Chapter 7: Enter Villain

I Am Me

     Gi Young's P.O.V.       

             I was EXTREMELY reluctant to open my eyes in the morning.  In fact, I was ready to tell my Umma that I got sick over night just to avoid going to college.  Unfortunately, my conscious rebelled against that idea.  I was shocked and disgusted with myself for even considering not going to my classes. 

            Ryu Gi Young.  Are you a coward?  You survived so many years of emotional torment, never missing a day of school.  You’ve been in countless fights. . . your life’s been on the line MORE THAN ONCE.  Now, you want to skip classes just because of some stupid boy that you barely even know?!  This is ridiculous.  YOU ARE NOT WRECKING YOUR PERFECT ATTENDANCE STREAK AND YOUR GRADES FOR THIS.  GET.UP.

            I was extremely grateful for the little voice inside my head.  I managed to get out of bed and go into the bathroom.  When I finished showering and brushing my teeth, I threw my PJ’s back on so I could root through my closet for something to wear.  When I got out of the bathroom, I saw all my clothes strewn across the floor. . . and what was better, MORE of my clothes were being tossed out of my closet in front of my very eyes.  Umma wouldn’t do something like that.  A robber perhaps?  Wait a second. . . what kind of robber robs a house IN THE MORNING?  I warily walked over to my closet, hands clenched into fists in case I had to act fast.  I was just about to raise my fists when a jacket came flying out of the closet, hitting me in the face.

            “You REALLY need to invest in more fashionable clothing,” a very familiar voice said.

            “SOOJ?!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING?!” I shouted. 

            “I came to pick you up.  Duh.”

            “At 5:30?!  I don’t even leave the house until 7:15!!!!”

            “Well. . . I felt like helping you out with your outfit today.  Plus, do you know how AMAZING your Umma’s breakfast is?”

            I rolled my eyes as Soo Jin continued to raid my closet.  “All right, this will have to do for today. . .” she said, holding up a pair of dark blue jeans and a sleeveless, grey top (minus the heels of course).

            I saw no point in fighting with her.  “All right. . . at least I’ll be able to move in these.  By the way, you know what today’s lunch schedule is right?”

            She sighed.  “Neh. . .  Today is Spontaneous Sports Day.”  I grinned widely.  Every lunch, Soo Jin came with me to the P.E. fields.  Each day, I would be practicing a different sport:  Sometimes basketball, sometimes volleyball, sometimes soccer, etc.  There would be some days, however, where I would play as many sports possible in the thirty minutes I had for lunch.  It was crazy, intense, and the most invigorating thing I ever got to do. 

            Sooj threw the clothes at me.  “Now get dressed so we can eat!”

              I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom to change.  “Just go downstairs and start eating!” I called, “I’ll be down in a bit!”  I quickly finished putting on my clothes and tying my hair back into a high ponytail before proceeding downstairs.  Sooj’s and Umma’s laughter reached my ears as I walked into the kitchen.  Umma appraised my outfit.

            “Nice outfit,” she commented, “did Soo Jin pick it out?”  I looked at her with a “you-think-I-could-pick-something-like-this-out?” expression on my face.  She chuckled.  “Nice pick Soo Jin,” she said.

            “Why thank you Auntie,” Soo Jin replied, pretending to bow.  I shook my head and poured myself some cereal.  Soo Jin and I spent some time talking to Umma before we decided it was time to leave. 

            “Bye Umma/Auntie!” Soo Jin and I said at the same time.

            “Bye girls!  Have a wonderful day at the University!”

            The car ride to college was a bit quiet.  “Hey. . . are you okay?” Soo Jin asked me, “you seem kinda. . . edgy.”

            “Yeah. . . I’m fine,” I said, trying to reassure her.  In truth, I had started thinking about what would happen at college today.  I quickly racked my brain for something to talk about so I could distract myself.  “So. . .” I said, “you gonna actually SAY something to Jonghyun-ssi today?”

            She blushed.  “Ani. . . wae?”

            “You should.  He looks interested in you.  And I KNOW you’re interested in him.”

            “How would you know he’s interested?  All he did was look at me!”

            “YEAH, AND HE SMILED WHEN HE SAW YOU BLUSHING!  HE TOTALLY THOUGHT YOU LOOKED CUTE.”

            She gasped.  “He SAW that?!  Omo~ Now I have to go die in a hole.”

            I smirked.  “I swear, he probably DID think it was cute.  You looked cute to me!”

