Changmin

Why is it me? (Sequel to why is it you?)

Yoona POV:

 

“Umma how come we’re not sleeping in the same house?” Yunwoo asked me as I fixed the bow tie around his neck. Little kid fell asleep in the car and didn’t have time to change into his clothes until we arrived to the wedding hall. 

“Well, Yunwoo-ah. Your grandparents really miss you and wanted to spend time with you.” I said lightly touching his nose. 

“But, I wanna spend time with Umma.” He whined hugging my bare legs. I smiled down at my angel and patted his unruly hair. “Me too,” I sighed. I hated how I had to live apart from the kids. 

Jonghyun and I had agreed that the kids would stay with my parents until we figured out what we would do. 

It’s been two weeks now and I absolutely hate it. Sure, I see them everyday but that’s not the same as having them with me 24/7. They were my babies…I hated being apart from them. 

“Come on, handsome.” I bent down and picked up the little prince. We had spent enough time in the bathroom getting him all dressed up for the wedding. It was time to go see Appa and Miwoo. 

The wedding hall was fairly close to the bathroom-which I was grateful for because of the frequent bathrooms I’d have to make for the kids. 

“Look,” I pointed to Kikwang who was standing by the entrance greeting everyone. Yunwoo looked down at himself and then at Kikwang. Both boys were in bow ties. Yunwoo pouted and made a face at Kikwang. “He copied me.” 

I threw my head back in laughter at his cuteness. “Come on,” I said. 

Kikwang was matching with Yunwoo except Yunwoo’s bow tie was a teal color not black. 

“Hey,” I said sneaking up behind Kikwang. He turned around and smiled at the two of us. “Hey, you made it!” He said excitedly hugging the two of us. I quickly broke the hug before Yunwoo attacked Kikwang. I don’t know what Jonghyun’s been feeding in Yunwoo’s mind but for some reason this child won’t like Kikwang at all. 

“I wouldn’t miss my best friend’s wedding.” I said cheekily setting Yunwoo down the ground. Yunwoo took this as a chance and ran to his Dad. I didn’t bother watching him. I could see Jonghyun from here and I knew Yunwoo would be fine. 

Kikwang sighed and rested his elbow on my shoulder. “Can you believe it? I’m getting married.” He said. 

“I know, it’s weird. We always thought….” I started to say and then stopped before looking at him carefully. 

“We’d get married to each other…”He finished. I nodded stiffly. “What a plot twist.” he laughed. I smiled slightly and moved away so he could greet the other guests coming in. 

“Are you happy Kikwang?” I asked him. 

“Hmm?” He asked distracted as he was caught in a handshake. “Are you happy right now?” 

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away from the entrance so we could talk. 

“Yoona, you know I never thought I’d be able to get over you.” I turned quiet and looked down guiltily at my feet. 

“When I was in the army, I would continuously reject Hyosung because the only girl I could think of was you.” He said. 

“But, I found myself going back to her every single time. When she wasn’t with me, I missed her.  When she stopped working at my base, I looked for her everywhere. She made me smile again, she made me laugh again. She made me Kikwang again.” He said staring past my head. The look in Kikwang’s eyes showed me that he wasn’t with me. He was in the past in a memory he cherished. 

“I just feel whole with her. It’s something I never felt when I was with you.” He told me offering an apologetic smile. 

“Good, I’m glad.” I said truthfully. Hyosung was going to make him happy in ways I could never. “Now where is the bride to be?” I asked him. 

He sighed and pouted his lip pushing outwards. “In the bridal room getting ready. I haven’t seen her since last night,” He grumbled crossing his arms. 

“Of course not,” I patted his shoulder. “Do you think I’d be allowed to see her?” I asked him hesitantly. I wasn’t a bridesmaid and I was sure anyone could walk in except for Kikwang but was I allowed? 

“Duh, why wouldn’t you be?” Kikwang retorted back to me. 

He showed me the way to the bridal room before leaving me in the front of the door and leaving. “Well, here goes nothing.” I said to myself as I pushed the big golden doors open. 

Hyosung was absolutely stunning in her dress. My jaw dropped when I saw how radiant she looked. The dress fit her perfectly, enunciating all her curves and hugging her body in all the right places. Kikwang’s a lucky guy.  (http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d7/dd/3e/d7dd3e51aca685e18734ef38e55b2e6d.jpg

“Yoona!” Hyosung said smiling her traditional gummy smile at me. She left her makeup artists and walked over to me. 

“You came,” She said sweetly holding my hand. I smiled back at her. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” I replied back squeezing her hand. 

We walked back together to her bridal chair where her bridesmaids eyed me carefully. I bowed at the girls in light pink but they continued staring. 

I mean I would to if the fiancé of the bride’s ex-lover walked in too. 

“How do you feel?” I asked as the makeup artist dusted powder on her face. 

