered the room soon after, two waters at hand.

"What should we do now?" he wondered, handing her one cup and taking the seat beside her.

"Movie marathon or video game competition?" Dahae asked back, drinking down a few gulps and adjusting herself to lean on Donghae's shoulder, not caring how they were both sweaty and gross - just like old times.

"Movie marathon," Donghae answered with a smile. "At least until the pizza arrives. Any suggestions for a movie?"

"Throw anything in," Dahae lazily stated, letting the male get up and toss a random disc in. He left the room while I booted the TV and player and returned just as I was about to play, draping a blanket across our laps and putting his arm around me comfortably - like we did before.

-30 Minutes Later-

The doorbell rang, startling them in the midst of the movie.

"Must be the pizza. I'll get it," Donghae offered, grabbing his wallet and leaving. Dahae stretched out on the couch, feeling the fatigue from the basketball game hit. She moved back to her place when Donghae came back with two plates, each with two slices of pizza.

"Thanks," Dahae thanked with a smile as she settled back into his grasp.

"Pay me back later," he joked like back in middle school when she had always insisted she'd pay half but he wouldn't take yes for an answer. She laughed at the familiarity before the two returned to their movie once again, eating pizza. 

Once the pizza was gone (well, mostly), Dahae comfortably leaned against his shoulder while his head rested lightly on top of hers in silence, the movie around 3/4 done. Donghae glanced at Dahae from the corner of his eyes, lifting his head from hers. He gazed over her closed eyes and even breaths.

His gaze lingered an extra moment before he swiveled his head and placed a chaste kiss on her lips. He blushed before turning back to the movie, too embarrassed to even look back at Dahae and realize her eyes had grown wide and was blushing madly.

*Did he just...kiss me?!*

-xXx-