            “YOU WERE IN A STATE OF SHOCK.  WHY SHOULD I TRUST ANYTHING YOU SAY.”

            “Just because you’re in a state of shock doesn’t mean you become BLIND SOOJ,” I shot back, rolling my eyes.  Suddenly, an evil thought came to my mind.  “So. . . you never really DENIED anything when I said you were interested in Jonghyun-ssi.  Any particular reason?” I asked innocently.

            “A-a-ani. . .” she stuttered.  I chuckled, my mind set.

            “Mmmm, really?  Then you wouldn’t mind me telling you I saw him with his girlfriend on my way to the park on Saturday?”

            Soo Jin braked the car at a red light so hard that I flew forward.  Her knuckles had turned white because they were clenched against the steering wheel so hard.  “G-g-girlfriend?” she asked.  I nodded, trying to keep a straight face.  “H-how nice. . .” she said.  She sounded so sad that I instantly regretted playing this trick on her.  I just wanted her to admit to me that she had the world’s BIGGEST crush on Jonghyun. 

            “Hey. . .Sooj.  I. . . I was only joking.  Jonghyun-ssi doesn’t have a girlfriend anymore remember?”  My next words were lost as Soo Jin smacked me on the back of the head.

            “YAH!  YOU PABO!  I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY TOLD ME SOMETHING LIKE THAT!  I WAS SO UPSET.  YES, I DO BLUSH WHEN I’M AROUND HIM.  YES, I DID GET HOPEFUL WHEN HE BROKE UP WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND.  YES, I.LIKE.KIM.JONGHYUN.  I DON-”

            I was laughing so hard that I drowned out the rest of her sentence.  “WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?!”

            “Because you finally admitted it!”

            “What the hell are you ta-” her eyes widened in shock when she realized that she had just told me she had been crushing on Jonghyun.  I snickered once more as her whole face turned tomato red.  She sighed, knowing that she couldn’t hide it anymore.  “All right. . . all right. . . I. . . lasdkfj;asdjf;slkdf;hyun.”

            “Sorry?” I said, smirking, “I didn’t quite catch that.”

            “I said. . . I like Kim Jonghyun,” Soo Jin replied after a deep breath.  She refused to meet my eyes.

            “Why didn’t you tell me?  I mean. . . it didn’t take long for me to figure it out, but still. . . you could’ve said something,” I said, playfully punching her shoulder.

            “Oh well. . . you know now right?” she said.

            I grinned.  “I just wanted to hear it come out of your mouth,” I said.  She rolled her eyes and pulled into Seoul University’s parking lot.  We both got out and walked towards campus.  Soo Jin was greeted with the usual “hello’s” and “you look so pretty today’s” and “wanna hang out after classes?’s.”  I was greeted with the glares and dark whispers that came from the girls and the usual stares from the guys.  I kept my face smooth, void of all emotion.  These things didn’t really phase me, but I would be lying if I said I wanted this to be my life for the rest of my college career.  Soo Jin and I decided to go to first period a little early so we could get our seats.  I followed Soo Jin, barely paying attention as she chattered idly.  The cause of my uneasiness was simple:  I shared my first class, Advanced Chemistry, not only with Soo Jin, but with Choi Minho.  I took a deep breath before I entered the class room, composing myself.  Come one you coward, I scolded myself, keep your cool.  I fixed on my usual expressionless face as I walked inside the classroom. 

            The first thing that I saw when I walked into the classroom:  The ENORMOUS crowd of girls standing around Minho’s desk, trying to get his attention.  “Oppppaaaaaaaa,” I heard some of them whine, “do you want to do hang out after classes?  We could play sports or something.”

            I growled in my head, knowing perfectly well that they probably didn’t even know the definition of the world “sport.”  “Sorry, I’m busy,” came the cool reply.  I smirked as I saw how upset the girls became. 

            “Oh it’s okay Oppa!  Maybe some other time?” they asked him.

            “Maybe,” he said as the girls squealed in excitement.  The teacher had not come into the classroom yet.  Soo Jin went out of the classroom to speak with a friend of hers about the test we had taken the previous Friday, so I just walked to my seat. 

