Arrival of the Soldier

Why is it me? (Sequel to why is it you?)

Yoona POV:


It's been two years since the twins birth. And two years since I last saw Kikwang.

He was leaving the army today.

As he promised I didn't come to see him but...I couldn't help myself but write to him. He was my best friend. I missed him.

"Jonghyun, you promised!" I said into the phone holding it against my neck as I drove with two hands. "I know babe, I'm sorry but they suddenly called me at the office." He said. "Fine, bye." I shut my phone off and threw it at the seat. He knew how important today was and he had to blow me off.

"Umma!" Miwoo cried from the backseat. "What is it?" I asked looking in the mirror. "Where are we going?" She asked. I smiled. My little princess was always curious, looking for answers. She was only 2 but boy was she smart. "We're going to see your uncle." I told her making a turn into a military drive.

"The military?!" Yunwoo cried almost jumping from his car seat. Soon he started in a play of shooting guns and bombs towards his twin sister who just warded him off. I was stopped by a military officer who was inspecting my vehicle. "I'm here to pick up a soldier." I said rolling down my window. "He's getting discharged today." The officer nodded and opened the gates for me.

That was easy...As I drove along the extensive driveway young soldiers in their training outfits were marching by. Yunwoo went crazy at the sight gawking at me. "Me too me too!" He yelled trying to get out of his car seat but it was impossible of course. He was strapped to it.

"Let's see where should I park?" I said to myself finding a spot. It's not like there's a parking lot anywhere. All there is, is gravel and that's it.

I parked my car in front of a military base that Kikwang was stationed in. I pulled the flowers from the seat and got out of the car. "Come on, guys." I heaved unbuckling the twins from their car seats. Happily they jumped out of the car one by one. I carried Miwoo and held Yunwoo's hand as we walked up the stairs. "Umma our uncle is here?" Miwoo asked shrinking back and holding onto me tightly.

"We'll only be here for a little bit sweetie okay? There's nothing to be afraid of," I kissed her temple. Weird. Miwoo didn't inherit my wild side for adventure. In fact none of the kids did. Yunwoo was just hyper. Like his father.

As I swung the knob of the door in front of me I was greeted by great pictures of past military generals. They were adorned on the wall all around the entrance. There was a staircase in front of me that led to upstairs but I stayed put. What if i get lost?

 "WOW!" Yunwoo let go of my hand and took off. "Yah what do you think you're doing?!" I dropped Miwoo and chased after my son. Here I was running a wild goose-chase with my energetic bubbling son. Not fun.

"Umma!" I heard Miwoo cry from the entrance. I caught Yunwoo and scolded him. "You know you're not suppose to run away like that." I tugged on his arm towards his sister. "I know," He said with his hand in his mouth.A habit he had acquired. "Sorry Umma I'll be a good boy from now on," Yunwoo placed a slobbery kiss on my hand. I threw my hand back in laughter. Sometimes I had a hard time with raising my children. But in the end I knew it was worth it. I never regretted having two instead of one.

When I returned to the entrance hall Miwoo was in the hands of another man who's back was facing me. "Hey why do you have my daughter?" I cried tapping his shoulder. He whirled around and that stranger I had just spoken to me was Kikwang.

"Kikwang," I gasped in shock when I looked at him. I can't believe it's him. After two years. It was really him. And boy did he look different. His hair was still the shaved buzz cut like everyone else. But he looked so much older now. As if aged in the army. And his body got even bigger if that was possible. Damn, he looked good.

"Long time no see," He smiled cheekily at me. I scoffed. "What? Long time no see?" I let go of Yunwoo's hand and smacked Kikwang in the chest. "Is that what you have to say to me after two years?" Clearly I was annoyed. I imagine running up to him smiling and hugging him tightly and this is the greeting I get from him.

"Aniyo, I have more." He put Miwoo down. "When did you get so old?" He crossed his arms studying me. "Me? Old?" I squealed.

"You guys don't take care of your Umma HUH?" He suddenly asked the twins. "What?! Of course we do!" Yunwoo bravely said standing in the middle of Kikwang and I. "Really? She looks like a grandma now." Kikwang taunted. "Ya!" I yelled. "Don't talk bad about my Umma!" Yunwoo shrieked stomping his foot.

Kikwang looked at Yunwoo incredulously. "He sure has your temper..."  I smirked. That's my son! "Ready to go?" I asked him. He shrugged and picked up his one bag that he had. "Come on Miwoo." I motioned for her to grab my other hand. "Umma," Yunwoo tugged on my pants leg opening his arms. I sighed and picked him up in my arms. "And he is just as bothersome as his father." I told Kikwang as we walked out of the building.

"Can't believe you had twins..." He muttered shaking his head. "Me either."

We made it to the car, first putting Yunwoo in and then Miwoo. "They look like you," Kikwang commented. I huffed as I put my seatbelt on. "of course I'm their mother."

"well Yunwoo sure goes on you...I don't know about Jonghyun." He said.

"Trust me he's the younger version of Jonghyun. they're both monsters." I said lowly so Yunwoo didn't hear. He chuckled. "And your daughter?" Kikwang asked looking back at her. "Miwoo is a doll. She doesn't complain, she doesn't cry, she does everything I ask her for." I said beginning to drive.

"Who'd she go on?" He asked. I shrugged. "Neither of us. I asked Jonghyun's mom and he was exactly like Yunwoo." "And me...well you know how I was." I told him. I was a brat.

"maybe she went after BoA Noona." Kikwang suggested. I looked at Miwoo again. she was gazing out the window staring at the clouds. "maybe..." I stopped at the red light.

