Protection

Why is it me? (Sequel to why is it you?)
Yoona POV

"Jonghyun is this really necessary?"
 
He ignored my question and waited for the officer to continue asking another question once he finished typing.

We were seated at the police station with the kids filing a police report. Jonghyun was so agitated by that letter that he went as far as going to the police station. I told him it was just hate mail, I always got it. It didn't bother me as much as it bothered him. 

"And you received the letter when?" The officer asked me. I sighed and shook my head lightly. "It was around 1 pm I think." I answered. The officer narrowed his eyes at me. "You think?"

I glared at the man. "I wasnt keeping track of the time. All i know is that it was around lunch time." I gritted my teeth as I held Miwoo tightly.

"Why is he being mean to mommy?" Yunwoo asked Jonghyun grabbing his fathers chin. "He's not being mean, your mother is being a bad girl." I shot a glare at Jonghyun and wished so badly I could smack him.

"Have you checked the security camera around your neighborhood?" He asked my husband. Jonghyun nodded much to my surprise because I didnt even think of it. "It's been tampered with. A whole hour is missing from the tapes." Jonghyun said. I went rigid. .

Someone doesnt want to be seen.

And that someone tampered with our security camera.

I gulped as my mind started thinking.  It was more then just hate mail.

"Can you think of anyone that would want to hurt you or your family?" The officer asked the two of us.

I shook my head. "There's no one that-" I paused losing my sentence. There was someone...Memories from two years ago that I had tried so hard to push away, resurfaced again. I exchanged a look with Jonghyun and I saw he was thinking the same thing as me. 

"Jaejoong," I mouthed to him. Jonghyun shook his head. "There's no way Yoona. I killed him with my own hands." He said whispering it so the kids didnt hear. And the officer as well.

"Then who-" I stopped and felt my blood go cold.
 
There was one person that we never found at the crime scene.
 
Someone who we had nlong though was dead.

Changmin.

"Jaejoong had a henchman." I quickly said turning to the officer. "His name is Changmin and I'm positive he's still out there."

"You're sure?" The officer asked with uncertainty.

"The last time I saw him he was still alive." I told him. "He's alive." I muttered to myself. , , . How the hell did I forget about him?!

"Who is Umma?" Miwoo asked looking up at me. I looked down at my daughter. If Changmin really sent that letter he knows about the twins.Crap. What else does he know?
 
"No one important, sweetie." I smoothed her hair out of her face sending her a reassuring smile. i tightened my hold around her. My babies weren't safe. And it scared the out of me.
 

We exited the police station with nervous hearts. Jonghyun was happily yapping to the kids to distract them, while I hadn't spoken a word since the station. I knew he was only trying to keep them busy so they wouldn't ask any questions.  My mind was whirling at an unnatural speed. Changmin was going to come after my kids, he's going to want revenge...How do I protect my family? Thickness built up in my throat but I refused to let out a tear. I was stronger than this. Hell, I escaped Jaejoong.

With the help of Jonghyun of course.
 
Why does he have to go after them? Why not me?! 
 
Anyone but my babies.

"Yoona," Jonghyun called out to me. I raised my head and saw that we had reached our car and Jonghyun had safely seated the kids in the car.

"What do we do?" My voice cracked as I stared at his feet.

"They're not safe anymore-the kids. How am I suppose to protect them and you?" I said helplessly as I leaned against the car door. Jonghyun ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "Why the hell is he back? I thought he was gone. for good." 
 
I hit my head against the door. "He wants revenge." I shut my eyes as I vividly remembered that day I was kidnapped. "He wants revenge, and he's going to take it out on our kids." I whispered swalloing hard. 
 
"No, no he's not." 
 
"Yes, he is Jonghyun. He wants to kill all of us." I said. "He's not going to touch anyone." Jonghyun said this time louder. 
 
"Yes he is!" I shouted turning my head to look at him. "He already knows where we live, how long will it take for him to try to hurt the kids? What if he takes them away from us? What if he touches-" I stopped not wanting to say what I was thinking as I looked at the twins in the car. They were chatting together as they looked back at me. 
 
"Jonghyun I'm never going to forgive myself if something happens to them. I can't lose them, please." I cried begging him as I held his shirt. I was scared. I was deathly afraid. All this time we were living our lives happily completly forgetting that we still had an enemy out there. Changmin was alive and well.
 
And he was waiting for us. 
--
"Goodnight guys." I kissed the top of their heads. "Goodnight Umma." they chimed together as I shut their lamp off. I left the room with a heavy heart and made my way to my bedroom. 
 
It was a long day. After we came home from the police station me and Jonghyun hadn't spoken a word. I wanted to preoccupy myself as much as possible. I started straight on working on dinner when I got home and when that was finished I started cleaning my house as if my life depended on it. Jonghyun disappeared to his workplace and the kids were playing in the living room where I could see them. 
 
I think I locked every single door and every single window in this house about 5 times before I thought it was safe to go to bed. I was so paranoid that I walked around the house at least 10 times inspecting every nook and cranny making sure that there was nowhere someone could get in. 
 
I went to bed jittery sliding into bed with cold feet. The lamp was on and I was staring straight ahead at my door as I waited for Jonghyun.
 
I literally felt like I was a zombie. I did everything to keep myself busy and now that I'm alone I...
 
I'm scared. 
 
I didn't realize that noise that came out of my mouth was a sob. I covered my mouth with my hands as I pulled the covers up. 
 
How do I keep everyone safe? 
 
The door swung open and I quickly turned around and pretended I was asleep so Jonghyun wouldn't notice. I bit my lip hard to stop myself from shaking. 
 
"Asleep?" He said as his voice came closer. I didn't move and stayed silent. I was afraid if I answered him I'd start sobbing. 
 
The bed dipped and I felt Jonghyun's warm body behind mine. "Yoona." He said softly his voice right by my ear. I froze going completely still. 
 
"Look at me." He said gently as his hands were placed on my shoulders to turn me around. 
 
I unwillingly turned around and stared at him with tears in my eyes. "It's okay to cry, love." He said cupping my face as my lip quivered. 
 
That's when I lost it. I threw my head into his chest and let out a cry. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and rocked me back and forth. 
 
 
A/N- i am so sorry i never updated and im not even bs-ing you guys i had no time to update. I finally got a laptop tho whoop whoop and i be updating like cray now so...look out oh and i hope you like this even if its short. ish gone get real son!