            Unfortunately, my morning was not going to be easy.  I started looking for my seat, only to find it surrounded by another group of girls.  Great. . . are they trying to pull a prank on me already?  I haven’t even done anything yet. . .  I was pretty annoyed at that point, so I just pushed past all the girls in an attempt to reach my seat.  I felt a bunch of glares boring into my back as I passed, but I honestly didn’t care at that point.  When I finally pushed past the crowd of girls, I finally got a clear view of my seat.  There was a boy sitting on top of my desk:  Kang Chae Hun.  I had seen the guy around a few times, but I wasn’t close with him at all.  He was what all the girls thought of as the definition of “hot” (after the SHINee boys of course).  There had been a few times when I had noticed him staring at me around the university, but I brushed it off.  I was not interested.  A group of four boys were nearby, probably his friends.

            The girls shifted slightly, breaking the circle so if anyone wanted to, they’d be able to see my desk.  Chae Hun looked up and smirked when he saw me approach where he was sitting.  I struggled to not roll my eyes.  “Excuse me,” I said, trying to be polite, “but you’re sitting on my desk.  Can you please move?”  Chae Hun looked at me with an eyebrow raised

            “Mmm. . . No.”

            I was taken aback by his refusal.  “Er. . .wae?”

            “Let me rephrase that.  I’ll leave, IF you agree to go out with me,” he said, smirking again.  Unfortunately, everyone in the room had chosen to quiet down at that exact moment.  In other words, EVERYONE heard what he had just said. All eyes me.  I didn’t have to look behind me to know that a lot of girls were shooting lasers at my back.  I couldn’t believe this was happening.  Sure, a lot of guys confessed to me, no big deal.  I really didn’t care, but at least I didn’t have to reject anyone with everyone in the class staring at me.  I managed to keep my expression neutral.

            “Sorry, not interested,” I said, “please move.”

            “Not until you say yes.”

            “I already told you, I’m not interested.”

            “Is there someone else?” he questioned, he eyes narrowed.

            “No,” I said coldly, “even if there was, why would you care?  Anyways, like I said, I’m just not interested in you.”

            “Impossible,” he scoffed, “every available girl in this university. . . No, scratch that, EVERY girl in this university has had their eye on me at least once in their life.  Most of them still do.”

            “Well,” I said, “I don’t.  Never have, never will.  And the last time I checked, the SHINee boys were the kingkas of this University.  Not you.  So check your mouth before you start talking nonsense about all the girls fawning over you.”  Even though it’s probably true. . . I silently thought to myself.

            I heard a collective “ooooooh” from the kids in our class as those words left my mouth.  This is turning out to be a bigger scene than it needed to be.  Why now?

            He slid off my desk and walked towards me.  “Come on babe, don’t be like that; you can’t be saying that your head-over-heels with the SHINee boys,” he crooned.  He had come uncomfortably close to me.  I could feel his breath on my face.

            I lifted up two fingers and used them to prod his chest and push him away from me.  “First of all, I’m not your ‘babe,’ so you can get that thought out of your head right now.  Second, I’m ‘head-over-heels’ with no one.  Third, what is your problem?”

            He smirked at my response to his closeness.  “Yes, you ARE my babe.  Also, my problem is is that you refuse to acknowledge me as your boyfriend when other girls practically throw themselves at me for this kind of opportunity.  I figured you’d say you didn’t like them.  It’s because you secretly like me back right?”

            I was starting to get really irritated.  How thick-skulled could someone get?  I hated guys like this:  typical douche-bags.  The “bad-boy” that every girl would kill to go out with.  Already, my attitude towards Chae Hun was making many girls clench their fists in anger.

            “Get this through that thick skull of yours:  I want absolutely nothing to do with you.  You’re going to have to sort out this problem on your own because I have no intention of being your girlfriend.  Or your friend for that matter.  Get out of my way,” I growled as I tried to push past him.  He grabbed my hand.

            “Uh uh uh, not so fast.  You’re just gonna go like that?  I don’t think so.  You WILL be my girlfriend.”

            I yanked my hand out of his grip.  “How about no,” I said icily, “don’t ever touch me without my permission again.”

            He was about to reply when a deep voice spoke up.  “She already told you to leave her alone Chae Hun.  Why don’t you just back off?”  I looked over to see the owner of the voice.  None other than Choi Minho himself came strolling over.  My heart stuttered in my chest.  Why am I reacting like this?  It’s just Minho.  It’s not like I care. . .

            “Why don’t you just go mind your own business pretty boy?” Chae Hee mocked as he turned around to face me again.  “Now where were we. . .” he muttered.  He reached up to my cheek. 

            My hand flew up so fast that he didn’t even have time blink in shock when I grabbed his wrist.  Apparantly, my hand flew up quite hard, because the sound of my palm slapping against his wrist was extremely loud.  Everyone in the class had their eyes focused on me.  No one was breathing.  I had NEVER let myself show any emotion while I was on campus.  I could care less; my blood was boiling with rage.