"Enough about me, what about you? Every letter I wrote, every time I called you never answered me ever!" I exclaimed finally relishing my anger out on him. "Do you know worried I was for you?" I stomped on the accelerator when the light turned green. "I didn't reply to your calls, or letters because I was afraid...I'd miss you too much." He looked down. I grew quiet. It's been two years since my wedding and Kikwang is still exactly where I left him. Not over me.

"Kikwang..." I started to say but didn't have the backbone to say it. "I'm okay, Yoona." He looked at me. I stopped for a moment so I could read him. Was he really okay?
--
We reached my house and the twins were more than happy to get out of the car. "I prepared your favorite, seasoned ribs!" I gushed as we entered the door. I wasn't sure if Jonghyun was going to make it for lunch since he had a meeting. So, why not start without him.

"Miwoo, Yunwoo wash your hands and face for lunch." I pushed the kids to the bathroom. I walked back to the kitchen tying my apron on. "god, you've changed so much Yoona." Kikwng said making me look up. He was staring at me as if he had never seen me before. "I always knew you'd make a great mother." He said. I blushed. I wasn't that great.

I pulled the ribs out of the fridgerator and prepared to fry them On the grill. "Kikwang if you want to look around you can," I motioned with my clamp upstairs. Our house was close to the SM building because Jonghyun and I always had to make frequent runs there back and forth. And it was such a hassle to bring the kids with us. Yuri and Taec lived a few blocks away and it was perfect to drop them off there. "O.K, I guess I'll explore." He grinned mischievously and wandered around. I watched him leave, taking the stairs to upstairs.

I pulled out some veggies and potato wedges. It's so hard making Yunwoo eat his veggies. His grandma said Jonghyun was the same. She told me boil the vegetables and season them with black pepper and vinegar at least he'd eat them that way.

Surprisingly the doorbell rang. That was weird I wasn't expecting anyone...could It be all of B2ST? I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FOOD TO FEED AN ARMY. When I didn't get the door at first I heard it open. Eh? They didn't have the key to my house!! I hurried towards the door to see who it was.

I put my hand on my hip thankful I had a ladle in my hand. I was going to hit Jonghyun with it. "Aw come on is that how you'regoing to greet your husband after a long day of work?" He pouted at me with his arms wide open.

"Yes." I said raising the ladle so I could hit him with it. But Jonghyun grabbed my arm and put it behind me and pulled me close
so our bodies were touching. To think after giving birth to those two kids I'd be stronger than my husband but boy, was I wrong.

"Now, how are you going to hit me?" He asked me tauntingly with a raised eyebrow.  I raised my other hand to show him I wasn't defenseless. He grabbed that hand as well and held it close to his chest. "Now what?" He smirked. I glared at him and huffed. Jonghyun walked backward knocking into me so I was pushed up against the wall. Basically he was just proving his strength to me. I looked away from his gaze and towards the kitchen.

What if Kikwang came downstairs?! Or worse the kids?!

I felt Jonghyun's lips on my forehead making me turn towards him. He turned sideways to kiss my cheek. I sighed as I felt the cool brush of his lips against my cheek. He bent lower and kissed my lips making me give into him. Knowing he had won he let go of my hands and they fell to my side.

"You know I had the whole day clear today, blame Manager Hyung for calling an emergency meeting." He cupped my cheeks. "Fine," I said moving aside so I could go back to the kitchen and finish cooking. Jonghyun though didn't let me.

"Are you still mad?" He asked. "I'm not mad Jonghyun,I need to cook." I told him. Why isn't Kikwang down yet? Jonghyun let go of me. Thank god.

"Alright..." He said a little down. I walked back to the kitchen to boil the veggies. Jonghyun followed me into the kitchen. I stared at him questionably. The only cooking he knew was BBQ. Was he going to fry the ribs?

He came close to my ear to whisper something. "I'll make it up to you tonight." I felt his fingers grazing my arm back and forth. I smirked turning my head back at him elbowing him in the process.

"Umma!" I heard Miwoo cry. I turned back around and saw her running towards us. "Yunwoo isn't washing his hands!" She exclaimed. I sighed. Of course... Jonghyun left me and swooped his daughter into his arms. I swear I had never seen a man have so much love for his daugther except Jonghyun. He had an infinite amount of affection for her it was crazy. 

Right then, Kikwang came running down the stairs. He had a tense expression written on his face and he was lookng pale. "Kikwang what-" I asked. 

"I'm sorry, Yoona but I have to go." He told me urgently putting his shoes on. I looked over at Jonghyun and he was equally as shocked as I was. "But, you just got here." I dropped the knife on the table and walked towards him. "I know, I'm sorry." 

"What's going on?" Jonghyun came over dropping Miwoo to go and catch her brother. Kikwang sighed. "I have to go stop a plane." Kikwang muttered stupidly exiting. 

Jonghyun and I stared at Kikwang dumbfounded. Stop a plane? I looked at him and then back at the door that he just left. 

STOP A PLANE?! 

 

A/N- WOAH WOAH WOAH SORRY It took me forever to type up the first chapter lol dont hate me plz! But here ya go and it's extra long. OH HOT DAMN KIKWANG OS STOPPING A PLANE?! WHAT ISH DID HE GET INTO? lol i'm gonna have a small short story for Kikwang later on...idk when I'll start writing it though. But yea you'll find out next chapter why. :P Anywayz schools in 10 days :( DED. I'm so not ready for senior yr. i'll stop babbling. enjoy!