Vacation

Why is it me? (Sequel to why is it you?)

Yoona POV:

“Babe? You okay?” Jonghyun interrupted my thoughts making me jump. I almost sliced my finger thinking it was a carrot. I pulled my hand away and dropped the knife I was holding. 

“O-oh.” I answered him throwing in the rest of the carrots that I had cut before into the pot. 

“You’ve been zoning out a lot lately, is everything alright?” He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I bit my lip and nodded. 

“A lot of things have happened this past month, Jjong.” I told him playing off the lie as if it were true. I wasn’t about to tell him about my encounter with Changmin. Ever since Kikwang’s wedding I had been paranoid as hell. 

Changmin’s deadline was soon approaching and I still hadn’t figured out a way to keep everyone safe. 

“Relax, Yoona everything is going to be fine.” Jonghyun chided me as he massaged my shoulders. I smiled at him uneasy before he left my side.

Everything was not going to be fine. 

After my encounter with Changmin, I knew my life would never be the same again. I was already dreading the week to end. 

That’s all I had. A week.

“What do you think about taking a vacation?” I suddenly propped the question to him as I turned around. He was mixing the vegetables for the stew we were making for the kids. It was Monday and to lay off my parents we would always cook on Mondays for them. 

Suddenly an idea sprang to my head. 

“A vacation?” He asked turning around. I nodded slowly. “We could use a break. Us and the kids.” 

He leaned against the counter and put on his serious face. “Well, it would be a nice break from all this craziness we’ve had.” He mulled it over. I stood up higher my face perking up. At least he was thinking about it.

“Let’s talk it over with the kids during dinner.” He said. I nodded and turned back around and continued dicing. 

Good.

Gives me enough time to plan “our”  vacation.

—————-

 

“A vacation?” Miwoo repeated. We were seated at my parents dinner table eating the stew we made while my parents took the night off. 

“What’s that?” Yunwoo asked playing with his food. I removed his hands from the mashed potatoes and replaced them with a spoon. 

“Yunwoo, a vacation is when you go spend time with your family and have fun.” Jonghyun kindly explained to our son. I nodded along agreeing with his explanation. 

“Aren’t we on a vacation now then?” He asked. 

No, Yunwoo that’s different.” Miwoo said trying to explain to him. I smiled at y little Princess before ruffling her hair. She was always so sweet helping out Yunwoo. He was a little slow-obviously going after his father and Miwoo was always there to help pick him up to her pace. 

Moments like these made me forget about all my troubles. I became completely absorbed into my kids lives. I loved listening to them talk and play with each other. No matter how tired I would be when I came home they always gave me the energy to function again.

I’m going to miss them so much. 

“So we’re going?” I turned to Jonghyun. He nodded with an excited on his face. I smiled at him sadly as he started to pick up the plates to wash. 

I started surfing the web on my phone for flight information when Jonghyun came back from the kitchen with the phone. 

“It’s for you, babe.” He patted my hip handing me the home phone. 

“Hello?” I answered it.

No answer.

“Hello?” I said again into the phone. I knew there was someone there, I heard rustling of papers on the other line. 

“Leave the room.” 

I swallowed and shot up from the table. My kids were too busy talking to each other to notice the distressed expression on my face. 

“What do you want?” I asked in a low whisper speed walking to all the windows and covering them with blinds. 

“Sweetheart, calm down. I won’t enter the house.” I flinched at the sound of voice. He was close I knew it. He was watching me as well. 

“I wanted to remind you-you have a week left.”  I rolled my eyes. No, . I knew I had a week left. 

“yes, I’m aware.” I said tersely.

“Then stop stalling.” He snapped.

I bit my lip. “I’m doing the best I can. When I’m ready, I’m ready so off.” I said harshly before ending the call.

ing bastard. 

I know I pissed him off, wished he would cry about it.

“Who was that?” Jonghyun came out of the kitchen and joined me. I shook my head and placed the phone back where it belonged. 

“It was a stupid call.” I said circling my arms around his neck. 

“Aw, I wouldn’t have picked up then.” He said resting his hands on my hips. I shrugged. I don’t know why Changmin called. If he was trying to threaten me it wasn’t working. I had already agreed to Changmin that I would do whatever he wanted. I was doing that. 

He didn’t need to agitate me any further. 

“It’s ok.” I pecked his lips and looked sideways to make sure the kids weren’t watching. Yunwoo was helping Miwoo get out of her high chair. 

I turned back to Jonghyun and kissed him again this time with his responding back into the kiss. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck tighter and went on my tippy toes to kiss him harder. 

I’m going to spend the rest of my days cherishing you. 

 

A/N-sorry this chapter is unusally short I just really had to update and I didn't have the willpower tocontinue tyoing. I'm fasting and I have no energy but to nap LOL. I'm really not motivated to write this story anymore...