“Nervous, my hearts about to explode.” She chattered as she tried to stay still but she  had too much excitement in her body that she was jumping. 

“What are you so nervous about? All you have to do is say I do.” I told her sitting down next to her. 

She shrugged and put a hand up so the makeup artist would stop. “I guess I’m just paranoid…that last minute Kikwang might change his mind.” She said looking down at her feet as her voice dropped. 

I reached over and put my hand over Hyosung’s. 

“Hyosung, I know I’m the last one to be giving you advice on Kikwang but listen to me very closely.” I said. 

“Kikwang’s a very blunt person-I’m sure you already know that.” And she did because she nodded. 

“If he tells you he loves you, he means it. He doesn’t take it back. He’ll love you forever.” I assured her. 

She pressed her lips together. “Kikwang loves you too.” I shook my head at her response. “That’s different. We were best friends…our love was different. Your love with Kikwang is different.” I said. 

“You make him happy in ways I could never make him happy, Hyosung. And that’s why I’m so glad that you’re in his life.” I squeezed her hand. She looked at me her eyes bright and wide. “You think so?” 

I smiled at her innocence. In an instant I hugged her careful not to ruin her dress. “I know so.” I whispered in her ear. “Now, become a beautiful bride that Kikwang can be proud of.” I said to her standing up and leaving her side. 

“You won’t stay?” She said as her makeup artists started to return to her side. I shook my head. “I have to watch the twins.” I smoothly lied to her. Actually it’s your bridesmaids who are glaring holes into the back of my head. I don’t feel quite comfortable in their presence. 

I waved at her before I left the room and avoided eye contact with the other girls. 

Ok, it’s one thing to stare at me when I walk in, but its another thing to stare at me the whole time I’m there and make me uncomfortable enough to leave the room. I was going in for moral support. I wasn’t telling Hyosung to back off Kikwang sheesh! 

People these days. 

“Where’ve you been?” Jonghyun asked worried when I came to his side. He slipped an arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. 

“I went to see the bride.” I told him searching for the twins. With my supersonic Mommy skills I found the two munchkins dancing together with other kids on the dance floor. 

They obviously inherited their Mommy’s dancing skills. 

“And how did that go?” Jonghyun asked. I shrugged as I leaned my body against him. “It was a little awkward…but I gave her some support so I think I did well.” I turned to look at him. I was so glad he dyed his hair back to brown. I hated it silver. 

Jonghyun offered a smile of support before sweetly kissing me on the lips. One thing that hadn’t changed after we got married was his display of affection. It actually only got worse after we got married. I thought it would die down but no. Jonghyun was even more affectionate to me. 

Meanwhile I’m just the same. Sometimes holding his hand in public. 

“Umma, Umma, Umma!” Miwoo came running over to me. Jonghyun and I snapped out of our own little world and went back to reality. 

“Yes, my love what is it?” I asked her catching her in my arms. “I need to use the ladies room,” She whispered in my ear. I turned my head to look at Jonghyun as he wondered what was wrong with Miwoo. 

“So, that’s why you ran to me and not Appa.” I said to myself. Miwoo and Jonghyun were usually attached by the hip. “Umma~” She whined. 

“Ok ok, I’ll take you.” I said to her grabbing her hand. “I’ll be back,” I told Jonghyun. He gave me a “are you kidding me” look. I nodded. Yes, I was leaving again. Bathroom duty awaits!

“Miwoo are you sure you don’t want to wear your diapers?” I questioned her on our way to the bathroom. “You’ve been going to the bathroom a lot lately.” 

Miwoo shook her head firmly. “Diapers aren’t for ladies like me.” She said sticking her chin up high. I chuckled at her statement. I don’t know when but lately Miwoo’s been refusing to wear her diaper. At first I was happy, so I started potty-training her but the frequent bathroom trips were starting to get bothersome. Especially in the middle of the night. 

I wonder who gave her that crazy idea….probably her grandmother. 

“Ok, here we are.” I said opening the stall for her. “I can use it myself, Umma.” She protested when I started to enter the stall with her. I put my hands up and moved backwards. “Alright then.” I said. Can she even climb onto the seat? 

I turned around and looked at the mirror as I waited for her to finish. I took my hair out of a bun and let it fall loosely. Ah, that’s much better. I was never the type to look proper and lady-like. I ran my fingers through my hair roughly to soften up the waves the bun had created. 

“Miwoo-“ I turned to ask if she was done when I saw a pair of eyes in the mirror. I whipped my head backwards and followed the reflection that I saw. 

No, no no there is no way.

I had to think fast. Miwoo was in the room with me.

I quickly opened the stall just when Miwoo was lowering her dress. “Umma!” She cried. I quickly pulled her out of the stall. “Miwoo, I want you to go back the ways we came and find Appa and tell him Umma made a call okay?” I instructed her carefully.

