Chapter 2: The Park

I Am Me

Gi Young’s P.O.V.

            When I arrived at the park, I sat in the car for a little bit.  I was trying to think out my plan for the day.  Hmm. . . I thought to myself, all right, after stretches. . . I’ll jog a lap around the park to warm up a bit.  Then, I think I’ll play basketball for my first sport.  I smiled as I got out of my car.  I jogged over to the grass to stretch out so I wouldn’t pull anything while I was playing sports.  Once I had finished, I lightly jogged around the park.  I felt extremely refreshed once I had finished, so I walked over to the shed to pull out a basketball.  Luckily, I found a basketball in perfect condition.  I sighed with relief; usually, I missed out on all the good basketballs because of the boys that came out to play on Saturdays.  Hmm, today seems to be going awfully well, I thought to myself, I just hope it continues.  Unfortunately, I spoke too soon.  When I arrived at the basketball courts, ALL OF THEM WERE TAKEN.  I groaned in exasperation. 

            I scanned the courts, looking to see if anyone was close to finishing a game.  As I looked, I noticed that one of the courts was only being occupied by one boy.  I could only see his back, but even from where I stood, I could tell he was well-built.  The cream-colored skin on the back of his neck glistened with beads of sweat as he shot the ball from different angles on the court.  Three-pointers, free-throws, lay-ups, you name it.  He was fairly tall, which made it difficult to determine his age.  If I had to guess, I would assume that he was around my own age.  I finally decided to walk over to his court.  I waited for him to finish the back-handed lay-up he was performing; I knew that I hated being disturbed when I was in the middle of a game, so I figured I would give him the same amount of space.  I watched as the basketball neatly went through the hoop.  At closer inspection, I noticed that the boy was quite attractive. . . WAIT WHAT?! I exclaimed in my head, did I just say that?  I never think of guys that way.  I view them as rivals in sports that help me improve my skills.  I quickly brushed these thoughts aside as I opened my mouth to speak.  “Excuse me?” I said.

Minho’s P.O.V.

            I was at the park alone today.  Jinki hyung and the others didn’t feel like doing much except hanging out at home on their day off.  With SM working us to the bone and attending college at the same time. . . I didn’t entirely blame them.  I loved coming to the park.  For me, playing sports was one of the most ideal ways to unwind and relax.  I relished the physical challenges in each individual sport because it forced me to focus all my energy on improving.  I had been in the park for about a half an hour so far, shooting hoops from different parts of the court and practicing different styles of lay-ups.  I had just managed to perfect my back-handed lay-up.  As soon as the ball went through the hoop, I heard a voice behind me. 

            “Excuse me?” the voice asked. 

            Oh no, I thought to myself, it’s a girl.  Why is this a bad thing?  The downside of being one of the kingkas of Seoul University and of being part of SHINee was the fangirls.  Don’t get me wrong, I appreciated the fans, but the girls that attended my university were horrible.  They always dressed in revealing clothing or put on an excess amount of make-up in order to get the attention of my group members or me.  It annoyed the crap out of me.  The worst was when I would be playing sports and they’d walk up to me wearing nothing but short shorts and tank tops, asking if they could play with me.  In the beginning, I used to say yes, thinking that they were actually being honest.  It quickly became apparent to me that something was fishy.  Every time one of these girls would play sports with me:  A.  They completely .  B.  They would somehow manage to fall and sprain their ankle or something so I would have to carry them to the nurse.  In all honesty, I didn’t completely realize this until someone opened my eyes for me. . .

~Flashback~

            I found a note sitting on top of my bag after I carried another “injured” girl to the nurse.  Cocking my head to the side, I unfolded it to read its contents.  Probably just another love letter, I thought to myself.  It was amazing how wrong I was.


Annyeonghasaeyo,

    I know it’s none of my business or anything, but I just thought you should know:  These girls that are coming up to you and playing sports with you; they’re all fakes.  They just want your attention.  They pretend to get hurt so you can carry them to the Nurse’s Office.  I know you probably won’t believe me, so why don’t you go check up on that girl you just took to the nurse?  I hate it when people do stuff like this and I didn’t want you to be kept in the dark.

            I stared at the letter with wide eyes for a few seconds.  The note was anonymous, but the handwriting clearly belonged to a girl, which led me to think that she was just saying this because she was jealous and wanted to make the other girls look bad.  But if that had been the case, she wouldn’t have included a fool proof way for me to figure out whether or not she was telling the truth.  I shrugged.  It couldn’t hurt to check it out.  If I don’t, this note is going to bother me all day.  I made my way around the University, searching for the girl that I had taken to the office.  I finally found her, walking completely normally.  She didn’t even have an ice-pack with her!  My eyes narrowed in disgust as I walked away.  I looked down at the note again.  Whoever this girl was, I would have to thank her later. . .

~End Flashback~

 

            I pretty much imagined the same scene going on here.  I pictured the girl behind me wearing the short shorts and tank top and everything.  I sighed inwardly as I turned around to decline before she even said anything.  The minute I turned around, the words died in my throat.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Ohohoho, why so shocked Minho?  Yay for Chapter 2!  I promise the chapters get longer as we progress!  Thank you for readying! :D