            “How dare you,” I managed to spit, my grip on his wrist tightening with every word, “I told you.  Don’t.touch.me.  I will NEVER be interested in a person like you.”  I saw him begin to wince at my grip.  I threw his wrist away from my face.  “You disgust me,” I finally said.  He gripped his wrist in pain.

            “I WILL make you mine,” Chae Hun said, staring at me.

            “Get out of her face.”  My heart almost stopped beating entirely.  Minho stood next to me, his arms crossed, glaring at Chae Hun.  “Why don’t you go cry about your ‘oh-so-perfect’ wrist having red marks on it?  Oh and don’t blame her, blame yourself for thinking that she was like all the other girls.”

            There was a pindrop silence as everyone looked at Minho in shock.  I too, just stared at Minho after he said those words.  I couldn’t help it.  No one had ever stood up for me in these types of situations.  Forget that, none of the kingkas had ever walked in on someone else’s fight. . .Knowing that there was someone to back me up. . . it was. . . nice.  Chae Hun looked like he was ready to hit Minho, but at that moment, the bell rang and the teacher rushed in.  “Everyone take your seat now,” Mr. Lee said.  Chae Hun and his cronies shot Minho and I one final glare before going to their seats.  The crowd broke up quickly as class started.  I took my seat and heard Soo Jin sit down next to me.  It didn’t look like she had seen anything.  Good, I wouldn’t want to worry her about this anyways. . .  Minho and I didn’t have time to say anything to each before Mr. Lee told us to sit, so he simply nodded and walked back to his seat.  I felt a small smile pull at my lips as I remembered him standing up to Chae Hun.

            I wish. . . I wish that I could understand why I felt this way. . . I don’t know what’s happening to me anymore. . .

            The sound of Mr. Lee’s voice broke me out of my thoughts.  “Okay class, before I hand back your tests-”  Everyone groaned before Mr. Lee called us back to attention.  “Listen!  Before I hand back your tests, I’m going to have everyone change seats today.  Everyone groaned even louder.  I looked at Soo Jin; she was pouting at me.

            “Awww man!” she said.  I chuckled.  She wouldn’t have any problems getting along with her new seat-mate, so I wasn’t really concerned.  I would just have to keep to myself with whoever I ended up with.  I picked up my stuff and silently moved to the side of the room as the teacher started calling out names.  The desk were arranged so that two people sat at one desk.  That person would become your partner for labs and work and the like. Soo Jin had been my partner in this class up until just now.  I wonder what would happen now that we were being separated. . .  

            “Chae Hun!”  I held my breath when the teacher called Chae Hun’s name.  I wasn’t scared of him per se.  I was moreso concerned with the fact that if I sat next to him, I would end up punching him in the face.  Not something I wanted to do in Chemistry class.  I sighed quietly in relief when another girl’s name was called.  She bounced happily towards where Chae Hun was sitting

            “Annyeong Chae Hun Oppa!” the girl squealed excitedly.  He just nodded at her.  He didn’t look very happy.  He turned around to look at me and winked.  I gave him a disgusted look before turning my head away.  I caught a glimpse of Minho glaring at Chae Hun.  Was I imagining things. . .?

            A few more names were called as I waited.  “Moon Soo Jin!” Mr. Lee called after he had called some other girl’s name.  Sooj walked happily to her desk and started chatting with the girl next to her.  I smiled; at least they were friends

            I thought back to the look on Minho’s face when Chae Hun winked at me.  Did he actually glare at Chae Hun?  Or was I just seeing things?  I didn’t have time to find out, because the next second, Mr. Lee called “Ryu Gi Young!”  I got up and walked towards the desk.  As I sat down, I heard Mr. Lee call out my seat partner’s name.

            “Choi Minho!”

             Did I mention how my life was never easy? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTER VILLAIN! LOL.  Hi again everyone!  It's been a while huh?  I'm so sorry~ :/  I had to finish my summer assignments.  School just started for me and it's been such a hectic first couple of days UGH. I really hope you all are enjoying this story.  I really put a lot of effort into it because it means a lot to me.  I saw that the views crossed 200 and I was so happy :D  I really appreciated everyone who's been reading and of course my amazing subscribers.  Please do continue commenting and subscribing!  I would LOVE feedback and opinions!  I'll see you in the next couple of days with another chapter!  Bye bye~

~AthleticShawol