Miwoo stared at me confused and touched my cheek. “What’s wrong, Umma?” She asked me noticing that there was something wrong with me. I shook my head and kissed the palm of her hand. 

“You want to be a big girl right?” She nodded. “Find Appa, you remember the way right?” I asked her. Miwoo nodded excitedly. “Go,” I told her giving her a light push until she walked herself out of the bathroom. 

As soon as she was out of sight I locked the door quickly, and turned back around just in time when he appeared again. 

“I have to say,” He said chuckling to himself. “You have a beautiful daughter.” 

I clenched my fist together and felt my teeth grind together. I growled. I actually growled at the bastard. “Don’t you dare talk about her.” I said removing my shoe and throwing it at him. I had perfect aim but bastard was quick and saw it coming. 

“Oh, come on is that how you greet an old friend?” He asked opening his arms as if for a hug. I sneered at him. He hadn’t changed at all. He was still the same evil, vile henchman he was two years ago. 

“What do you want?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest. He narrowed his eyes and looked me over head and to toe as if he to say you. I rolled my eyes at his sadist humor. 

“If you’re going to kill me, then please just get it over with now.” I said to him. I was getting so sick and tired of his stupid games. Appearing and disappearing in my lives. If I’m dead will he finally leave my family alone? 

He laughed as if I said the most funniest joke in the world. That pissed me off, because here I am totally serious about handing my life over to him and he thinks I’m just playing. 

“Oh, please. Death is too kind for you.” He said as he walked over to me oh so slowly. I rolled my eyes and stayed in my spot. I wasn’t fazed by his lame tactics. Ever since Jaejoong’s death I earned a new confidence. I wasn’t going to back away from s like Changmin that didn’t scare me at all. 

“Didn’t you read the letter closely?” He asked gently as he placed his hands on my waist. I smacked his hands away and shoved him off of me. “I’m here to take you away forever.” He said his voice dripping with fake sweetness. 

“In your ing dreams.” I cursed at him not tolerating his games anymore. I kicked him in his crotch as hard as I could and I guess God was on my side today because Changmin doubled over and fell backwards. I acted quickly because I knew who I was dealing with. I threw a foot on his chest and stepped hard praying that I punctured a lung. 

Changmin coughed and tried to let out a laugh but I stepped on his chest harder making it hard for him. That’s right, . Try and laugh at me now. 

“You always were so cute.” He said wrapping a hand on my foot. I glared at him, trying to shake his hand off my foot but that was near to impossible.

Changmin pushed my foot off of his chest causing me to lose my balance and fall backwards. I winced as my head hit the hard bathroom floor. 

“ing bastard,” I muttered a curse as I put a hand underneath my head. I felt something sticky  seep through my head and I knew I was bleeding. I glared at Changmin who was currently sitting over my stomach. Yes, this was seated on top of me, crushing my lungs and making it very hard for me to breath. 

“!” I shrieked finally laying flat feeling exhausted that I was powerless underneath him. He laughed and my hair which led me to shake my head profusely so he could let go. 

“I’m going to have so much fun with you,” He said his finger tracing over my lip. 

“Get the off of me.” I glared at him. There was something different about him this time. Before he was working under Jaejoong and he was powerless always following his orders. Now, he was a free man with a dark aura surrounded by him. 

Even though he was smiling down at me I could see something sinister stirring in his eyes. 

“I’m sorry, sweetheart. But it’s time I take you away.” Hecooed getting ever so close to my lips. I moved my head backwards but that was impossible considering I was already on the ground. I was basically hitting my head over and over again. 

“I’m not going anywhere,” I struggled underneath him trying to push him off me. WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO SMALL. 

Changmin stopped joking around and looked at me as if I was a disgusting piece of trash. He roughly picked me up by the collar of my dress and brought me close to my face. 

“It’s time you pay for Jaejoong’s death. You’re coming with me.” He said pulling me up on my feet and latching a hand tight around my wrist. My eyes widened at the contact. I’M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. 

“Get your ing hands off of me!” I shrieked kicking and screaming. I even went so far as to falling to the ground and letting him slide me. 

He whipped his head around and slammed my body against the wall. I became momentarily blind when the back of my head hit the wall. The impact was so rough that my eyes went black for two seconds before I could see again. 

“I will kill your entire family one by one, leaving you to watch their corpse rot. First Jonghyun then Miwoo and Yunwoo and then I’ll move to your parents-“ I stopped him by putting a hand over his mouth. He didn’t need to continue, I understood. If I didn’t listen to him he was going to kill everyone I loved. 

“What do you want me to do?” I whispered looking down on the ground as my strong facade fell. I was back to being weak little Yoona. 

 

 

A/N-uhm so yaas i finally updated! this chapter....im not soo proud of cause this is where the plot is really suppose to hit but i wrote it so poorely i dont think it came right. should i just stop with writing the sequel?